For all of you going at Thanksgiving time.....

Got everything we wanted for TG week. I started online at 6am and got everything except TG Day. Only thing I could get was Yak and Yeti (not what we want for TG!). We wanted Garden Grill and page kept saying they were experiencing high volume, try again later (still saying that now, by the way). So when the phones opened at 7, I called, held for about 20 minutes, and the CM looked at her computer. She said all she had was for 6pm, would that be okay!? So we got that one too. What a magical morning!

Got everything we wanted for TG week. I started online at 6am and got everything except TG Day. Only thing I could get was Yak and Yeti (not what we want for TG!). We wanted Garden Grill and page kept saying they were experiencing high volume, try again later (still saying that now, by the way). So when the phones opened at 7, I called, held for about 20 minutes, and the CM looked at her computer. She said all she had was for 6pm, would that be okay!? So we got that one too. What a magical morning!

I didn't try online but called right at 7 a.m. I waited for about 15 until I got through and got every rest. we wanted for TG week and within 10 minutes of our desired time. We didn't go for anything in the park. I thought they would be busier because of free dining so we are going to try Grand Floridian Cafe for Thanksgiving.

I also booked this am for Thanksgiving week. I got almost the exact places/times I wanted some at exact time, so within 15-30 mins. My only problem was getting a later CM ressie than I wanted (7:45pm is a little late for our kids) but we'll make do. I can't complain--the online system went smoothly with no hicups.

I don't think FD will impact Thanksgiving week all that much. Although it's a popular time at WDW, most have already made their Thanksgiving plans.

I too had a split stay and had no problems booking my entire 6 night stay at once.

I also agree with a PP that choosing resort restaurants is an easy option--especially on Turkey day. We ate at CP at MK one year and will never eat in a park on Thanksgiving again--just waaaaay too croweded!!

Hi everyone, We made our ADR's today for our TG week trip, I will admit, i didn't get online til 9am to start checking - but we weren't able to get Chef Mickeys at all during the week for dinner.. :( DH wanted that one.. So,i booked CP instead,never eaten there before.

We always do the HDDR for TG dinner - kind of a tradition, this will be my 7th TG there in a row - and at the HDDR all but once. :)

I also booked Tonys, Sci-Fi, and Rainforest Cafe, oh, and Ohana's for breakfast (LOVE that breakfast!) with no major problems..

I did notice that lots was already booked though, especially for dinner the sunday before TG - i couldn't get into CM, 1900, or Ohanas.. which is why we settled for Crystal Palace.. DH really wanted a buffet, which is why i chose that. Hope i made a good choice!

Well, tomorrow is the beginning of our 90 day window (Nov 22-25). I let the IPO know earlier this week what I wanted and she told me that things were pretty busy already. Told me that she would try her best to get our 'Ohana reservation for the evening of the 22. I just emailed them to use Cape May as a back up. I'm really concerned because DD has an opportunity to perform with her marching band starting Tgiving Day at WWof Sports. They would be at Coronado Springs beginning Tgiving through Sunday. If I go, I'll be ADRless because this group doesn't plan!

No free dining for Thanksgiving before...

I hope we do not have too much trouble getting what we want :headache:

Last year, Thanksgiving was on the 27th. If you checked into your resort by the 22nd (Sat. before T day), you got free dining for the entire length of your stay. Most staying Sat - Sat got the free dining and had a leg up making ADRS (180 + 10 at the time) from people checking in after.

I got there on the 25th..no free dining for me (cost to change air tickets for 11 was not worth it) I still got everything I wanted.

Well, tomorrow is the beginning of our 90 day window (Nov 22-25). I let the IPO know earlier this week what I wanted and she told me that things were pretty busy already. Told me that she would try her best to get our 'Ohana reservation for the evening of the 22. I just emailed them to use Cape May as a back up. I'm really concerned because DD has an opportunity to perform with her marching band starting Tgiving Day at WWof Sports. They would be at Coronado Springs beginning Tgiving through Sunday. If I go, I'll be ADRless because this group doesn't plan!

I made ADRs on Saturday morning at 6:00 am and could not get anything at Ohana for dinner between 5p and 8p on Nov 22, so definitely be thinking of a backup. Here's some pixie dust for you hoping they will release some additional slots or maybe the computer just was not loaded yet with all available times.

I made ADRs on Saturday morning at 6:00 am and could not get anything at Ohana for dinner between 5p and 8p on Nov 22, so definitely be thinking of a backup. Here's some pixie dust for you hoping they will release some additional slots or maybe the computer just was not loaded yet with all available times.

My ADR window opened today for our holiday trip. After reading thru this thread and then calling this morning, I have to believe that time slots are opening for whatever reason. I booked Ohana's for Sunday the 22nd @ 6:30. And although I didn't book it or want it, Chef Mickey's was available for Thanskgiving dinner.

I really want 1900 PF for our holiday meal and I am going to keep trying for that. We do not have free dining and I have to say that I am a little stunned that I could not get 1900PF, Boma or Captain's Grille for any time at all on TG day for dinner.

Let's hope some Pixie Dust gets sprinkled on this thread for all us wanting something in particular.........:wizard:

I just booked all my ADR's on the phone and I got everything I wanted. Every night. THe CM was so nice and she said that there is a lot of availablity everywhere. I even got 3 charactor meals for nov 22-28 and a Dinner package for Fantasmic on thanksgiving at Hollywood and Vine!! I was panicing that I wouldn't get anything and the online res was not helpful. Infact they just stressed me all the more. Call it is much easier!!!

Good luck!

My ADR window opened today for our holiday trip. After reading thru this thread and then calling this morning, I have to believe that time slots are opening for whatever reason. I booked Ohana's for Sunday the 22nd @ 6:30. And although I didn't book it or want it, Chef Mickey's was available for Thanskgiving dinner.

I really want 1900 PF for our holiday meal and I am going to keep trying for that. We do not have free dining and I have to say that I am a little stunned that I could not get 1900PF, Boma or Captain's Grille for any time at all on TG day for dinner.

Let's hope some Pixie Dust gets sprinkled on this thread for all us wanting something in particular.........:wizard:

What time was Chef Mickey's showing up for Thanksgiving dinner and for how many people? I tried this morning and only 8:30pm was available, too late for us

What time was Chef Mickey's showing up for Thanksgiving dinner and for how many people? I tried this morning and only 8:30pm was available, too late for us

I believe it was around 8pm. We were looking for a late dinner reservation for that day. I was just surprised that Chef Mickey's was avaiable and 1900 wasn't.

Interesting. Because I called yesterday afternoon to see what was available at Chef Mickey's and was told there weren't any openings on T-day. So they must be opening up a few of them here and there. Maybe every day?

Well, I have an email from the BC IPO that's a follow up to one I sent them adding an alternate. I received a reply saying they had booked my reservations and sent me an itinerary but I still haven't seen it, they have tried to send it again and nothing . So I don't know what dining I have booked right now :)

Interesting. Because I called yesterday afternoon to see what was available at Chef Mickey's and was told there weren't any openings on T-day. So they must be opening up a few of them here and there. Maybe every day?

I called about Chef Mickey's and there was a 3:05 pm ADR available. The earliest time availabe for dinner was 3:05. At first the CM said it wasn't opening up until 5:00, but I said I saw someone with a 3:30 time. She checked and was oh I guess they are opening up earlier. I asked for her to check from noon on, but the earliest time was 3:05.

I was hoping that they would open for lunch on Thanksgiving.

Just heard back from the BC IPO that Cape May is unavailable for the 24th but she had found us 'Ohana for dinner at 9:45 f I wanted it. That's way too late for us to dine. I may call myself.

We just book yesterday and had a very difficult time getting the places we wanted- still didn't get a few. That being said, we are a grand gathering of 11 people, so I know that didn't help. But, we had 11 several years ago and had no problem whatsoever. I did get the main places I wanted- CRT, CP, Rose and Crown, but the times are way off from what we wanted. But, at least we got them! I think the 90+10 is really affecting availablility. Go online and play around with some of the days that are available now for your party size, that will give you an idea. Today's 90 day mark is Nov. 22...

We are going to WDW arriving on T-Day 11/26 through 12/5. I am kindof worried about making my ADRs Friday morning. I've decided to be OK with whatever we get at either MK or Epcot for Thanksgiving Dinner, as long as we eat somewhere it's all good!!!

I felt alot better about it after I talked to my cousin who worked at WDW one summer during college. She said that they [WDW] would hold open a certain percentage of ADR spots for guests arriving so "first day-ers" would be able to get an ADR someplace to eat and all the ADR's wouldn't be booked up by "plus 10-ers". She said that if I didn't get an ADR that I wanted within my 10 day window, to wait until after the 10 day window to try to book it - for some reason that made a difference.

I'm so excited to go to WDW, I've decided not to get worked up over ADRs. We'll be at WDW!!! Who cares about all the rest!!!!

I called about Chef Mickey's and there was a 3:05 pm ADR available. The earliest time availabe for dinner was 3:05. At first the CM said it wasn't opening up until 5:00, but I said I saw someone with a 3:30 time. She checked and was oh I guess they are opening up earlier. I asked for her to check from noon on, but the earliest time was 3:05.

I was hoping that they would open for lunch on Thanksgiving.
We are staying at the Coronado the same time!! Hope your vacation is wonderful:)

My ADR window opens on Friday and I am concerned. Our arrival day is Thanksgiving day (we land @ 9:35am) and I would really like to do Chef Mickey but I don't think we could eat much later than 5:00 as we will have been awake since 4:00am:eek:. My plan was 5:00 dinner then back to the resort, showers and bed so my boys (DH included) would be ready for the next day!! As for the rest of the week, I'm not that concerned, whatever I get I get no biggie. I just don't want to get stuck with CS for thanksgiving dinner, that wouldn't be very special for our very first holiday vacation.
Laurie

oh and I have no back-up plan if I don't get Chef Mickey:scared1: Not looking too good for me

My ADR window opens on Friday and I am concerned. Our arrival day is Thanksgiving day (we land @ 9:35am) and I would really like to do Chef Mickey but I don't think we could eat much later than 5:00 as we will have been awake since 4:00am:eek:. My plan was 5:00 dinner then back to the resort, showers and bed so my boys (DH included) would be ready for the next day!! As for the rest of the week, I'm not that concerned, whatever I get I get no biggie. I just don't want to get stuck with CS for thanksgiving dinner, that wouldn't be very special for our very first holiday vacation.
Laurie

oh and I have no back-up plan if I don't get Chef Mickey:scared1: Not looking too good for me

I hope you get lucky and get Chef Mickey, but I would have a 2nd, 3rd and even 4th choice. Here are what the restaurants did last year. Disney dining can probably tell you about certain restaurants, but the new list isn't out yet.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/Thanksgiving.htm
Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter