"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

So how has I-95 been? I am especially interested in hearing about any construction areas in the D.C. and Virginia areas that may be a problem. We are leaving :car:
on July 13th somewhere between 2-3 am. We left around 3 am last year and just made it through Richmond before traffic picked up and made it through some of the other choke points in VA just in time. So we are really looking to leave around 2:30 am this year. We booked a room in Saint Augustine so we get a nice dinner and good night rest in before heading to one of the water parks the next morning. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:earsgirl::earsboy::earsboy:

So how has I-95 been? I am especially interested in hearing about any construction areas in the D.C. and Virginia areas that may be a problem. We are leaving :car:
on July 13th somewhere between 2-3 am. We left around 3 am last year and just made it through Richmond before traffic picked up and made it through some of the other choke points in VA just in time. So we are really looking to leave around 2:30 am this year. We booked a room in Saint Augustine so we get a nice dinner and good night rest in before heading to one of the water parks the next morning. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:earsgirl::earsboy::earsboy:

We're leaving on the 13th too around 3 a.m. but from CT and taking the inland route :cool1: We're also stopping in Locust Grove GA at Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary on the way so we're checking in to our hotel at Disney on the 15th. I can't wait!!!

Anyone have any opinions/input about Walterboro, SC as a stopover on the way back up to the northeast? Would like to stay at the resort until around 2 (weekday), will avoid I-4, don't want to drive more than 6 - 7 hours. Thanks in advance. Swore I would never drive to WDW again, but yes I am.

We stayed in the Econo Lodge in Walterboro. Decent and clean. No coffee pot in the room, though...

Just stopped by to ask the same question; I-95 reports. We head out on the 15th from MA.:drive:

Just stopped by to ask the same question; I-95 reports. We head out on the 15th from MA.:drive:

I am not sure what I – 95 looks like from your start point but I can tell you that I-95 is under heavy construction on the north side of Philly and the road is a mess. If you can get through there before rush hour you should be ok. There will be lane closures from time to time though. I have looked on google maps and it seems to be the same construction from Baltimore, D.C., Richmond and Emporia VA. Once we get past Emporia VA it looks all clear.

I am not sure what I – 95 looks like from your start point but I can tell you that I-95 is under heavy construction on the north side of Philly and the road is a mess. If you can get through there before rush hour you should be ok. There will be lane closures from time to time though. I have looked on google maps and it seems to be the same construction from Baltimore, D.C., Richmond and Emporia VA. Once we get past Emporia VA it looks all clear.

Thank you! Always helpful to be prepared. Leaving on a Friday is not the best, but hopefully we will be able to avoid the worst of the commuter traffic. :drive:

I really need to be more organized putting things away after a trip. Spent a while today looking for my water wallet for Blizzard Beach but finally found it! Also found the charger for our waterproof camera.

We leave in 6 days! :cool1:

I really need to be more organized putting things away after a trip. Spent a while today looking for my water wallet for Blizzard Beach but finally found it! Also found the charger for our waterproof camera.

We leave in 6 days! :cool1:

Some things I just leave in one of the bags I know we will be using the next time!

With the probability of at least a one-month reprieve, NJ is "safe" from its forthcoming gasoline tax spike. And prices at the pump have fallen just a bit: lots of local stations posted $1.99 or less. For now.

All the best! :thumbsup2

With the probability of at least a one-month reprieve, NJ is "safe" from its forthcoming gasoline tax spike. And prices at the pump have fallen just a bit: lots of local stations posted $1.99 or less. For now.

Thanks for the gas update. We are heading out from MA on Friday, so we will definitely fill up in NJ. $1.99 sounds much better then the $2.35 that we're currently paying.

Thanks for the gas update. We are heading out from MA on Friday, so we will definitely fill up in NJ. $1.99 sounds much better then the $2.35 that we're currently paying.

Remember: the closest gas stations to major highways and roads will carry a higher price. And certain communities in NJ far from major roads can be pricey.

Just a few days left and the excitement is building. I finally finish getting the car ready. I had to make a few major repairs but luckily it was work I could do myself. So now it's time to clean her up and get my bag packed. Everyone else has been packed for weeks and they have been pressuring me to get packed. Lol! I guess it is time we leave Wednesday @ 3am.

Remember: the closest gas stations to major highways and roads will carry a higher price. And certain communities in NJ far from major roads can be pricey.

Take Exit 1 from the NJ Turnpike. All gas is $1.89 now. Here's a map: https://turnpikeinfo.com/view-exit.php?state=new-jersey&road_name=new-jersey-turnpike&key=1

You can follow any sign to get to the bridge from there...as the turnpike and Rt. 295 all head there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter