"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Thanks. That's what I thought. That's actually perfect for us because we're starting our trip at Marriott World Center which is right on World Center Dr. I think I'll give that a try.

How much are the tolls from Sanford to 535?
We drove from Disney to Sanford airport and I think we started on World Drive. The tolls cost $8 total.

Drive #39 from WDW (via an overnight in Petersburg, VA) completed!

We departed Petersburg in the rain (after filling up at $2.83 a gallon). We drove past the rain band near Richmond. For the first time in our memory, we had no traffic of note, even through northern VA! Believe it or not! We arrived home at 3:19 p.m.

Next scheduled drive: January.

Note: The recently-refurbished POTC is a water-logged mess. Flooded boats, standing water, boats listing to one side, breakdowns. A separate thread addresses this on the "Theme Parks" forum

All the best!
Welcome home! I saw your thread on the Pirates mess. Makes me sad, as this is one of our absolute favorites (as I'm sure it is for many others as well). Hopefully they figure this out quickly, certainly before you return in January! (Sadly, we're still 670 days away from departing for our next drive to WDW. Surely they'll get the POTC situation figured out by then, right? One can always hope...)

Welcome home! I saw your thread on the Pirates mess. Makes me sad, as this is one of our absolute favorites (as I'm sure it is for many others as well). Hopefully they figure this out quickly, certainly before you return in January! (Sadly, we're still 670 days away from departing for our next drive to WDW. Surely they'll get the POTC situation figured out by then, right? One can always hope...)

Six hundred and seventy days to go until your next drive? :hourglass
Please readjust your plans to fewer days. However, POTC should be improved by then.

Our latest round trip totaled 2,190 miles. :teacher:

All the best! :thumbsup2

Lumberton? Another 17 miles and you could have dined in style: South of the Border! :crazy2: :rolleyes:
Well it was actually 22 miles. For 17 maybe we would have considered it. LOL.

Just stopped for the night at the Sleep Inn in Savannah, Exit 94. About 720 miles driven today. Not bad at all. Made great time.

Well it was actually 22 miles. For 17 maybe we would have considered it. LOL.

Just stopped for the night at the Sleep Inn in Savannah, Exit 94. About 720 miles driven today. Not bad at all. Made great time.

Enjoy your courtesy cup of OJ (or grapefruit juice) at the FL Welcome Center. Be watchful on I-95 after making the big curve turn under the overpass in Jacksonville: lot's of construction until you get to the Daily Billboard. After that, don't expect much heavy traffic until you reach Exit 260B which begins the "wonders" of I-4, destined to be a toll road once the construction is completed.

Six hundred and seventy days to go until your next drive? :hourglass
Please readjust your plans to fewer days. However, POTC should be improved by then.

Our latest round trip totaled 2,190 miles. :teacher:

We typically try to get to Orlando every two years. This extra year wait is going to kill me. But in my defense, we are planning a 4000+ mile round trip drive down historic Route 66 (or at least what's left of it) to Milwaukee Brewers spring training in Arizona, and other points west, next year. So at least I'll be able to scratch that road trip itch, even if we aren't heading south. :car:

Left Savannah about 8:10am and pulled into Marritt World Center about 12:30pm. Smooth sailing. No problems at all. Jacksonville had zero traffic. 417 was great though I wish they would adopt EZ Pass.

Left Savannah about 8:10am and pulled into Marritt World Center about 12:30pm. Smooth sailing. No problems at all. Jacksonville had zero traffic. 417 was great though I wish they would adopt EZ Pass.

Which tower did you get? :listen:

Nice!! Last year for Labor Day week, we were in the north tower. Worked out fine on a dead week. Have a blackberry lemonade at the pool bar for me! (if they have them still)

#1 I am impressed that some one keeps this info up to date
#2 I will be adding #16 this March

And when you do, please post so we can update your marathon "non-stop" drive.

Our next scheduled drive is in January; however, it will not be a "non-stop."

We leave at 5:00pm from St. Louis. My wife drives the first 4 hours. Stop for dinner @ 9:00pm just before Nashville. The kids and my wife sleep all night. I drove until the sun comes up, some place close to the Florida Georgia line. Then my wife drives to Ocala FL where we stop for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Take a long time to eat, and we are in Disney by 11:00am.

Then we just hang out by the pool all afternoon resting, and go to the park that night for fireworks.

Done it so many times it is like clockwork.

I personally have done the entire drive (1,028 miles or 16 hours) without letting anyone else drive 4 times. some times when you stop for gas and everyone is sleeping, you just let them sleep.

. After that, don't expect much heavy traffic until you reach Exit 260B which begins the "wonders" of I-4, destined to be a toll road once the construction is completed.

Ah, no. I4 is not destined to become a toll road. It is destined to have 2 "express" lanes created in each direction. These new lanes will be toll lanes. Just like I95 in Baltimore and Virginia and I495 on the DC Beltway. No one is forced to use those "express" lanes and won't be forced to use them on I4 either.

The current construction in the Daytona area is to expand the road from 2 to 3 lanes in each direction and ends at SR44.

Ah, no. I4 is not destined to become a toll road. It is destined to have 2 "express" lanes created in each direction. These new lanes will be toll lanes. Just like I95 in Baltimore and Virginia and I495 on the DC Beltway. No one is forced to use those "express" lanes and won't be forced to use them on I4 either.

The current construction in the Daytona area is to expand the road from 2 to 3 lanes in each direction and ends at SR44.

Thank you for the "encouraging" clarification regarding the future I-4 tolls! :worship:
We'll be checking out the progress in early January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter