"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be on the road in less than 12 hours! Can't believe vacation is finally here! Quick stop in MD to visit SIL's parents, then back on the road by 9pm. Shooting for arrival at FW by noon on Thursday but we'll see how that goes with a 3 year old in the car! And to think I just got back from FL 17 days ago! Wish us luck!

BC would like this.

Just paid $3.16 for gas at Hess just across from DTD.

Indeed! However, we would like it even better if we were arriving at WDW Hess. ;)

Local gas here down to $3.13, although as I mentioned during our return drive yesterday, one station posted a $2.99 price.

All the best. :thumbsup2

We are driving from Scranton PA. We have an EZPASS. I know it doesn't work in all the states. Can anyone give me an estimate on how much tolls may be? I see tolls on the map right around WDW as well. Just wondering how many rolls of quarters we should have. TIA!

bterrier518 said:
We are driving from Scranton PA. We have an EZPASS. I know it doesn't work in all the states. Can anyone give me an estimate on how much tolls may be? I see tolls on the map right around WDW as well. Just wondering how many rolls of quarters we should have. TIA!

No tolls from Scranton to Orlando

Depends on where in FL you are driving. If you enter the state on I-95 and then take I-4 over to WDW there aren't any tolls. However, some of the alternative routes to WDW will have a toll. None of the FL toll systems are compatible with your EZPass.

Best routes from Scranton would either be 81/66/15/17/95/4 or 81/77/26/95/4. I drive to Orlando from the Scranton area frequently and never once encountered any tolls.

Drivers on the go!

Yesterday, we received a phone call from good friends at Epcot's Camp Cool followed by a text message with a photo sent from the Innkeeper's Club at the Boardwalk from other friends a bit later. And all this is happening while other friends from the next town left yesterday for WDW at 12:30 p.m. And we noticed that sticker231 has departed, too!

That's a lot of folks we know, but we missed them all while we were there last week.

We've got to get back soon...despite the $15 in I-95 tolls on the return trip.

All the best. :thumbsup2

At Sears right now getting new tires for our drive later this month! Hope to get some better gas mileage this time down.

There are no tolls the normal routes from Scranton to WDW. The toll roads in Florida do not accept ezpass. The only tolls would be if you took an alternate route in Florida by going further south down 95 to Titusville, Florida and then headed west. Some do this to avoid Orlando. There are a few toll roads not far from WDW if you wander off property, but again, none accept ezpass.

Best routes from Scranton would either be 81/66/15/17/95/4 or 81/77/26/95/4. I drive to Orlando from the Scranton area frequently and never once encountered any tolls.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for qualifying the route that doesn't cost. I've seen folks post on this (or previous versions of this) thread things about taking 417 in FL, and on the Transportation Board in general about getting to I-95 near Phila. and heading South (using the turnpike and blue route, I guess). If one is choosing that way, unless things have changed, it would definitely cost some coin.

nono said:
:thumbsup2 Thanks for qualifying the route that doesn't cost. I've seen folks post on this (or previous versions of this) thread things about taking 417 in FL, and on the Transportation Board in general about getting to I-95 near Phila. and heading South (using the turnpike and blue route, I guess). If one is choosing that way, unless things have changed, it would definitely cost some coin.

Driving from scranton to Philly to pick up 95 would be a waste. I drive at least 2 times a year ( i currently live in dickson city) and we can make it straight thru in 15-16 hours and absolutely no tolls. I prefer the 81/77/26/95/4 route but have taken both routes multiple times

Driving from scranton to Philly to pick up 95 would be a waste. I drive at least 2 times a year ( i currently live in dickson city) and we can make it straight thru in 15-16 hours and absolutely no tolls. I prefer the 81/77/26/95/4 route but have taken both routes multiple times

I hope the original questioner takes note of your info. It sounded like the person wasn't a veteran, and may have been unfamiliar with the best option.

We made it down safely. Took about 15 hours. We hit rain fron Jacksonville through Orlando. It did clear up early in the afternoon.

Heck, it would add three hours to your trip just using the northeast extension. Lol. If it's not an accident during normal waking hours, it's construction closure during the night. When I took dw down to philly in September for her eye appointments the sure kill expressway had less issues then the patp. And that was at 4 am. Lol

SO EXCITED. We're now AAA members, and DBFs dad got us a TripTik? Is that what its called? Oh well I'm so excited now!

So we are ready for our first drive down to disney. We plan to leave at 7pm on Thursday. We will have four drivers so we should be good to make it in one shot. I have my stops planned and I just bought the new Graham Nash autobiography audiobook for the drive. I'm sleeping all day Thursday and the wife is working. She'll start the drive until she gets sleepy then I'll take over. Wish us luck

So we are ready for our first drive down to disney. We plan to leave at 7pm on Thursday. We will have four drivers so we should be good to make it in one shot. I have my stops planned and I just bought the new Graham Nash autobiography audiobook for the drive. I'm sleeping all day Thursday and the wife is working. She'll start the drive until she gets sleepy then I'll take over. Wish us luck

Good luck! Where are you starting from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter