"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Hess (regular) dropped another three cents to $3.25.

Yea!!! Gas prices are going down just in time for our trip.

Leaving in just over 30 hours. :drive: Wanna get on the road by about 4 AM Saturday morning; wanna check into a motel near Lake City, Florida about 4 PM Saturday afternoon.

Wanna be in the MK by noon Sunday. :cool1:

Yea!!! Gas prices are going down just in time for our trip.

Leaving in just over 30 hours. :drive: Wanna get on the road by about 4 AM Saturday morning; wanna check into a motel near Lake City, Florida about 4 PM Saturday afternoon.

Wanna be in the MK by noon Sunday. :cool1:

Alas, LadyBeBop, we will probably be crossing the FL border by the time you arrive at the MK. And we will be heading north. :(

All the best. :thumbsup2

Transportation for a.m.: a walk to EPCOT from the Boardwalk! :cool1:

Transportation for p.m.: bus to MK! :banana:

Our vehicle rests in the parking lot. :cool2:

Another drop in price at Disney Hess: It's now $3.21 a gallon for regular. When we arrived last Saturday it was $3.29.

DVCzerfs: Unsuccessful meet 'n' greet effort at Story Book Circus this afternoon. :(

FP+ is wonderful. Just walking on TSMM in the afternoon after all the FPs were gone made it all worthwhile. And for the time being, you can use regular FP to augment your FP+ experiences.

Our last full day is tomorrow.

How do you handle the drive back? We have been diving 11 yrs in a row from CT(30-40 mins from Warwick)we always leave early and stop for the night. This year we rode the auto train down in coach. It was nice waking up in FL but we didn't sleep much.

We are in the same boat wondering the same thing. On the way down we will leave CT after rush hour (around 9-10) and drive to MD for a rest at SIL's father's house. We are planning to leave there around 9pm to drive straight thru hoping the 3 year old will sleep most of the way. The way back is another story.... we have an 8:10 ADR at Ohana on the day we leave, have to be out of the resort by 11. If we leave then we wouldn't reach MD until around 2am! Do we hang around (DTD etc) and leave later? So confused! We do have 3 drivers. Any experience with this?

Another drop in price at Disney Hess: It's now $3.21 a gallon for regular. When we arrived last Saturday it was $3.29.

DVCzerfs: Unsuccessful meet 'n' greet effort at Story Book Circus this afternoon. :(

FP+ is wonderful. Just walking on TSMM in the afternoon after all the FPs were gone made it all worthwhile. And for the time being, you can use regular FP to augment your FP+ experiences.

Our last full day is tomorrow.

BC AND HIS WIFE FOUND MY FAVORITE CASTMEMBER!!!!!

I want to thank you and your wife bc for taking the time to check on my favorite cast member. she just got out of work and text me that she met you today.:thumbsup2

I want to thank you and your wife bc for taking the time to check on my favorite cast member. she just got out of work and text me that she met you today.:thumbsup2

Briana is personable, friendly and charming! She has a warm smile and is pleasant. And she is a professional (we saw her in action!). Disney has secured the services of a first rate CM!

Headin' back on the road for home tomorrow morning. :drive:

BC1836 said:
Briana is personable, friendly and charming! She has a warm smile and is pleasant. And she is a professional (we saw her in action!). Disney has secured the services of a first rate CM!

Yes she is!

thanks bc :thumbsup2

have a safe trip tomorrow!!

and wow, do you bare a striking resemblance to Richard Petty in that picture. :drive:

Yeah! I am so glad. We may have. Trying again next time!

Arrgh. It's about 6:30 a.m. Just checked our WDW bill on line. We'll complete our packing, depart from the Boardwalk, stop at Disney Hess and head out to I-4 north...and then onto I-95. Overnight goal: Emporia or Petersburg, VA. :drive:

Scrolling to this thread we saw another one titled "Driving Vs. Flying." Hello! :rotfl:

Arrgh. It's about 6:30 a.m. Just checked our WDW bill on line. We'll complete our packing, depart from the Boardwalk, stop at Disney Hess and head out to I-4 north...and then onto I-95. Overnight goal: Emporia or Petersburg, VA. :drive: Scrolling to this thread we saw another one titled "Driving Vs. Flying." Hello! :rotfl: All the best. :thumbsup2

Did you make it to VA yet? We are planning on stopping at the Emporia Hampton Inn on our drive home. Just want to make sure we aren't pushing it too much.

Did you make it to VA yet? We are planning on stopping at the Emporia Hampton Inn on our drive home. Just want to make sure we aren't pushing it too much.

We go about 1 hour more over to VA Beach area on our ride home...before quitting (like the Emporia Hampton Inn btw). What time are you thinking of leaving? Do you stop a lot?

We left the Boardwalk Inn at 8 a.m. and made it to the VA border at 6:36 p.m. (we made a few gas/bathroom stops + one FL fruit stand stop). Because of the lack of traffic on I-95 we made it to Petersburg (exit 45) rather than Emporia (exit 11).

Well we are here.

Took us about 12 1/2 hours to get from Northern KY to Lake City, Fl. That, with multiple food, gas and rest room breaks. 6 to be exact. Took us about 2 hours and 45 minutes to get from Lake City to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Didn't have to stop. Cheapest gas I found was about $3.07/gallon in Dalton, Ga. We picked Dalton specially because we had to use Krogers fuel points by the end of the month.

We left the Boardwalk Inn at 8 a.m. and made it to the VA border at 6:36 p.m. (we made a few gas/bathroom stops + one FL fruit stand stop). Because of the lack of traffic on I-95 we made it to Petersburg (exit 45) rather than Emporia (exit 11).

Yes, your timing looks good!!! We generally pull out of WDW around 6 a.m. just to get across I-4 with no issues and can count on VA Beach for dinner. :goodvibes For the ride home, about 12 hrs is our limit before breaking for the night.

Any tips for a first time roadtrip from Pennsylvania to AoA resort in December? TIA!

It depends on where in PA you are coming from. We are right outside Valley Forge Park and we leave around 3 am. We drive straight through and are at WDW around dinner. 1st stop is a wawa outside of Richmond. Then we hit up a rest stop in NC (usually Selma), stop around Florence for gas again. Then hit up the GA welcome center, the FL Welcome Center and try to find some gas in ST Augustine. I drive a 4runner so I get about 350 miles to a tank.

It depends on where in PA you are coming from. We are right outside Valley Forge Park and we leave around 3 am. We drive straight through and are at WDW around dinner. 1st stop is a wawa outside of Richmond. Then we hit up a rest stop in NC (usually Selma), stop around Florence for gas again. Then hit up the GA welcome center, the FL Welcome Center and try to find some gas in ST Augustine. I drive a 4runner so I get about 350 miles to a tank.

Thank you! We are leaving from the Scranton area. We will be traveling with a 6, 4, and 2 year olds. So we are hoping to leave after dinner and drive thru the night. Are there plenty of 24 hr gas stations along the way?

We are home from our final drive to Disney and back for the year. On the way home we stopped in TN for a few days to see our youngest daughter & son-in-law. Started catching up on emails and caught a terrific deal on a transatlantic cruise on Celebrity for late Nov. It was too good to pass up -under $70 a night for a concierge class cabin. So we booked it. That rules out any more Disney trips until after next year's tax season is over. Already I am having Disney withdrawal. It's going to be a long 5-6 months without the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter