• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next Saturday 3 a.m.!!!

ETA- I'm off for the summer- believe me I've been tempted to just get on the road!

:thumbsup2 ahhh, another 3am person!!! one year for some reason, we decided to leave on a sunday. sitting home saturday drove us both nuts.
i dont think i could wait a week at home. do you have the bags sitting by the door?

:thumbsup2 ahhh, another 3am person!!! one year for some reason, we decided to leave on a sunday. sitting home saturday drove us both nuts.
i dont think i could wait a week at home. do you have the bags sitting by the door?

We left at 3 last year based on your recommendation :) I actually haven't packed anything yet :scared1: There has been so much going on with end of the year stuff that I haven't had the chance! Now we have family visits and stuff this week so I better get going!

We left at 3 last year based on your recommendation :) I actually haven't packed anything yet :scared1: There has been so much going on with end of the year stuff that I haven't had the chance! Now we have family visits and stuff this week so I better get going!

Good luck with the 3 am thing! We tried 4 am the last two trips and both time had some sort of delay that got us in REALLY late, like close to midnight, so no more for us. We're back to an overnight trip, even the kids would rather do that after our last couple of experiences.

We'll leave around 9 am on Monday, get to DC by 11:30 - noon, stop by 11 pm, then up early and at WDW by 1-2 pm. Still a good day to go to parks, settle in, rather than being exhausted.

Good luck with the 3 am thing! We tried 4 am the last two trips and both time had some sort of delay that got us in REALLY late, like close to midnight, so no more for us. We're back to an overnight trip, even the kids would rather do that after our last couple of experiences.

We'll leave around 9 am on Monday, get to DC by 11:30 - noon, stop by 11 pm, then up early and at WDW by 1-2 pm. Still a good day to go to parks, settle in, rather than being exhausted.

We're coming from CT so we need to get through NY and NJ before the craziness starts. I love driving but HATE traffic. I have a standard shift and can drive forever as long as I'm not in stop and go traffic :) Last summer we said we were leaving at 3 and actually pulled out of the driveway at 3:30. Not bad.

I can't wait!!

up at 2:30am on tuesday morning. on the road by 3am.(3am is 3am. not 3:01 or 3:02. a.i.s. is 3am. you will be left behind) unpacked, showered,feet up at old key west by 8:30pm tuesday night.
up wednesday morning at 5:30am, walk, dressed and ready to go to breakfast at earl of sandwich by 8am.
you must drive slow. :rotfl:

when are we getting together?

We're coming from CT so we need to get through NY and NJ before the craziness starts. I love driving but HATE traffic. I have a standard shift and can drive forever as long as I'm not in stop and go traffic :) Last summer we said we were leaving at 3 and actually pulled out of the driveway at 3:30. Not bad.

I can't wait!!

lets hope that storm is out of your way!!! :sad2: i just happened to see that on the weather channel today. keep an eye on that thing.:thumbsup2

We are leaving at the stroke of midnight on 8/5. That will hopefully get us to Bryon GA from just north of Detroit by 6pm the latest.

Have to schedule some stops here and there, one being a nice breakfast around 7am.

I don't want a long day of driving the next day. I want to pull into Kissimmee no later than 2pm.

Please let the kids sleep all night driving, please let the kids sleep all night driving, please let the kids sleep all night driving.....:rolleyes:

lets hope that storm is out of your way!!! :sad2: i just happened to see that on the weather channel today. keep an eye on that thing.:thumbsup2

I'm hoping that storm is long gone by the time we leave! I don't want it to move up the coast so we have to drive through it to get there! We're having wicked thunderstorms here in CT today. Ended up with 2 kids and 2 rabbits in my bed this morning :) DH had already left for work.

Last year we came home to a hurricane (although later they said it was only a tropical depression when it hit us). Terrible damage and power out forever!

Time to pack!

dvczerfs said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sharadoc

up at 2:30am on tuesday morning. on the road by 3am.(3am is 3am. not 3:01 or 3:02. a.i.s. is 3am. you will be left behind) unpacked, showered,feet up at old key west by 8:30pm tuesday night.
up wednesday morning at 5:30am, walk, dressed and ready to go to breakfast at earl of sandwich by 8am.
you must drive slow.

when are we getting together?

yeah yeah yeah you and your schedule ;)

We should be ready in a couple of weeks to put the house up for sale, then we'll have some free time. Right now it's painting, fixing up the deck, painting, patching holes, painting - and did I mention, we have to paint??

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

yeah yeah yeah you and your schedule ;)

We should be ready in a couple of weeks to put the house up for sale, then we'll have some free time. Right now it's painting, fixing up the deck, painting, patching holes, painting - and did I mention, we have to paint??

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

:lmao:

sounds good. we are in the graduation party season. still have brianas friends from dance that grad. this year. :sad2: hopefully, this should be the last year for grad. parties every weekend.

Thanks!! Is that 16 including your short stops? Do you think with a 3:00 departure we will have trouble near DC? We are in the Tannersville area. I am wondering...would I be better off taking 80 (in my back yard) to 81 since it's not far from here? Or just head down 33 to 78 to 81?

We are about 5 miles north of the I 80- I 81 junction. Leave early enough, to miss the construction near Frackville. We crawled for about 10 miles leaving when dgs got out of school at 11:00am. Then again below Lorton, told ds to go the preferred route :confused3

Especially on a first trip eith your kids ages, I would stop for the night. I stopped at Best Western in n.c. 11 b, Emporia, but you should make it a lot further. I try to hit (S)Lumberton, the half way for me. That is two 10 hr days. With stops, eat a meal, stop for supper.

Tough on our gang to drive through. I think a year in the Fall, taking auto train back. Too much on my fibromyalgia, need a break from the road coming home, ds does all driving, but I feel beat up.
Admitting to being a true whimp, not a road warrior! :coffee:

Wow, is anyone hitting the TS system?

We are leaving at the stroke of midnight on 8/5. That will hopefully get us to Bryon GA from just north of Detroit by 6pm the latest.

Have to schedule some stops here and there, one being a nice breakfast around 7am.

I don't want a long day of driving the next day. I want to pull into Kissimmee no later than 2pm.

Please let the kids sleep all night driving, please let the kids sleep all night driving, please let the kids sleep all night driving.....:rolleyes:

Hope the kids sleep :)

4 days :cool1: Cleaned out the car, washed the insides of the windows and armoralled the dash/console. Just need to vacuum!

I’m planning on driving for the first time, starting Saturday morning. Chattanooga is almost exactly the half-way point, so I’m planning on spending the night there, making a two-day trip. However, I can’t seem to find anything reasonable ($70 for a Super 8 seems, well, excessive). I’ve encountered this on other road trip, stopping in Memphis – it appears that lodging establishments know they’ve got you trapped, and deals are hard to find. Is this the case in Chattanooga? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for lodging there?

I’m planning on driving for the first time, starting Saturday morning. Chattanooga is almost exactly the half-way point, so I’m planning on spending the night there, making a two-day trip. However, I can’t seem to find anything reasonable ($70 for a Super 8 seems, well, excessive). I’ve encountered this on other road trip, stopping in Memphis – it appears that lodging establishments know they’ve got you trapped, and deals are hard to find. Is this the case in Chattanooga? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for lodging there?

I don't know if it helps but I have noticed that TN hotels are always more expensive than GA hotels. If you could go a little further over the GA line you might find less expensive hotels. Also check the hotel coupon sites if you are willing to wait till that day to find a hotel. I have never had problems using them.

Hope the kids sleep :)

4 days :cool1: Cleaned out the car, washed the insides of the windows and armoralled the dash/console. Just need to vacuum!
hopefully things will get back to normal this weekend but keep your eye on the weather chanel. the storm is moving faster than before but theres still alot of rain in n. florida. some interstates around jacks. are closed. a good friend of mine (disfed on the boards) lives near the ga , fl. line and he said its getting ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter