For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no time for thumb twiddling. We get to the hotel around 10:00, go to sleep, up at 6:00 and back on the road by 7:00. We always stay at a hotel that includes breakfast.

Same here. We drive about 18 hrs from Mass. to Savannah, GA. We leave at 2 am from Mass. and get to Savannah about 8 or 9PM. Sleep. Up the next morning, breakfast at Denny's and have about 5 hrs. left. Seems to work for us.

One of the great joys of the first half of our 2,000+ mile round-trip drive is the warming of the temperatures, especially in our March drives. The post-midnight morning temperatures are usually in the low 30s here at the Jersey Shore, but once the sun comes up by the time we reach the Carolinas everything changes. Soon to follow: a cup of complimentary OJ at the FL welcome center. Then it's about three hours to Lake Buena Vista. Ahh. :cool2:

All the best. :thumbsup2

What is your favorite (and least favorite) WDW parking lot (hotel as well as park)?

Guess I can contribute to this thread again. About to make the round trip from Missouri again in 60 days! :cool1:

Finally getting warm down here. Made it up to 73 today. Starting to feel like Florida & we leave in the morning for the drive home. Not looking forward to the cold again at home.

What is your favorite (and least favorite) WDW parking lot (hotel as well as park)?

I have fav parking lots in AK, it is not busy, easy to park, rural feeling. Epcot is easier to drive and park then fighting the Monorail. When going to MK though I always take the Disney transportation, that lot is crazy to park in.
On the other hand dislike getting to the values from Disney Studios, the walk to the bus is a killer for the back after all the walking. I am not sure that we ever drove there?

I love the parking lot at Value Music. No matter where our room, the parking is nearby. The parking lot at POR is not bad for where our room was, but dang the estate is tooooo large to get around. I could not walk more then the laundry, and it rained so much the week were there in 2008 that the pool went over the sides.

Oh to add too, I dislike taking the hotel buses to DTD! they are so crowded to get back home it is unreal. People pushing, jumping the line. I had to wait for a 3rd bus although we were first there, just because I was sitting and needed to walk to the line.
:surfweb:

Can I start my countdown...less than 3 months and we'll finally be making the drive. We're leaving from central coastal NJ(not to be confused with being near the turnpike) and driving the 78-81-77-26-95 route. It will be my father, myself and my 2 13 year olds. We'll be driving over 2 days, getting to orlando a day earlier than check in. My DF just informed me that we will be taking an hour for breakfast each day(he's an extremely slow eater). For lunch's we'll pack a lunch and stop at one of the welcome centers/rest stops. Dinner will be be when we stop for the night.

Finally getting warm down here. Made it up to 73 today. Starting to feel like Florida & we leave in the morning for the drive home. Not looking forward to the cold again at home.

Well, it was 50 degrees here yesterday and in the 40's all night, so it won't be too cold for you. Love this January weather so far!

Left WDW at 11 am. Got to Kingsland , GA at 3 and got gas (3.339). Also picked up some pecans, oranges & grapefruit. I drove the first 3 hours & DU is driving now.

Hardeeville, SC 5 pm gas stop, $3.28.9. Going to stop for dinner soon. Ate snacks in the car so far.

I have fav parking lots in AK, it is not busy, easy to park, rural feeling. Epcot is easier to drive and park then fighting the Monorail. When going to MK though I always take the Disney transportation, that lot is crazy to park in.
On the other hand dislike getting to the values from Disney Studios, the walk to the bus is a killer for the back after all the walking. I am not sure that we ever drove there?

I love the parking lot at Value Music. No matter where our room, the parking is nearby. The parking lot at POR is not bad for where our room was, but dang the estate is tooooo large to get around. I could not walk more then the laundry, and it rained so much the week were there in 2008 that the pool went over the sides.

Oh to add too, I dislike taking the hotel buses to DTD! they are so crowded to get back home it is unreal. People pushing, jumping the line. I had to wait for a 3rd bus although we were first there, just because I was sitting and needed to walk to the line.
:surfweb:

HI DIANE!!! :wave:

Stopped at 5:30 in Walterboro and got a buffet dinner at Shoney's. I took over the driving till 9. We just stopped for gas in Four Oaks, NC. $3.439.

Left WDW at 11 am. Got to Kingsland , GA at 3 and got gas (3.339). Also picked up some pecans, oranges & grapefruit. I drove the first 3 hours & DU is driving now.

Aww, the sad report of the drive home! Who is DU? That's my alma mater, Drexel University LOL.

Least favorite - park, MK; hotel, Boardwalk (but we always valet)
Most Favorite - park, Epcot. Easy to drive and follow the lanes; hotel (tie) Fort Wilderness cabins and OKW

2 weeks from today, we'll be asleep in our room preparing for our first full day at WDW!!:)

Got great news for our drive to Disney in Feb. We just got upgraded from POFQ to Yacht Club. Our daughter and grandkids were booked at POR Royal Room for the Princess half marathon. We had booked FQ because it is smaller and easier for hubby to get around with heel spurs - but we would be close enough to take the kids on race day morning. Well, she received a call telling her that they weren't able to give her a Royal Room and that they were upgrading her to Yacht Club. She told them about our reservation at FQ and that we had booked there to help with kids on race day and Disney magic was spread to us - they upgraded us to Yacht Club as well. So now I am getting very excited about our trip - I always wanted to stay there, but since we go so often to Disney, we usually stay at POP as we can stay a little longer for the same price as a moderate or a lot longer than the price of a Deluxe.
I hope gas prices move downward in the next month, but I am not too hopeful - one of the news programs suggested that gas prices may reach $5 a gallon by summer. Can't believe that they went up over 20 cents a gallon in a two week span. Oh well, even if gas prices go up, airfares will also go up so driving will still be cheaper.

Aww, the sad report of the drive home! Who is DU? That's my alma mater, Drexel University LOL.

DU is apparently what my SMART phone spell corrected to. Meant DH. Stopped in Northern NC at 11 pm for a rest. Just woke up at 5:30 am & back on the road again. LOL. Didn't realize how tired we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter