For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let your less-than-one-month countdown begin! Can sharadoc be far behind?

All the best. :thumbsup2

i leave in 26 days 23 hours but whos counting!!!:lmao:

My ears are burning!!! :goodvibes

I leave in 23 days and 8 hours!!! I will certainly NOT be far behind!!!! :rotfl:

I'm sitting here DISsing, while my DD and her friends are having a High School Musical party in the basement! Anything to get my mind off the gaggle of girly giggles!!!

My ears are burning!!! :goodvibes

I leave in 23 days and 8 hours!!! I will certainly NOT be far behind!!!! :rotfl:

I'm sitting here DISsing, while my DD and her friends are having a High School Musical party in the basement! Anything to get my mind off the gaggle of girly giggles!!!

DH & I will be leaving on Friday, May 29th. Can't wait. Less than a week now!:cool1:

With all you good folks soon departing for WDW, we guess that we will just have to follow you. We don't want to get left behind. ;)

We just got back today. It was our first trip and I know we'll be returning for sure :) The drive went well. 2758 miles (that includes driving around the property as well during the week)... the drive was not as bad as we thought it would be. Disney does not disappoint. It was amazing. Thanks to everyone on here for the tips & help :)

With all you good folks soon departing for WDW, we guess that we will just have to follow you. We don't want to get left behind. ;)

Sounds good to me. We can all meet up at various points.

Have I mentioned we're leaving on the 27th? (at least I have mentioned it in the last five minutes:lmao:)

So much packing left to do. We have to go about 90 miles away tomorrow for an Irish Dance thing for DD. When we get back from that I'll do more packing. I have about 80 white socks in the washer right now. I'll try to pair them up but usually we just put all the socks in one big bag and just pick some out. Which reminds me I need to find the folding hamper.

Since we have to leave at 6:30am and I need to be up by 5:30am I should get to bed. I'm going to try to post from the new phone tomorrow because I'd like to be able to post from the road when we head down on Friday. I just can't seem to get logged in but tomorrow I'll have time to fiddle around with it.

For all those traveling north or south on I75, the Georgia State Patrol is putting out a LOT of speed traps. How do I know? Let's just say I received a driving award in Catoosa County, just south of Chattanooga. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the warning, while I try to speed when I am away from home, anxiety can get the best of me.

Okay, coming back from Syracuse now and I tbink I've finallt got this phone figured out. I'm hkping to post while on the road on Friday.(I'm the pasenger)

Okay I am now back home and on my PC. We went about 90 miles one way for a dance thing for DD. So I was testing out the new Smart Phone, it's DPs. So at least now I can get onto the DIS using it, I just have to work on my typing skills. Of course we'll have the laptop so I can post at night while en route. 5 more days!!! Must go take a nap now as I've been up since 5:00 and then I'll get back at it.

For all those traveling north or south on I75, the Georgia State Patrol is putting out a LOT of speed traps. How do I know? Let's just say I received a driving award in Catoosa County, just south of Chattanooga. :rolleyes1

Thank you so much for this. We are leaving for our trip to Disney from IL on Tuesday and will be going down I-75 in Georgia. I always find myself speeding in GA because I am just keeping up with everyone on the highway. :thumbsup2

Okay, coming back from Syracuse now and I tbink I've finallt got this phone figured out. I'm hkping to post while on the road on Friday.(I'm the pasenger)

Okay I am now back home and on my PC. We went about 90 miles one way for a dance thing for DD. So I was testing out the new Smart Phone, it's DPs. So at least now I can get onto the DIS using it, I just have to work on my typing skills. Of course we'll have the laptop so I can post at night while en route. 5 more days!!! Must go take a nap now as I've been up since 5:00 and then I'll get back at it.

Woot for on the road posting!!!

Ok so it seems speed traps are in full swing already!!

Soooo........ what should we set our cruise control at? 5 over? 10?

Washed and waxed the car today in preperation of Friday's big drive. And I will wash it right before we leave.

I can't stand to drive a road trip in a dirty car.

1st thing I do when we get there too, is to go find a car wash. I am a car guy, it's borderline OCD.

Washed and waxed the car today in preperation of Friday's big drive. And I will wash it right before we leave.

I can't stand to drive a road trip in a dirty car.

1st thing I do when we get there too, is to go find a car wash. I am a car guy, it's borderline OCD.

Totally understand. I completely vacuum every inch of our car and wash inside and out. And after 24 hours on the road the car deserves a good wash upon arrival. And I am not a car type of person, this is just good common sense:thumbsup2

duffle bags!!! duffle bags "schmush" together and take up alot less room than a hard suit case. we are dvc members so we have a full size washer and dryer in our room but what we do when we stay at the contemp. in the tower is only pack for half your vacation. half way through,just do xthe laundry and your good for the second half. :thumbsup2

I am actually a DVC member as well. So that DEFINATELY works in our favor. We have a couple of duffle bags, so I will have to pull them out in lieu of our "flying luggage"

We are still working on getting the love bugs off the front of the car from our trip to Disney earlier this month in preparation for our tirip in a few weeks. Got enough off the front license plate so that you can at least read it but instead of white background, it is black spotted. Hopefull there won't be any lovebugs on the next trip (or at least a whole lot less).
Upon arriving at Disney on our last trip, I made hubby take the car to a car wash. We have a convertible and I wouldn't let him put the top down until we got the squished lovebugs off the edge of the roof. Also had to get rid of the smell - never realized that the squished bugs smell so bad.

To all that are leaving soon I'm jealous just told dh I need to go back down maybe over Thanksgiving next year although don't know if I can wait that long:sad2:

we drove yesterday from ne wisconsin and made it to chattanooga, tn. we'll be leaving here shortly to get to wdw for our first time ever. the drive has been very smooth. very little construction & not too much traffic. i think the worst city we went through was louisville. the weather has been beautiful as well. :goodvibes

:surfweb:have a great trip, our first trip trip:thumbsup2 led to a second:banana: a third:cool1: and finally a DVC membership, brand new this year:love: so we will be making many more trips to come:banana:

Anyone that just drove down/came back on 24 through TN was there lots of construction? AAA shows construction all the way through TN on 24? We are leaving tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter