For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have some sense of everything being put away and wash done let me say a big thanks to everyone on this board for all the help. We started out around 5:30 am on a Tuesday morning and arrived in Disney around 2 pm the next day with a stop over in Santee SC. The drive down was a breeze DH could not believe there was no traffic anywhere, we encountered some traffic on the way back but it was a Friday/Saturday drive so that was to be expected. We did not hit any construction both ways. Thanks to the tip here about the speed trap in SC we well aware of watching out for it they were not set up on the way down but were in their RV on the way back..
I was not to sure how I was gonna like the drive cause I'm the lets there the fastest quickest when possible type of person and I must admit it was not bad at all. DGD was really good with the drive down and back although I think I know where every potty stop is from here to Fl and back:rotfl2:

We did use the car to go to the parks/other resorts except MK we took the bus and we really lucked out on them also as we never waited more than 2 minutes for one to show up.

Would I drive down again well lets say I would not be hesitated to drive again:thumbsup2

Pam

Glad it went well and I need to make sure I point out to DP about the speed traps in SC. Are you talking about the ones on 95? And I heard about the ones where they have cameras set and something about blue signs alerting driver to the camera, is this something else? We're driving down over Memorial Day weekend so I'm thinking the State Troopers everywhere will be out in force.

We generally don't use the buses at Disney even to MK. We joke that as soon as the buses sense us coming they shut down. It's us. My in-laws have gone with us and buses appear out of nowhere for them. We get with in 100 yards of a bus stop and it's like the buses get swallowed into the earth:lmao:

We are back and I have to say it wasn't a bad drive at all. Will post more as soon as I get the wash done and everything put away. It sure was hot down there and my DGD really enjoyed herself:love:

Welcome back. Did you book another trip before you left? :rotfl:

Now that we are done to double digits, does anyone else think its too early to co-ordinate clothing??LOL

We are driving down and spending a night on the coast to swim in that gorgeous ocean.

Glad it went well and I need to make sure I point out to DP about the speed traps in SC. Are you talking about the ones on 95? And I heard about the ones where they have cameras set and something about blue signs alerting driver to the camera, is this something else? We're driving down over Memorial Day weekend so I'm thinking the State Troopers everywhere will be out in force.

We generally don't use the buses at Disney even to MK. We joke that as soon as the buses sense us coming they shut down. It's us. My in-laws have gone with us and buses appear out of nowhere for them. We get with in 100 yards of a bus stop and it's like the buses get swallowed into the earth:lmao:

Yes the speed trap on 95 in Ridgland Sc. We saw the rv set up under the underpass and knew what was coming.

Well we broke down and bought a garmin gps tonight. I think since it is our first road trip and for such a long car ride we thought it was best. especially if the other person is asleep to make sure we dont get off track. We shall see. I am so excited...Disney is all that I can talk about!!!:lovestruc

Well we broke down and bought a garmin gps tonight. I think since it is our first road trip and for such a long car ride we thought it was best. especially if the other person is asleep to make sure we dont get off track. We shall see. I am so excited...Disney is all that I can talk about!!!:lovestruc

Don't scare me like that. I read "well we broke down....." and then I saw the bought a GPS and that you hadn't left yet.

We don't have a GPS, we just tell the car we're going to Disney and off it goes:goodvibes

we have a garmin on the dash. i use it for the speedometer and when the next rest stop is coming up. i alway tak my atlas with me also. gps is ok but if you really need to find an alt. rte, an atlas is good to have. let me know when the "im to excited to sleep" stage sets in.:lmao: that starts about a week out for me.:lmao:

Yes the speed trap on 95 in Ridgland Sc. We saw the rv set up under the underpass and knew what was coming.

Is someone checking your speed from the RV? SC is in my shift and I want to be informed, you know just in case I speed sometimes :rolleyes1

We are back and I have to say it wasn't a bad drive at all. Will post more as soon as I get the wash done and everything put away. It sure was hot down there and my DGD really enjoyed herself:love:

Where did you drive from? Glad that it all went well. We are making the drive in August from Pennsylvania. (near Pittsburgh)

Don't scare me like that. I read "well we broke down....." and then I saw the bought a GPS and that you hadn't left yet.

We don't have a GPS, we just tell the car we're going to Disney and off it goes:goodvibes

we have a garmin on the dash. i use it for the speedometer and when the next rest stop is coming up. i alway tak my atlas with me also. gps is ok but if you really need to find an alt. rte, an atlas is good to have. let me know when the "im to excited to sleep" stage sets in.:lmao: that starts about a week out for me.:lmao:

Sorry didnt mean to scare you. We are still home and fine. Our car is a year old and going to the dealer tomorrow to make sure it is in tip-top shape.

Since this is our first trip we just want to make sure we have everything covered. I also printed out map quest,maps on us and trip-tik so with all of that and the garmin I think we will be ok.

But I am getting nervous about the flooding as we have to go thru that area to get to disney. So I will be watching the news like a crazy person.popcorn::

What?? where at in the Lehigh Valley? In Macungie it's $3.89:scared1:

thats what its trading for on the market. in our neck of the woods if you take what its trading for and add 60-65 cents to it, thats what it will be at the pump. it may take a few weeks to come back down, but its heading in a good direction.:thumbsup2

thats what its trading for on the market. in our neck of the woods if you take what its trading for and add 60-65 cents to it, thats what it will be at the pump. it may take a few weeks to come back down, but its heading in a good direction.:thumbsup2

oh darn...and I was getting all excited:rotfl:

Did I mention that we are leaving in 11 days :cool1: (10 according to my DP since she doesn't count the day we leave :rolleyes:)

Trying a test post from my iPhone. I wonder what font/size it will use.

I just filled up outside of Cook Country ( Chicagoland) and it was $4.25 a gallon. It's still $4.45 out by me, bit that is 10 cents lower than last week

We're sitting in a Texas airport due to a three-hour delay (as of now) waiting for a flight back to stormy NJ.

[This is why we drive to WDW.]

All the best. :thumbsup2

Is someone checking your speed from the RV? SC is in my shift and I want to be informed, you know just in case I speed sometimes :rolleyes1

Yes you will see signs saying something like camera (photo) enforced speed limit that is when we obeyed the speed limit look for them right before Ridgeland SC and do the speed limit the Rv was under the underpass with the camera's out taking pictures along with it there is a sign on the rv saying this right before we saw that we saw a blue car pulled along side the road with all the windows blacked out don't know if that was the car with the radar gun to informed the rv to take the pictures of your face along with licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter