• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

Hey, thanks for reading!!

I CAN'T wait to be officially booked! Then, I won't be able to wait until we can try to switch our ressie. Though I am already thinking I really will be happy where ever we stay (the same thing happened on our last trip)

I don't like the sound of chainsaw army... the more I think about HHN, the more I realize I don't belong there. Maybe I'll send the other three to Universal, and I will stay safe from chainsaws at Disney :laughing:

Off to join your PTR... it's fun to have other trips to plan along with!

As long as your in Disney, that's all that matters :)

All I'm saying is, if you go & you see the chainsaw army, fade into the background. Push the other people of your party toward the front of the crowd. Watch what happens. :laughing:

Your dining list looks good! I love HDDR. I was pulled up on stage there & got to can can dance in front of all those people. :rotfl: I also looove Beaches & Cream, yum!

I have an idea of what parks I want to go to based on this year's October hours. Does that make me crazy? :rolleyes1

I'm going to give you a big :thumbsup2 for HDDR, Sanaa and Mama Melrose's. We love all 3!

The Plaza and Flying Fish are actually both on my list for our April trip too--already booked dinner ADRs there. Not sure why, but they just spoke to me and I want to try 'em.

I think the Plaza keeps staying on my list cause I really like sandwiches. And milkshakes. Now I just have to actually get there this time!

I love all your choices! Many of those I have not been to...in fact, most. Sadly, of your list, I only have one that I have never been to that I will be trying this time. (Sanaa) I am glad you mentioned going only if you were at AK since that is how we are planning it. Otherwise, I can see how it would be very tough to get to.

Of my "have dones" are Mama Melrose (yum and they changed the menu recently) Tepanedo (sp?:confused:) and Raglan Road (agreed, bread pudding is amazing!)

Sanaa is so good!!! And it has a great view!

We've walked by Mama Melrose's so many times, I am excited to finally try it!

As long as your in Disney, that's all that matters :)

All I'm saying is, if you go & you see the chainsaw army, fade into the background. Push the other people of your party toward the front of the crowd. Watch what happens. :laughing:

Your dining list looks good! I love HDDR. I was pulled up on stage there & got to can can dance in front of all those people. :rotfl: I also looove Beaches & Cream, yum!

I have an idea of what parks I want to go to based on this year's October hours. Does that make me crazy? :rolleyes1

Haha, I read your TR and the chainsaw army sounds scary! But also fun to watch (it happen to other people)

Nope, not crazy. I just don't want to start and then not have the fun of a completely blank itinerary to fill in (my favorite part of planning), cause then it will be over. So clearly, I'm the crazy one.

18 days till we can book our trip!

This isn't trip related, but I spent a good portion of my morning (I have the day off) putting sleeves (sorta) on a dress. You wouldn't know this, but that is the last thing I would ever think I'd be doing. I do not sew, I am not crafty. But the sacrifices I will make for a Halloween costume...
Ben actually helped with the hardest part of the dress alteration, cause he's actually pretty talented in the areas of Home Ec (he may have even won an award... I am sure he'll tell you about it)

So now you might be wondering... what is this costume? Here's a hint:

edited.jpg

Any guesses?

The actual costume has come a long way, but we needed that picture for Ben's costume. Of course I'll post pictures after Halloween of the entire ensemble.

18 days till we can book our trip!

This isn't trip related, but I spent a good portion of my morning (I have the day off) putting sleeves (sorta) on a dress. You wouldn't know this, but that is the last thing I would ever think I'd be doing. I do not sew, I am not crafty. But the sacrifices I will make for a Halloween costume...
Ben actually helped with the hardest part of the dress alteration, cause he's actually pretty talented in the areas of Home Ec (he may have even won an award... I am sure he'll tell you about it)

So now you might be wondering... what is this costume? Here's a hint:

edited.jpg

Any guesses?

The actual costume has come a long way, but we needed that picture for Ben's costume. Of course I'll post pictures after Halloween of the entire ensemble.

hmm... a princess of some kind??? I can't wait to seed the entire ensemble. :goodvibes

Haha, I can't wait to find out what your costume is. Looking at the picture, I feel like I SHOULD know!
I may or may not remember you mentioning a certain award of Ben's on a past TR/PTR ;)

hmm... a princess of some kind??? I can't wait to seed the entire ensemble. :goodvibes

Not quite a princess... I can't wait to share pictures!

Haha, I can't wait to find out what your costume is. Looking at the picture, I feel like I SHOULD know!
I may or may not remember you mentioning a certain award of Ben's on a past TR/PTR ;)

Ben mentions that award all. the. time. But he does have mad skillz!

Another hint for my costume: I bought a couple of the items in the girls clothing department (including some socks... which are actually pretty big. Do little girls really have such big feet?)

Stay tuned!

In exciting news, the friends we are traveling with had their offer accepted on a house in the neighboring town to us! They currently live about an hour away, so it will be very nice to have them nearby again :goodvibes

So I promised picture of my costume... here ya go!

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

And because they are so cool, here our friends of ours as zombies (Nicole is an amazing make-up artist and did both her and her husbands stuff here)

IMG_6207.jpg

Cannot belive it's taken me this long to figure out you've started your PTR! :sad2: YAY! You're down to less than a year! We are trying to plan a trip for next October as well... no ticker yet as we haven't completely committed, but that's the plan. If it works out, we can start wishing the year away together! :rotfl:

So there you have it- I was a child pageant contestant (Toddlers and Tiaras is a train wreck of a show, but I just can't look away!)

Ben was my pageant dad, and helped coach me to win "The Cutest" award at the party we went to :laughing:

I love the costumes!!! Awesome make up job your friends have going on!!

Thanks!

Wow, they're make up skills are amazing! Great costumes!

Yeah, Nicole is very talented!!

Cannot belive it's taken me this long to figure out you've started your PTR! :sad2: YAY! You're down to less than a year! We are trying to plan a trip for next October as well... no ticker yet as we haven't completely committed, but that's the plan. If it works out, we can start wishing the year away together! :rotfl:

Yay, glad you found me!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll have an October trip to plan!

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too am guilty of watching the train wreck that is Toddlers and Tiaras! :rotfl: Your costume was brilliant! And Ben as your pageant dad - priceless!!!!!!!!!! Excellent job you guys!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Where is your pixie stix to keep your energy up, but you have to pour it down the back of your throat?

I love the spray tan and your "special" drink. Seriously who thought giving a kid a red bull was a good idea?

Toddlers & Tiaras is just one of those shows I can't help but watch and wonder what possesses some of these parents.

Was Eden Wood there? Cause she's real famous. :lmao:

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too am guilty of watching the train wreck that is Toddlers and Tiaras! :rotfl: Your costume was brilliant! And Ben as your pageant dad - priceless!!!!!!!!!! Excellent job you guys!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Haha! You are one of about two people who got my costume without me telling them.
:laughing:

Where is your pixie stix to keep your energy up, but you have to pour it down the back of your throat?

I love the spray tan and your "special" drink. Seriously who thought giving a kid a red bull was a good idea?

Toddlers & Tiaras is just one of those shows I can't help but watch and wonder what possesses some of these parents.

Was Eden Wood there? Cause she's real famous. :lmao:

Betsy, funny you should ask about the pixie stix! I meant to get some, but never got around to it. Luckily, my 'pageant juice' was quite helpful in keeping my bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

Haha, no Eden Wood... I woulda beaten her, anyway :laughing:

Haha, love the Halloween costume! I've never actually watched that show, those kids annoy me wayyy too much, but it's a cute idea for a costume! :banana:

Haha, love the Halloween costume! I've never actually watched that show, those kids annoy me wayyy too much, but it's a cute idea for a costume! :banana:

I am one of those people that is fascinated by the weird stuff people do. I also find those kids obnoxious, but bizarre and therefore captivating!

Happy Halloween!!!!

This was a weird Halloween... we hardly had any trick or treaters until almost 8pm. They were all older kids who took too much candy. Even when I told the last group we were almost out, they just dove at me to get the last ones. Not fun. every other year, we've had lots of super cute little ones. Maybe it was too cold, what with the snow and all :confused3

All-in-all, though, this was a good day- I got some interesting news from a friend which could be a sure-fire way of making the time till my trip go faster... details will follow if/when I get them. Fingers crossed!

Happy Halloween!!!!

This was a weird Halloween... we hardly had any trick or treaters until almost 8pm. They were all older kids who took too much candy. Even when I told the last group we were almost out, they just dove at me to get the last ones. Not fun. every other year, we've had lots of super cute little ones. Maybe it was too cold, what with the snow and all :confused3

All-in-all, though, this was a good day- I got some interesting news from a friend which could be a sure-fire way of making the time till my trip go faster... details will follow if/when I get them. Fingers crossed!

It was odd here too. Normally we get at least 200 kids... and this year I would say maybe 100. And it was a slow stream...not like usual where my door it almost open continuously from 6p to 8pm. I wonder if it was that it was a monday?? The weather here actually wasn't too bad...so:confused:
But, just like you...lots of older kids and few younger ones....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter