Food & Wine & Friends, or 'Wishing a Year Away'. October 2012 PTR *NEW 11/18 TR link!

Subbing. love planning trips, currently driving myself crazy planning for 3 days in Dec and an entire week in April

Welcome and thanks for reading! Having multiple upcoming trips planned is the BEST!

I like your wish list. I don't think anything sounds too crazy. And...since it will be four adults I think much more manageable :thumbsup2

I wanna do it all! But I also want time to relax. So much pressure planning for 4 people!

I'm liking that list too! I've always thought the haunted carriage ride sounded like fun. And if you go that means we get to see pics and find out just how good it is!

I'm aiming for a TR full of new and exciting experiences :laughing:

You sneaky little one, starting a PTR without really advertising for it. Well, I found it and I'm here. :) Good luck on getting the boardwalk. I forgot, is Kidani your home DVC?

The wish list is very cool, hope you get to do lots of those.

Now off to read your DH's TR. How amazing that he would write one? Listen to that, Ron? Yeah, didn't think so. :rotfl:

You sneaky little one, starting a PTR without really advertising for it. Well, I found it and I'm here. :) Good luck on getting the boardwalk. I forgot, is Kidani your home DVC?

The wish list is very cool, hope you get to do lots of those.

Now off to read your DH's TR. How amazing that he would write one? Listen to that, Ron? Yeah, didn't think so. :rotfl:

Haha, I wasn't trying to hide it :rolleyes1 Glad you're here!
Home resort for us is Bay Lake Towers, we still haven't stayed there. That's why I'm not gonna be too sad if we don't get the Boardwalk (though I really hope we do!)

Haha, I wasn't trying to hide it :rolleyes1 Glad you're here!
Home resort for us is Bay Lake Towers, we still haven't stayed there. That's why I'm not gonna be too sad if we don't get the Boardwalk (though I really hope we do!)

Oh, wow! Bay Lake would be Ron's dream DVC if we were ever to purchase it.

Oh, wow! Bay Lake would be Ron's dream DVC if we were ever to purchase it.

Oooh, I just noticed your baby ticker changed from a snow pea to a blueberry! Congrats! :laughing:

BLT is a pretty sweet place! But it's a lot of points per night when compared to some other DVC resorts, which is why we haven't stayed there yet!

How is it possible to be thinking so much about a trip so far away??? Even though I can't plan anything concretely, I can't stop reading menus and thinking about what rides are must-dos or skippable. This is gonna be a loooong year!

Today marks exactly one year from when we'll be back from our trip. So that's something, right?

In other news, we bought airfare yesterday for a trip we are taking in February. To Puerto Rico! :woohoo: We're going with Ben's cousin and his girlfriend (cousin's girlfriend, not Ben's :rotfl: ), along with some of their friends. So that oughta help pass some time! I may shimmy some of the details for that trip into this PTR, if you don't mind...

How is it possible to be thinking so much about a trip so far away??? Even though I can't plan anything concretely, I can't stop reading menus and thinking about what rides are must-dos or skippable. This is gonna be a loooong year!

Today marks exactly one year from when we'll be back from our trip. So that's something, right?

In other news, we bought airfare yesterday for a trip we are taking in February. To Puerto Rico! :woohoo: We're going with Ben's cousin and his girlfriend (cousin's girlfriend, not Ben's :rotfl: ), along with some of their friends. So that oughta help pass some time! I may shimmy some of the details for that trip into this PTR, if you don't mind...

Shortly after I booked our trip, all I could think about was the trip. Then it got better..then it was all I could think about. It has been like that all year... not a lot of thought to all I could think about. I am back to it being all I think about.:rotfl:

And...:woohoo: on your Puerto Rico trip!

OMG definitely do the Haunted Carriage Ride, it is SO much fun, I really, really love the campground, I would LOVE to stay there someday if for some reason I ever buy an RV! :laughing:

A Wishes cruise sounds like fun, but they are kind of expensive, so the dessert party is a good alternative!

I want to do the Epcot Segway tour soooo bad, we were actually considering doing it on this past trip, but I somehow forgot to book it! :confused3

Oooh, I just noticed your baby ticker changed from a snow pea to a blueberry! Congrats! :laughing:

BLT is a pretty sweet place! But it's a lot of points per night when compared to some other DVC resorts, which is why we haven't stayed there yet!

I get so excited every week to find out what size my baby now is! :rotfl:

Well if we ever get DVC it's because we have won the lottery and can afford multiple airline trips a year, so we should be able to afford the high cost of points at Bay Lake. :laughing:

I totally get the whole excited when the trip is still a year away. I did that with he wedding AND the Disneymoon. And congrats on going to Puerto Rico!

Your whole list sounds great! I would definitely recommend the Wishes cruise. We had an amazing time on ours! One of my co-workers did the KTTK tour recently and loved it. I'm considering it for our upcoming trip, too. I think the haunted carriage ride sounds like so much fun!

Shortly after I booked our trip, all I could think about was the trip. Then it got better..then it was all I could think about. It has been like that all year... not a lot of thought to all I could think about. I am back to it being all I think about.:rotfl:

And...:woohoo: on your Puerto Rico trip!

We're at least getting closer to being able to officially book the trip... that's a big mile stone!

OMG definitely do the Haunted Carriage Ride, it is SO much fun, I really, really love the campground, I would LOVE to stay there someday if for some reason I ever buy an RV! :laughing:

A Wishes cruise sounds like fun, but they are kind of expensive, so the dessert party is a good alternative!

I want to do the Epcot Segway tour soooo bad, we were actually considering doing it on this past trip, but I somehow forgot to book it! :confused3

I think you've convinced me to keep the Carriage Ride on the list of activities to put to a group vote. Thanks! :goodvibes

I get so excited every week to find out what size my baby now is! :rotfl:

Well if we ever get DVC it's because we have won the lottery and can afford multiple airline trips a year, so we should be able to afford the high cost of points at Bay Lake. :laughing:

I totally get the whole excited when the trip is still a year away. I did that with he wedding AND the Disneymoon. And congrats on going to Puerto Rico!

I keep trying to convince Ben that we need to buy more points so we can take more trips. Maybe someday!

Your whole list sounds great! I would definitely recommend the Wishes cruise. We had an amazing time on ours! One of my co-workers did the KTTK tour recently and loved it. I'm considering it for our upcoming trip, too. I think the haunted carriage ride sounds like so much fun!

I REALLY wanna do the Wishes cruise. But I need to get a better idea of what our friends are considering reasonable to spend on extras... even if it isn't this trip, I am determined to do one sometime!

All caught up! I think your list sounds good. One thing I learned from my trip is, separation and not always being together might be a good thing.:thumbsup2

All caught up! I think your list sounds good. One thing I learned from my trip is, separation and not always being together might be a good thing.:thumbsup2

When are you going to start your TR?

We will definitely have days where we do our own things. I am pretty particular about what I like in WDW, so I'll have to have some time on my own, I am sure!

OOOHHHHH Puerto Rico in February--now that sounds heavenly!! :cool2:

Yes, it does! I have only been back from vacation for a month and I already NEED another one... can you believe Ben says I can't retire yet? Not fair.

Hi! Followed you here from the October 2012 thread.

I'm thinking non-stop about our trip too. We're going a couple weeks before you and we're renting DVC points from a friend. She can make our reservation for us on the 30th. Only 5 days to go until it seems that much more real! :woohoo:

I went to HHN at Universal last year. Watch out for that chainsaw army!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip :goodvibes

Hi! Followed you here from the October 2012 thread.

I'm thinking non-stop about our trip too. We're going a couple weeks before you and we're renting DVC points from a friend. She can make our reservation for us on the 30th. Only 5 days to go until it seems that much more real! :woohoo:

I went to HHN at Universal last year. Watch out for that chainsaw army!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip :goodvibes

Hey, thanks for reading!!

I CAN'T wait to be officially booked! Then, I won't be able to wait until we can try to switch our ressie. Though I am already thinking I really will be happy where ever we stay (the same thing happened on our last trip)

I don't like the sound of chainsaw army... the more I think about HHN, the more I realize I don't belong there. Maybe I'll send the other three to Universal, and I will stay safe from chainsaws at Disney :laughing:

Off to join your PTR... it's fun to have other trips to plan along with!

Ben wanted to start planning park days the other day, but I told him that is really hard to do without park hours. I tried to start using projected hours, but I just couldn't get into it this far out.

What I can get into is food! I'm working on a list of places we wanna go. Well, some are places we all want, some are just ones I've added without consulting the others yet. Wondering what I've come up with?

Japan: Teppanyaki or the table service restaurant. I like Teppanyaki style restaurants, and it's been a loooooong time since I've eaten in Japan... but I'm not sure this will make the short list.

Mama Melrose’s. A MUST DO. If for no other reason than they have 'Italian Surfer' on the drink menu. This is our signature 'house shot', the drink we make for folks visiting. What? You all don't have one of those? :rolleyes1
It all started on a bar crawl we did with Hilde and Sebastian, so I took it as a sign. Plus, I've never eaten here and like the menu.

Hoop Dee Doo Review. Ben and I did this two trips ago and are ready to go back!

Sannaa. Love this place! The four of us really like Indian food, which is a strong influence on the Sanaa menu. Will probably only work if we plan around an AK day, since Kidani is kinda hard to get to by WDW transportation.

Big River Brewery. Hilde and Sebastian brew their own (awesome) beer. Ben and I like to drink beer. Get it?

Marrakesh. Never eaten in Morocco, and the foods sound like stuff we'd like. Plus, belly dancing is fun to watch!

Plaza Restaurant. Not sure why, but I have had this one my list of restaurants to try for the last few trips. Still haven't gone. Maybe this time?

Beaches and Cream. I love ice cream. Maybe we could eat real food here, if we end up staying at the Boardwalk.

Kouzinna (breakfast). The breakfast menu sounded really good! Once again, this is more likely if we are staying at the BWV

Captain’s Grille. Not ridiculously expensive, but the menu looks pretty yummy. Plus I've never been to the Yacht Club.

Raglan Road. I would kill for the Bread & Butter Pudding here. They have good curry, too.

Flying Fish Café. I honestly don't know if Hilde and Sebastian like seafood... that might change things...

That's a lot of new places for me to eat! I know we won't get to all of them, but I'd like to try!

I'm going to give you a big :thumbsup2 for HDDR, Sanaa and Mama Melrose's. We love all 3!

The Plaza and Flying Fish are actually both on my list for our April trip too--already booked dinner ADRs there. Not sure why, but they just spoke to me and I want to try 'em.

Ben wanted to start planning park days the other day, but I told him that is really hard to do without park hours. I tried to start using projected hours, but I just couldn't get into it this far out.

What I can get into is food! I'm working on a list of places we wanna go. Well, some are places we all want, some are just ones I've added without consulting the others yet. Wondering what I've come up with?

Japan: Teppanyaki or the table service restaurant. I like Teppanyaki style restaurants, and it's been a loooooong time since I've eaten in Japan... but I'm not sure this will make the short list.

Mama Melrose’s. A MUST DO. If for no other reason than they have 'Italian Surfer' on the drink menu. This is our signature 'house shot', the drink we make for folks visiting. What? You all don't have one of those? :rolleyes1
It all started on a bar crawl we did with Hilde and Sebastian, so I took it as a sign. Plus, I've never eaten here and like the menu.

Hoop Dee Doo Review. Ben and I did this two trips ago and are ready to go back!

Sannaa. Love this place! The four of us really like Indian food, which is a strong influence on the Sanaa menu. Will probably only work if we plan around an AK day, since Kidani is kinda hard to get to by WDW transportation.

Big River Brewery. Hilde and Sebastian brew their own (awesome) beer. Ben and I like to drink beer. Get it?

Marrakesh. Never eaten in Morocco, and the foods sound like stuff we'd like. Plus, belly dancing is fun to watch!

Plaza Restaurant. Not sure why, but I have had this one my list of restaurants to try for the last few trips. Still haven't gone. Maybe this time?

Beaches and Cream. I love ice cream. Maybe we could eat real food here, if we end up staying at the Boardwalk.

Kouzinna (breakfast). The breakfast menu sounded really good! Once again, this is more likely if we are staying at the BWV

Captain’s Grille. Not ridiculously expensive, but the menu looks pretty yummy. Plus I've never been to the Yacht Club.

Raglan Road. I would kill for the Bread & Butter Pudding here. They have good curry, too.

Flying Fish Café. I honestly don't know if Hilde and Sebastian like seafood... that might change things...

That's a lot of new places for me to eat! I know we won't get to all of them, but I'd like to try!

I love all your choices! Many of those I have not been to...in fact, most. Sadly, of your list, I only have one that I have never been to that I will be trying this time. (Sanaa) I am glad you mentioned going only if you were at AK since that is how we are planning it. Otherwise, I can see how it would be very tough to get to.

Of my "have dones" are Mama Melrose (yum and they changed the menu recently) Tepanedo (sp?:confused:) and Raglan Road (agreed, bread pudding is amazing!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter