Food Network Star

While I agree that this week's episode was somewhat boring, I do know that having a show on Food Network isn't ALL about cooking. It's about having a presence on camera. You can be an amazing chef/cook, but if you don't/can't hold a viewer's attention, you aren't going to be successful on TV. And...social media is HUGE now. You have to cater to the people - and more and more people are using Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, et al.

That being said...I realize this week's show seemed to be a big candy bar commercial. But if you have watched in the past, they have done similar things. But this was the first time that I can recall that the contestants didn't actually cook something.

FWIW, Luca reminds me of Jeffrey Saad (Saab? He was on "United Tastes of America".)

Is it just me or does "Cowboy Lenny" grate on the nerves? For some intangible reason, I didn't like him when he was a contestant on "Guy's Grocery Games" and I wasn't thrilled to see him again. Watch, he'll win, just like the last contestant I disliked (Jeff Mauro). I seem to pick up on some invisible personality traits or something.

FWIW, Luca reminds me of Jeffrey Saad (Saab? He was on "United Tastes of America".)

Is it just me or does "Cowboy Lenny" grate on the nerves? For some intangible reason, I didn't like him when he was a contestant on "Guy's Grocery Games" and I wasn't thrilled to see him again. Watch, he'll win, just like the last contestant I disliked (Jeff Mauro). I seem to pick up on some invisible personality traits or something.
Rueben looks like Jake Gyllenhaal to me.

I'm okay with Lenny. He's a bit over the top at times, but I find something endearing about him. Loreal is the one who grates me nerves.

Rueben looks like Jake Gyllenhaal to me.

I'm okay with Lenny. He's a bit over the top at times, but I find something endearing about him. Loreal is the one who grates me nerves.

Yes, about Rueben! I've been calling him "Jake".

I don't see a front runner as of yet, but I'm sure they'll pick Lenny -- just because!

Yes, about Rueben! I've been calling him "Jake".

I don't see a front runner as of yet, but I'm sure they'll pick Lenny -- just because!
I get the feeling Lenny appeals to Food Network honchos bc his "wagon train chow" is a fresh idea Lenny could (maybe) pull off. Lenny is appealing in his cowboy cook persona. Just, PLEASE, I don't ever want to see him less than fully clothed!!!

Now, to the the blonde pageant girl with nothin' to say, and the lady that was swinging the chicken parts in the air, please exit stage left!

Lenny is okay. I really liked him the first episode or two. I think he can really cook. I thought the "Cowboy Cook" persona was real at first...but I'm beginning to think it is just an act. He is starting to get to be just a little bit TOO over-the-top.

I think Emma is a strong front-runner. If I had to pick a winner right now...she'd be my pick.

I think Nicole is a good pick for a sleeper. I think she will be there to the end.

Christopher may be gone soon. Giada is definitely not a fan of his.

Lenny is okay. I really liked him the first episode or two. I think he can really cook. I thought the "Cowboy Cook" persona was real at first...but I'm beginning to think it is just an act. He is starting to get to be just a little bit TOO over-the-top.

I think Emma is a strong front-runner. If I had to pick a winner right now...she'd be my pick.

I think Nicole is a good pick for a sleeper. I think she will be there to the end.

That's because Giada can't stand anyone prettier than her. ;)

Sorry, I know that was mean but I really don't like Giada. At all. In the least. And if I hear her correct someone one more time to how to pronounce "spaghetti" or "mozzarella" or any other word, I will likely scream.

That's because Giada can't stand anyone prettier than her. ;)

Sorry, I know that was mean but I really don't like Giada. At all. In the least. And if I hear her correct someone one more time to how to pronounce "spaghetti" or "mozzarella" or any other word, I will likely scream.

hahaha That made me laugh.

I like Giada...But your comment still made me laugh.

He wants to be a country singer. The cowboy persona is just that. A persona. But to be honest with you, it's no more fake than your average entertainer in a cowboy get up. How many people wearing cowboy get ups these days are genuine cowboys whether they're in entertainment or not? That said I'm not fond of him. But he has a great chance to win because it's not really how well they do. He's a face. And faces tend to win.

He wants to be a country singer. The cowboy persona is just that. A persona. But to be honest with you, it's no more fake than your average entertainer in a cowboy get up. How many people wearing cowboy get ups these days are genuine cowboys whether they're in entertainment or not? That said I'm not fond of him. But he has a great chance to win because it's not really how well they do. He's a face. And faces tend to win.

That's exactly why I don't like him. I think his whole persona is a shtick. I don't think he's genuine.

That was the same vibe I got from Jeff Mauro ("The Sandwich King"). I always thought he was a little too slick and something about him turned me off. But, I guess, the Food Network was looking for a family man. They choose whomever they can market the best.

A few years ago, I met Guy Fieri. As far as I could tell, he is what he is. He was personable and I honestly don't blame him for taking the jobs that come his way. I think he knows his appeal can end at any time.

Who was eliminated this week?

I like Lenny. I do not like Loreal or the girl that Lenny helped a few episodes ago that took all of the credit that is from another country originally.

A few years ago, I met Guy Fieri. As far as I could tell, he is what he is. He was personable and I honestly don't blame him for taking the jobs that come his way. I think he knows his appeal can end at any time.

My family was eating while on vacations few years ago(in Branson, I think, but I'm not sure) when Guy and about six or seven others walked in. They were placed at a table in the center of the room. He was SO loud and obnoxious. It seemed like he was doing everything possible to get people to pay attention to him. It was annoying, and I was not impressed in the least.

I agree this episode was silly, but I did like the Rrrrrrrrreese's bit A LOT and I thought the Pay Day video was also memorable.

I like Lenny. I don't care if it's a schtick. Lots of entertainers have them and at least his does not seem to be created from whole cloth like so many others.

My favorite is Nicole and after this week Ruben has grown on me. I'd be pleased if those 3 were in the finals.

Loreal is the annoying one for me. I don't like how she acts in her bits and her one on ones with the camera crew are just her talking bad about her competitors.

I dislike Loreal more and more each week. Same with Lenny.

I'd say my favorite is still Emma.

A show with Emma wouldn't hold my interest in the least. Her delivery is boring. And I still don't understand her pov.

I dislike Loreal more and more each week. Same with Lenny.

Me too. I kind of liked her in the beginning but watching her each has changed my opinion.

A show with Emma wouldn't hold my interest in the least. Her delivery is boring. And I still don't understand her pov.

Same here, I don't think a farm to table POV is enough to build a show or a star on.

None of them jump out at me as someone I would definitely watch. I like Chris because I think he's a cutey but I don't like his POV. I'd watch a show about Nicole's POV if someone else was hosting it. This season is by far the most disappointing.

not impressed with any of them really
I had favorites at the start, but now find them annoying.
I don't think I would watch any of their shows

Ii can't figure out what the show producers are trying to accomplish. None of the contestants have barely cooked anything. This last challenge, to create a food for commercial sale, forced everyone to make simpleton accompaniments like marinara, chili sauce, beets and flavored butter. Why oh why did Lenny taste each Chili pepper? Lenny, the Western Chuck Wagon cook, should know his Chili peppers. He gave away that he is a complete fake.

And some backgrounds were too hard. Ruben selling Cuban Picante on the moon? Southwestern Hot Sauce at the Great Wall? Any food in a colorless, dead, Old-West Ghost Town? Then others had easy backgrounds. Lorelai in the giant tomato patch, selling tomato marinara. Blonde Ms. Texas selling food on a beautiful beach. BTW, I would NOT feed her Texas baby food concoction to any baby. Coconut milk and mushed up beans. Ugh!

I hope this is the last year for FNS.

This is the worst set of contestants they've ever had on this show.
Every one of them is either over the top corny/cheesy or incredibly dull and boring.
Whoever wins is going to have their show cancelled very quickly, then they will disappear.

This is the worst set of contestants they've ever had on this show.
Every one of them is either over the top corny/cheesy or incredibly dull and boring.
Whoever wins is going to have their show cancelled very quickly, then they will disappear.

Agreed. I found it odd that there was a whole episode that centered around interviewing and not around cooking. So sad that cooking and preparing dishes gets the "back burner" treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter