• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food Choices at Tusker for Lunch?

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
We have done Tusker a few times for Breakfast and love it but we are going to be AK our first day after our flight comes in. Since they do characters all day (correct?) I am thinking of changing my ADR to Tusker House from Yak & Yeti to get the character meal in on day one!

I looked at what Disney had listed on the menu but it didn't look like much and I know the breakfast has TONS of choices...could be that they just don't have the room to list everything available at lunch?

Have you done Tusker for lunch? How was it and what kind of food choices did they have? Were there a lot of options?

Thanks!

There is a lot of options. Dont recall what as most I didnt care for. I do remember eating a plate of their green beans! Loved that. Made myself a cold cut sandwich. They had a carving station. I think ham, turkey and beef. I also remember someone cutting a HUGE whole fish! Lots of breads, cold cuts and side dishes.

Have you done Tusker for lunch? How was it and what kind of food choices did they have? Were there a lot of options?

Appetizers: Spicy South African preserves, Tabbouleh, Hummus and Baba Ghanoush, Endive/Apple/Walnut salad, Caesar salad, Mixed Greens salad, Tomato & Cucumber salad,
Sliced Turkey/Ham/Cheese, Tunisian Couscous salad, Green bean & onion salad, Curried rice salad and Fresh fruit. Vegetarian Table: Marrakesh couscous, Vegetable samaosa,
Spiced Tandoori Tofu, Jollaf rice, and Pearl couscous with sweet basil essence.

Kid Food: PB&J sandwich, Corn dog nuggets, Mac & Cheese, Corn, Chicken Drumsticks, Green beans, and Mashed potatoes.

Adult Food: Salmon filet, Root veggies, Seafood stew, Orzo pasta, green bean medley, Rotisserie chicken, potato wedges, mashed potatoes, Carved top sirloin and pork loin, Cape Malay curry chicken, and Basmati rice with almonds.

Dessert: Fruit cobbler, Warm banana- cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla sauce, and assorted pastries and cookies. [/i]

We usually aim for a late breakfast ADR. Character interaction is longer (as the place is clearing out) and we can enjoy selections of both breakfast and lunch offerings as changeover is happening.

We did this too! It was around 11:30 I believe. Which is awesome because myself and my daughter are big breakfast eaters and my hubby is more adventurous. So, he made a small breakfast plate while they were switching over and then made a lunch plate. My daughter and I had plenty of breakfast plus lunch desserts. :joker: They had stuff that wasn't listed on the online menu. There was plenty to choose from!

Same here. Did a late breakfast and was able to do BOTH breakfast and Lunch. Was excellent and I would def do it again.

Lunch def has more adventurous items than breakfast has.

Thinking of doing a later breakfast to take advantage of a few lunch options too - we are partial to breakfast but couldn't get a prepark opening time. What time do they switch over? and will we get charged for a lunch buffet if we eat off that or breakfast because that's what time our ADR was for?

Thinking of doing a later breakfast to take advantage of a few lunch options too - we are partial to breakfast but couldn't get a prepark opening time. What time do they switch over? and will we get charged for a lunch buffet if we eat off that or breakfast because that's what time our ADR was for?
You will be charged a breakfast as that is your adr time.

We had a 10:45am reservation and turnover started at about 11am

I had the most delicious lunch EVER at Tusker House once - I still dream about it! I am not a spice fan and was somewhat worried, but I found the most amazing large couscous and salmon EVER. Seriously, I ACTUALLY dream about it.

We ate lunch there in April and it was delicious! The salmon from the carving station and the shrimp were my favorites! The banana bread pudding is delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter