"Follow the bouncing ears!" - Oct 2010 solo/Dismeet TR; UPDATE 11/26

It was in a shop on the way to Liberty Tree...

USAHolidayOct2010248.jpg

Here's where we waited for the Magic Carpet ride. Appropriate numbering system.

USAHolidayOct2010276.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010285.jpg

I made Dana go on this ride. I know how much she doesn't like the dolls....so thanks Dana.

USAHolidayOct2010298.jpg

Our companions on the ride.

USAHolidayOct2010296.jpg

Our ONLY companions!

USAHolidayOct2010325.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010299.jpg

The leprechaun for the Chicagan...

USAHolidayOct2010304.jpg

Here's the shot you wanted...

USAHolidayOct2010323.jpg

More great shots like this coming to my TR shortly.....

princess::upsidedow

Yay! Thank you for posting all of those :) The shots of Pooh and Eeyore are so cute!

And now I know where the Figment figure was! It was in the pin shop in Frontierland :)

DH and I headed to Main Street to see HalloWishes so that I could get shots like this. I didn't bring a tripod; so I had to make do with hand held and not too long exposures.

USAHolidayOct2010335.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010345.jpg

And we ended up in the turn from Frontierland to Splash for the Parade. Not my ideal spot and if you do check out my TR and see the photos I got on the night we sat with HeatherBelle in the hub, you'll see why. It all has to do with the background. I would have liked the opportunity to address some of the bad shots I got at the hub; but in the end, I was also happy with some of the pictures I got in this spot. :hug:

USAHolidayOct2010397.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010404.jpg

USAHolidayOct2010420.jpg

And not so happy with others...

USAHolidayOct2010426.jpg

We went trick or treating after this. DH and Dana wanted to collect candy to take back for work colleagues. I'm pretty sure we hit every candy spot between here and Main Street via the Alice trail.

Two and the half days of DisMeet with Dana was great. I'm only sorry we ended on the minor hissy fit. At the end of the day, I figured that we'd spent all that time together without getting into any serious conflict.....we were doing well.

All yours now, Dana. I don't have any more pics of the rest of the TR.

Yay! Thank you for posting all of those :) The shots of Pooh and Eeyore are so cute!

And now I know where the Figment figure was! It was in the pin shop in Frontierland :)

It is my pleasure! Thanks for letting me hang out with you and taking shots of you, mini Pooh and mini Eeyore.

We went trick or treating after this. DH and Dana wanted to collect candy to take back for work colleagues. I'm pretty sure we hit every candy spot between here and Main Street via the Alice trail.

Two and the half days of DisMeet with Dana was great. I'm only sorry we ended on the minor hissy fit. At the end of the day, I figured that we'd spent all that time together without getting into any serious conflict.....we were doing well.

All yours now, Dana. I don't have any more pics of the rest of the TR.

I think we hit almost every candy stop, actually. We did quite a bit of them while you were looking at that purse ;) Did you wind up buying it, or should I check your TR? :lmao:

But yeah, I was sorry we had that :hug: Maybe next time :)

Thanks for posting your pics! They're really good! :)

It is my pleasure! Thanks for letting me hang out with you and taking shots of you, mini Pooh and mini Eeyore.

Thanks for letting me hang out with you as well! :lmao: I had a really good time :) :hug: We'll have to do it again someday!

I really enjoyed viewing your pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!!! :hug:

You're welcome! :) Glad you enjoyed them!

Great update!!! :thumbsup2 I cannot wait to ride TSM, I love that whole area, and I can't wait to actually go through the whole line and see everything, it looks adorable!

Sci Fi looks good...still not sure if I'm gonna keep that ADR or not! :rotfl:

Looks like another fun night at MK! I can't wait to try LTT!:)

The TSMM queue looks a lot more fun than ours in CA, great pictures from both of you! Sorry about the hissy fit, glad you two made up :hug:

Okay, I wanted to get caught up (I skipped some of the chatter) so I can then go back and update my TR. Now I am slightly exhausted...you guys sure did a lot in these first days.

All of your pictures are really great! I love all the pics with Pooh and Eeyore--two of my favorites.

Great updates! Yay for eating around the world at F&W. I really wished we were able to try more things, two little kids got in the way though.:rolleyes1

The pictures of Pooh and Eeyore are so cute. Looks like they were having such a good time!:laughing:

You are hitting all the best rides. Glad to hear you liked Soarin'. TSM is just the best! I can't wait to ride RnRC with DH on our solo trip. Oh, and I totally agree about Illuminations, not my favorite at all.

Great update!!! :thumbsup2 I cannot wait to ride TSM, I love that whole area, and I can't wait to actually go through the whole line and see everything, it looks adorable!

Sci Fi looks good...still not sure if I'm gonna keep that ADR or not! :rotfl:

Looks like another fun night at MK! I can't wait to try LTT!:)

I love Pixar Place, too :lovestruc It's just so cute!

Honestly, I think you guys should keep it. Even if you decide on the day not to go, you can just call dining or go to the podium and tell them that you're canceling. They do take walk-ups, though. I tried to cancel my Plaza ADR and the girl at the podium said not to worry about it, since there was no credit card guarantee and they take walk-ups.

I loved Liberty Tree! I went there again the next day :lmao:

The TSMM queue looks a lot more fun than ours in CA, great pictures from both of you! Sorry about the hissy fit, glad you two made up :hug:

I'm glad we made up, too :grouphug: But yeah, the TSMM queue is awesome :)

i love your report i just got caught up!

Thanks! :welcome: Glad to have you here! :)

Okay, I wanted to get caught up (I skipped some of the chatter) so I can then go back and update my TR. Now I am slightly exhausted...you guys sure did a lot in these first days.

All of your pictures are really great! I love all the pics with Pooh and Eeyore--two of my favorites.

Yeah, we did :lmao: I kind of slowed down a bit the next couple of days, though, when I was (mostly) on my own.

I really love the pics of Pooh and Eeyore. They make me smile :)

Great updates! Yay for eating around the world at F&W. I really wished we were able to try more things, two little kids got in the way though.:rolleyes1

The pictures of Pooh and Eeyore are so cute. Looks like they were having such a good time!:laughing:

You are hitting all the best rides. Glad to hear you liked Soarin'. TSM is just the best! I can't wait to ride RnRC with DH on our solo trip. Oh, and I totally agree about Illuminations, not my favorite at all.

Hey, that happens :lmao: My sister's currently mad at me for showing my niece pictures of BBB and the castle and the Christmas parade on Youtube. Jade's now bugging her every day about if they can go to Disney yet.

They were having a good time! :lmao: Even when Pooh got eaten by a statue!

I did like Soarin', yeah. I don't think it was as awesome as everyone says, but it was really cool. TSMM is just so much fun :lmao: I love the mini-competitions that happen with that ride. You guys will love RnRC :teeth: The start is the best part! Don't get me wrong, I like Illuminations, I just prefer Wishes. :confused3

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - Magic Kingdom

I have no notes whatsoever for this day. I'm not sure why I stopped taking notes on my trip, so I'm making a point to make sure I bring a notebook and take good notes when I go to DLR in June. Plus, it'll be my first trip, so I really have no idea what I'm doing there :lmao:

Anyway!

I think I slept in this day. The original plan was to go to DAK in the morning and hit up a couple of rides there before going to MK, but I decided not to. I think I could have saved the money I spent upgrading to a park hopper, to be perfectly honest. I'll have to keep that in mind for next year.

P1060315.jpg

I decided that since I was on my own, I was going to focus on doing a character hunt, as I'd been ordered by my mom to collect as many autographs as possible for my niece. My character pics are all on Photopass, though. I ordered the CD last night, so I should get it sometime next week. Or hopefully sooner.

Anyway, I know I met Donald before heading here for lunch:

P1060316.jpg

Back to Liberty Tree :) I know I'd just been there the night before, but the menu's different at lunch!

P1060317.jpg

P1060318.jpg

I checked in a little early and was seated almost immediately (that was apparently the theme for just about every ADR I had).

P1060319.jpg

P1060320.jpg

I'd promised myself I'd try the pot roast, but when I got there and read the menu, I found out that there are mushrooms in it. I HATE mushrooms. HATE. So I got the cheeseburger instead, since the only other thing I would have wanted was the turkey plate, and I'd just had turkey the night before.

P1060321.jpg

P1060322.jpg

Sprite!

P1060323.jpg

The burger was good, but a typical burger. Nothing spectacular.

Now, the real reason I wanted to come for lunch?

P1060324.jpg

Ooey gooey toffee cake! I'd wanted to try this for a long time, and tried to make it at home, but it didn't come out right. Maybe it was the lack of ice cream and caramel sauce. Anyway, I loved that :)

After lunch, I headed into Adventureland, judging by my photos. I don't think I went on many rides. I have no notes and my brain is currently not operating correctly, so I may have, but I may not have. I think I spent more time walking around and looking at things and trying to meet the characters on this day.

P1060325.jpg

I apparently wandered into Fantasyland next :confused3 See why I need to take better notes? :lmao:

P1060327.jpg

P1060328.jpg

P1060329.jpg

P1060330.jpg

Because I was on a character hunt, any time I saw a character attendant, I got in line.

P1060331.jpg

Not for those guys, though.

P1060332.jpg

Honestly, I think Peter Pan's kinda creepy.

I spoke to the character attendant and asked her who else was going to be in Fantasyland, and she told me that the Fairy Godmother was going to be out in a few minutes by the castle, and then Mary Poppins a little bit after that, near the carousel. So I went to wait for the Fairy Godmother.

P1060333.jpg

P1060334.jpg

P1060335.jpg

It was a gorgeous day.

P1060336.jpg

Just as I was about to get up and leave, she came out!

P1060337.jpg

After seeing her, I went over to the carousel to wait for Mary Poppins. I kept an eye out for her and eventually saw her parasol come bobbing by.

P1060338.jpg

I asked if she was going to be signing and she said yes, and asked me to walk with her, so I told her I was waiting for her and she laughed.

P1060339.jpg

She signed it with Jade's name, which was nice :)

P1060340.jpg

I also took a picture on my cell phone and sent it to Jen, Joni (I think?), and my mom, since Mary Poppins is my mom's favorite Disney movie.

After seeing her, I cut back over to the castle and down the path to Tomorrowland. I wanted to see if the Tangled characters were out, but I'd missed their cutoff AGAIN.

P1060341.jpg

Instead, I stopped at Enchanted Grove for one of these:

P1060342.jpg

I really liked it, although I would've preferred a smaller cup.

As I worked on drinking it, I made my way through Tomorrowland.

P1060343.jpg

P1060344.jpg

P1060345.jpg

P1060346.jpg

And somehow back to Main Street? Apparently, I was going in circles. :confused3 I did know there were characters there, though, so that's probably why.

The pics for the first two are on Photopass, but I saw Daisy and Pluto, then went to see Pinnochio.

P1060347.jpg

After Pinnochio, I made my way through the air conditioned shops back up to Tomorrowland.

P1060348.jpg

P1060349.jpg

If I'd had the money, I so would have bought those. The only time I like Precious Moments is when it's Disney.

I apparently decided to hit up the Laugh Floor, since it was air conditioned.

P1060352.jpg

P1060353.jpg

After that, I did the TTA.

P1060354.jpg

P1060355.jpg

One of the things I like about the TTA is the photo opportunities it gives you.

P1060356.jpg

P1060357.jpg

P1060358.jpg

P1060359.jpg

P1060360.jpg

P1060361.jpg

After the TTA, I walked BACK to Main Street for some reason. I don't know what I was thinking.

P1060362.jpg

P1060363.jpg

P1060364.jpg

P1060365.jpg

I guess I wanted to take a picture of this for my dad:

P1060366.jpg

I wandered over to Adventureland and went on Pirates. I also met Goofy while I was in line, but that's a Photopass pic.

P1060367.jpg

P1060368.jpg

P1060369.jpg

After Pirates, I hopped on the train over to Toontown.

P1060370.jpg

P1060371.jpg

And then I walked through there back to Fantasyland.

P1060372.jpg

P1060373.jpg

P1060374.jpg

The Sword In The Stone is one of my favorite Disney movies!

I headed down into Liberty Square for some dinner.

P1060375.jpg

P1060376.jpg

I got chicken nuggets and fries with the apple tart for dessert.

P1060377.jpg

I sat upstairs and, as always, it was empty.

P1060378.jpg

P1060379.jpg

P1060380.jpg

My view.

P1060381.jpg

That came out kind of cute.

After dinner, I went on Haunted Mansion again.

P1060382.jpg

P1060384.jpg

P1060385.jpg

P1060386.jpg

After that, I went back to Pop. I was tired and just wanted to relax, so I wound up back at the hotel fairly early. I'd also done some shopping on this day, but I don't remember in what order. This is all the stuff I wound up taking home with me, plus an extra popcorn bucket that I found:

P1060387.jpg

The Grumpy and Beatles mugs were for my dad, the Pooh for me, the villains for my friend Cherry. The votive holders were on sale for $7, and the lantern was on sale for $10. The Piglet and small metal candle holder were for my friend Molly.

I spent the rest of the evening like this:

P1060388.jpg

Watching this:

P1060389.jpg

And that was my day :)

I love the fact that you took the Tron pictures. I can't wait for that movie to come out.

I also love going upstairs at Columbia Harbour House, because no one ever goes up there. It's a lot more peaceful.

Was that Criminal Minds you were watching at the end of the day? Love that show!

I love the fact that you took the Tron pictures. I can't wait for that movie to come out.

I also love going upstairs at Columbia Harbour House, because no one ever goes up there. It's a lot more peaceful.

Was that Criminal Minds you were watching at the end of the day? Love that show!

I can't wait for it, either, although, to be perfectly honest, I'm more excited about Garrett Hedlund in skintight vinyl in 3D than anything else... :rolleyes1 He's really a good actor, but he's also really really cute :lmao: (he's the guy playing the son, if you don't know who I'm talking about)

I love sitting up there. I can't tell you how many times I went to CHH to clean the bathrooms and saw no one sitting upstairs. A lot of people don't know you can go up there :)

And yes, I was watching Criminal Minds. I rarely watch it unless I happen to catch it, so I'd watch that and Without A Trace while I was getting ready for bed whenever I was in the hotel. It's a good show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter