Flying with Thomson.

Boo :)

Oh, so they have the Internet on computers now!
Hello! We leave in just over a week and I'm just wondering what the service with Thomson is like. Any idea what the meals are? Or the films on the plane?

TIA.

Have a look at their website there is a lot of infor on their. What I did notice was the baggage allowance is only 15kg!! You can purchase more though...

http://www.thomson.co.uk/holiday-extras.html

For every person that Loves a flight there will be somebody else that had a bad experience. We have never flown with Thomson, we are usually with VA and we have good and bad times with them. I think in the main they are all pretty similar. We flew BA not too long ago and said NEVER AGAIN but sometimes a flight is only as good as its cabin crew and if the price was right I would fly with them again (you forget if the money is right!!). As for the food we never chance it anymore and always take something with us now. We normally go economy and can honestly say I think all the food we have ever had is pretty rubbish.. When I hear people say 'the food was good' I think 'Really?!!' If you were served any of that food in a restaurant would you think it was good and be happy to pay for it?:confused3 It's at most ok and I certainly would not pay for it, it would have been returned to the kitchen...

One of best flights to Orlando was with Airtours (don't think they are about anymore, not sure) but it was very similar to a Thomson flight by the looks of it..we were in cattle class and the seats were tiny and not much leg room compared to VA/BA nowadays and we were very cramped but the cabin crew were fantastic and the flight seemed to wizz by...always coming round with drinks, ice cream and other snacks..I think BA came round once other then the food service...they just all stood in the galley and talked and then on the way back turned the heating on full so that everybody fell asleep or felt sick!!

Anyway mini rant over...:)

We flew with Thomson last year and it was the best flight we've ever had. We've only ever flown Thomas Cook and Monarch previously.

With Thomson you have your own TV and they show a few films but you can change the channel. I'm sure they had The Simpsons and Top Gear on one channel then football documentries on another then Everybody Loves Raymond on another.

I didn't eat any of the meals on the flight but they served two meals, DBF seemed to enjoy them (especially since he ate mine too...). If I remember correctly we got a breakfast as it was a morning flight then lunch and I think they came round with some biscuits/crackers as a snack before landing. On the return flight we had tea then breakfast. The options for lunch and tea were chicken or pasta. They also seemed to keep offering tea and coffee throughout the flight too.

The leg room is also good with Thomson in economy. You seemed to have more room than Thomas Cook and Monarch.

We're flying again with them in the a few weeks but we've booked premium this time.

Hope you have a safe flight and a lovely time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter