Flying Out of Flint MI

Frank4202

Mouseketeer
Has anyone flown out of Flint rather than Detroit Metro. From the prices I've seen it seems be approximately $50 cheaper each way and not much further than Metro. I was wondering if anyone has used Flint and what your experience was. Looking to save like all Canadians with this exchange rate.

Of our 9 trips to WDW, 2 have been from Buffalo, 4 from Detroit and the last 3 have been from Flint! Hands down, Flint is our favourite!!! It is 30 min closer for us than Detroit. Parking is 100% easier - literally, it is right there! And if you end up across the road, it's still, right there!! Cheaper than Detroit as well. There is food available and the airport is SUPER easy to navigate!!! We have mostly flown Southwest and have always managed to get direct flights!!!

I highly recommend it!!! If you have any specific questions, fell free to message me!

I have flown both Buffalo and flint as well. Love both airports. Flint is exactly as above mentioned. Would def do it over Detroit. The 3 times we have flown from flint ( twice to Tampa once to Orlando) highest I paid $122 each way. March break or Xmas for vacation time.

This is interesting, I never thought to look outside of Detroit as I'm just over the bridge from there.
According to google, there is about 1/2 an hour more driving time so this is well worth looking into for our next trip....especially if there is a decent savings.
Does anyone have hotel recommendations near this airport?

This is interesting, I never thought to look outside of Detroit as I'm just over the bridge from there.
According to google, there is about 1/2 an hour more driving time so this is well worth looking into for our next trip....especially if there is a decent savings.
Does anyone have hotel recommendations near this airport?

There is a holiday inn right close by, along with I think a marriott? Look at the gateway center area. About 5 min from airport and safe. I'd advise avoiding the one right down the road (name changes all the time - airport inn maybe now?)

Flint is sketchy, but stick to hill road accommodations close by and you should be fine. In your searches if you find specific ones you want opinions on feel free to pm me. There aren't a ton close by that I know of.

My il's live in flint where we grew up so we fly out of flint but stay with them. Bishop is a great little airport!

Thanks, Meeko5
Just in the planning stage for next year so I'm looking for ways to offset the crazy exchange rate.

Are you from Windsor as well?

I'm planning for Oct 2016 and Flint seems to be about $50 cheaper than Detroit. Our dollar is only supposed to dip even further so I too am looking for ways to save. This seems to be an easy way to save cash for an extra 20-30 minutes of driving.

There is a holiday inn right close by, along with I think a marriott? Look at the gateway center area. About 5 min from airport and safe. I'd advise avoiding the one right down the road (name changes all the time - airport inn maybe now?)

Flint is sketchy, but stick to hill road accommodations close by and you should be fine. In your searches if you find specific ones you want opinions on feel free to pm me. There aren't a ton close by that I know of.

My il's live in flint where we grew up so we fly out of flint but stay with them. Bishop is a great little airport!

I agree. Gateway centre has a Marriott and a holiday inn express. Hill road and gateway centre is perfect. Flint is very very sketchy. So stay in these areas you should be ok.

Looks like Windsor may be getting direct flights to Orlando (Sanford Airport).
Wonder if the airfare will be comparable to flying from Detroit or Flint.
Throw in Magical Express and we may have a winner.:love:

Holiday inn gateway is great. Amazing service and ferry friendly staff. Love flying from flint, nice little airport, cheap parking

Looks like Windsor may be getting direct flights to Orlando (Sanford Airport).
Wonder if the airfare will be comparable to flying from Detroit or Flint.
Throw in Magical Express and we may have a winner.:love:

They're flying into Orlando Sanford which does not offer any Magical Express Services. Sanford is approx. 1hr from most Disney Resort Hotels. Flights to START at $296 but it doesn't state if that's each way or round trip. Factor in your additional fee to get to Disney and its not really worth it. Still cheaper to fly out of Flint or Metro using Southwest for about $130USD each way. Disappointed to say but as a resident of Windsor, it wont be worth the hassle.

I have flown from Flint To Las Vegas many times and love it. As everyone said it is easy to get around the terminal and the parking is just across the street. Love it, I would fly out of there over Detroit .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter