Fly from MCO same day as cruise gets in at Miami?

stefanospops

DIS Veteran
I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone who talked about this. Tell me if I am crazy. There is a non-stop flight that leaves from MCO to BUF at 5pm. I figure it is about 4 hours to get to MCO from Miami, so if we get off the ship at say 9am, I should be in Orlando by 1pm. Our cruise arrives back in Miami on a Friday. Originally we were going to spend a few days at WDW after the cruise, but have decided to fly in 4 days before the cruise instead. We can still stay after, but there is a great price to fly back same day. Is this just crazy for me to consider?

I think you can do it, but how much are you saving over flying from MIA or FLL? The rental car from MIA to MCO might be $75, plus gas, but there is also your time to consider.

From the port to the rental car place at the airport will take you a minimum of 30 minutes. It is then about 4 hours to MCO, time to return the car and get checked in. Even if you don't get out of Miami until 11 you'll still make a 5 pm flight out of MCO.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. The main reason is that there are no direct flights from FLL to BUF. With three young kids I would rather drive for 4 hours than Make connecting flights. There are 6 of us and the direct flight from MCO is actually $60 less expensive per person too, so that saves $240. IN the end I am not likely to risk it and will stay another day or two at WDW.

Yes, assuming you get in port 'on time' you can easily do it.

I live near the MCO airport. I left the Wonder at about 9:00/9:30ish and was home by 2:00pm (and I made a stop or two on the way).

But its a long drive, maybe check to see if its not much more to fly out of a closer airport then driving all the way to Orlando. Specifically when you take into account cost of rental car and gas.

Check West Palm Beach airport too - its closer then Orlando and might have non-stop, or even Naples or Ft Meyers.

Airtran offers a non-stop flight from FLL to BUF, but it leaves early afternoon.

You should also consider Ft. Myers (RSW), JetBlue has a non-stop from there to Buffalo that leaves at 8:40 pm so no worries about rushing & it's an hour less driving than what Orlando would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter