Flower and Garden Festival must do's?

Disney Food Blog has up the menu boards with prices now if anyone is interested. I've added up what I think we are going to want and without alcohol, it will be around $160 just at the booths.

How is it that in all our years of Disney trips I never knew they had an egg hunt?! We will be joined by my niece and nephew in April, who would LOVE this. Especially since they are traveling on Easter and may not get to the a traditional Easter egg hunt.

Can someone please tell me where to begin this hunt? Do you "check in" somewhere?

Violet Lemonade!! Oh my!! I inhaled Violet Lemonades the last time we were there for Flower and Garden. They have them at one of the outdoor kiosks/buildings between the big, main walkway to future world and the Canada Pavilion. I thought I read somewhere that they are somewhere all year now but I can't seem to find where I read that.

Yes! this was at Pinapple Promenade it was lovely! The spicy hot dog at the same stand with plantains and pineapple salsa was out of this world we are laughing that we liked a hotdog this much WoW but it is quite spicy

Does anybody who has already been (Yeah, I know. It just started yesterday) know if the Figment statues have sold out? I'm considering making the 10 hour solo drive down with the "main" premise being to pick one up - and spend some solo time in the park(s) - since we bought APs this year. I'd hate to get there and find that he's all sold out. He's obviously in the middle, at the bottom, in this picture I found.

fagfnm48956933-500x500.jpg

I'm so excited to go to F&G for the first time in April. Two questions: do most of you come up with a plan before going or just sort of wander and enjoy? Also, is the egg hunt something typically done in one day or could we spread it over two days?

When will you be here?

I'm not sure. I make my own schedule, so I could leave this Saturday or I could leave three weeks from now. Apparently unless I'm there this upcoming week, the store will only be open on the weekends, so there's that. I try and avoid weekends at Epcot festivals, but may not have a choice. I've been looking at hotels for Saturday through Tuesday, as I'd love to catch Dennis Deyoung doing Styx stuff Monday night.

Oh, that's cute! I hadn't seen the one for this year yet.

I was just going over menus and figuring out what I'm probably going to want from each booth, and thinking I should pick one of them up. Nothing wrong with using the MBs, but I like this little card :-)
I agree! And orange should smell great this year! I will be picking one up as well

DW and I went to EPCOT this morning and the we did the egg hunt. It was cute. I got the Mickey egg and DW got the Cheshire Cat as our surprise gift when we turned in our map. Just as a note, some "eggs" are inside and some are outside. Glad we did it. May do it again next year!!!

Are there any must do/eat/see things at the Flower and Garden festival that you personally would make time to do?
New for 2017 is an outdoor kitchen called The Berry Basket. The Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Gelato is the very best food offering.

We are getting an unexpected 4 day trip in and I"m so excited! We usually hit F&G each year but weren't going to be able to this year so it's nice to see all the new things. Does F&G have the lanyards like F&W? With the pull off coupons for food and drink?

New for 2017 is an outdoor kitchen called The Berry Basket. The Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Gelato is the very best food offering.

We had the Buckle this past weekend. It was very good. I would have it again if it offered next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter