Flower and Garden Festival must do's?

Last year we did the Easter Egg hunt and it was a complete blast. My son can't wait to do it again this year. It is really hard in some countries but the cast members will give you hints if you ask them. I sure hope they hide them in different spots each year! Does anyone know?

I forgot about the easter egg hunt.. Taken my niece in May. She may like doing this. Heck I will like it!

I loved the butterfly tent. :)

Berry Basket will be my first go to for food this year
For 2017, there are 15 different stations offering a variety of options, including two new ones - Northern Bloom and Berry Basket. Northern Bloom will have menu themed around delicacies found in Canada, with Berry Basket offering a selection of berry themed items.

And from the
Pineapple Promenade
  • Pineapple Soft-Serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I'm so glad I stopped here! I had no idea the Easter Egg Hunt would start so early! We will be there in early March, so I'm definitely adding it to our to-do list!

I was there for Flower & Garden in 2015. I was halfway around the world showcase before I realized that they have little booklets with all the flower displays, food kiosks and special areas listed in them. Each location had a special stamp used to stamp your book. It makes a nice keepsake and also helps you make sure you don't miss seeing any of the special F&G stuff.

Also, I was on the quick service dining plan. I saved all my snack credits to use at the F&G food kiosks. It was awesome!

Last edited:
Our last park day is March 1st, the first day of the festival. We've never been during this time before. My MIL will LOVE the topiaries and I think the little ones will LOVE LOVE the interactive play gardens! Are we missing out on anything by being there on the first day and not later in the festival?

We think the Smokehouse back by the American pavilion is a must do! It is the only place where we can enjoy decent BBQ while down there (which we really miss after 2-3 weeks away from KC). The butterfly tent is pretty cool. They also have a playground set up in the grass along the walkway between the Canada side of WS and the Land/Imagination areas that the kids really enjoy.

Epcot 's Easter Egg Hunt is returning this year...(March 1-May 29)

Do they really do this through May? We go during F&G almost every year and I never knew about this. My kids would love it!

I was there for Flower & Garden in 2015. I was halfway around the world showcase before I realized that they have little booklets with all the flower displays, food kiosks and special areas listed in them. Each location had a special stamp used to stamp your book. It makes a nice keepsake and also helps you make sure you don't miss seeing any of the special F&G stuff.

Also, I was on the quick service dining plan. I saved all my snack credits to use at the F&G food kiosks. It was awesome!

Not sure if they will have the stamps this year. F&W changed them on the passports to little stickers you stick on yourself. I'm guessing to save time since people would hold up the CMs to get their books stamped even if they weren't eating there. I actually liked the stickers better as I never bothered to get the stamps but the stickers were easy to do myself and did kind of help me keep track of where I had already tried. The passports are usually at every booth, most stores in WS have them at the cash register and the Festival Center will have them.

The little garden behind the Twinnings shop in GB has different tea plants. You can take a guided tour of the area (free) or you can wander around there yourself.
They used to give a tea bag sample. Do they still?

How about the do and take workshops? I still have a potted plant ( lantana) from years ago and the seedballs we made 5-6 years ago still produce beautiful wildflowers in my garden.

Last edited:
Festival Center Events
Get the scoop on what’s flourishing at the Festival Center on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

• Garden Information Desk: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Connect with Master Gardeners from the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences.
  • Garden Theatre: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    See the “making” of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
  • Heritage of Disney’s Horticulture Exhibit: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Learn how horticulture has played a key role in creating Walt Disney’s vision.
  • Hands-On Presentations at the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM
  • Demonstrations at the Fresh Epcot Stage: Noon and 3:00 PM
  • Tips at the Spotlight Stage: 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM
    Soak up planting pointers from the experts at University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences.
  • Conversations at the Festival Stage: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Catch lively discussions on a variety of horticulture topics.

The Concerts and munching at the food kiosks. There used to be a musical group called Mulch, Sweat and Shears that performed in DHS, don't know if they still do, been a few years for us.

Bill From PA

Sadly, as madge says, they're no longer performing. I saw them on their last day I think!

To the OP: Definitely take time visiting the "outdoor kitchens"! The beer flights are fun, some of the small plates are really good. Drinks are nice and small, so you can get a sample rather than a huge drink (wine glasses are pretty small I think).

We've enjoyed a couple of concerts. I wish The Orchestra was playing when I'm going this year; they were awesome (original members of ELO).

The whole atmosphere is so beautiful! When I go in late August, I so miss all the flowers and topiaries of the F&G Festival, plus the booths of foods (although there is so much good food to snack on at Epcot anyway).

We think the Smokehouse back by the American pavilion is a must do! It is the only place where we can enjoy decent BBQ while down there (which we really miss after 2-3 weeks away from KC). The butterfly tent is pretty cool. They also have a playground set up in the grass along the walkway between the Canada side of WS and the Land/Imagination areas that the kids really enjoy.

Do they really do this through May? We go during F&G almost every year and I never knew about this. My kids would love it!
Disney parks blog posted this
Finally, I’m thrilled to announce the return of the Egg-stravaganza to Epcot. From March 1 to May 29 (or while supplies last), search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters and record your discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the specially themed map to represent that location.

Hugs Mel

Disney parks blog posted this
Finally, I’m thrilled to announce the return of the Egg-stravaganza to Epcot. From March 1 to May 29 (or while supplies last), search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters and record your discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the specially themed map to represent that location.

Hugs Mel

This link is taking me to a post from Feb 12, 2016.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...7-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/

Ok, bababear...I see the info you copied and pasted in the ParksBlog 2017 F&G Merch post. I have been looking for info for our upcoming trip thinking our 4 and 8 yr old daughters, and 2 yr old niece and 4 yr old nephew may enjoy. They loved the KidCot stations last trip, having their passports stamped and signed in each country and it gave them something to focus on so we could actually enjoy our stroll too. I'm hoping this something that they can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter