• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flip Flops at WDW- Yay or Nay?

CROCS! CROCS! CROCS!

I don't know if it works for everyone and I DEFINITELY don't have perfect feet - fallen arches and a bunch of other little problems. But, let me sing the praises of Crocs. They have a lot more support than flip flops - they won't make your legs and feet as tired as flip flops will. They are great for water rides or a mid-day thunderstorm - they dry quickly and don't get all squishy. NO BLISTERS! And, if you feel like they are yucky at the end of the day, wash them in the tub and leave them to dry for the next day. I wore them every day with no back pain to show for it even after walking about 10 miles/day!

I wish I could wear flip flops! We all have high arches in our family and I scrunch up my toes weird when I wear them, so...they just don't work.

I also am a runner so I wear 'running shoes' (I would never refer to them as sneakers, regional maybe? but I guess they are)daily but they are cute as far as running shoes go. I suppose.:confused3 I think the 'sporty' look has a certain appeal? If you put it together right. heh

I wore my Crocs Capri flip flops on our last trip to Disney. This was the first trip there that my feet didn't hurt one bit!

I made the mistake of wearing my Rainbows one time...and I'm used to wearing them a LOT. By the end of the first day, my 2nd toe on each foot looked like a grape! :eek: It was soooooo bad! I had to run into one of the stores and buy Disney crocs! It was NOT a fun night!

So, the lesson is...I think you can never be too sure until you try it for yourself. Take several types of shoes (flip flops, tennis shoes, crocs...)and decide as you go what works best for YOU!

I've always worn flip flops or sandals.... with some cushion and support, though..... Adidas ones, crocs, Speedo or Nike sport flip flops..... my feet are used to them and I've never had problems. My dh has tried and he can't do it - gets blisters - so he sticks with tennis shoes.

I wear them all the time at home. So yes I wear them in the parks but they are usually my crocs or something that is just as sturdy. Agree with the sneakers.

I wear Teva and Nike flip flops to disney all the time, but the thin flip flops without arch support would kill my feet and back.

I always wear flip flops. I do bring sneakers but my feet always hurt if I wear them for any length of time in the parks. I agree with others, if you wear them all the time yes, if not you might not like them!

Kelly

I can't wait to wear my flip flops again...:rotfl2: It is 7 outside right now, so FL weather can not come soon enough.

I wore flip flops last year at Disney and the only thing I will not do this time, is buy brand news before we go...that is where I made the mistake.

I may even bring my sneakers this time...:)

I've been to Disney World three times with just good old pairs of Old Navy flip flops and never had any problems. I do however bring a backup pair of shoes should something happen.

Yay for the good Old Navy Flip Flops...I bought some just for our trip. I never once regretted having them as my only shoe, my feet never hurt me once. And I love looking at my tan line across my foot as my WDW vacation memory...LOL

The first time we went I wore sneakers and looked ridiculous with my capris but I didn't have extra money to get cute ones. The second time I wore flipflops and was totally fine but we have a little one so we weren't out all day and night, there were a lot of breaks and semi early evenings. Just walk around a l ot at home before you decide and take the comfy shoes for back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter