Flip Flops at WDW- Yay or Nay?

Drew*smom

Earning My Ears
So, I'm thinking about what I'll be wearing at WDW next month. I will bring my sneakers, I am wondering if I could get away with wearing my cute JCrew flip flops at the parks. Sneakers just seem so sloppy to me....thoughts??

My feet would not survive flip flops at Disney! No way!

I wore my walking shoes (sneakers, I guess) and my crocs. I have some ankle and heel problems, so flat shoes would kill me. Even before those problems plagued me though, I couldn't do flip flops all day walking like that.

I've done the parks in Fit Flops with no problem. However, I will usually use them as my "switch-off" shoes instead of my main shoes and/or wear them around the resort at the pool. Take them---but plan to have another pair of more solid shoes too!

I wear Teva mush flip flops at home all the time, but I don't do fllip flops at Disney. I go for the extra support of tennis shoes. I do notice alot of people in wearing them. I also agree that the sneakers are not so cute.

I have some Clark Springers flip flops and I love them. I, too alternate them with sneakers. Just be sure you bring blister care either way. You never know! :cool1:

I wear them in the parks. Doesn't bother me, but I tend to wear them year round if I can!

I've been to Disney World three times with just good old pairs of Old Navy flip flops and never had any problems. I do however bring a backup pair of shoes should something happen.

YAY! I wore my Clarks Spa flip flops every day of my last trip, I have three colors...love them!

I have walked all over WDW in my Old Navy flops several times. I always bring my Nikes, just in case. I also wear Volatile flops too.

It's been years since I went to Disney but this past summer I walked a lot at another theme park in my Reefs and had no problems!

I cannot stand wearing sneakers in WDW. I always bring a pair...just in case...but I rarely wear them. My feet always seem to swell in my sneakers....probably from standing still in lines...and are killing me by the end of the night. My favorite in Teva Mush:love::love:

If they work for you over a long period of time then why not. I need much better support for my feet/back but that's just a personal thing.

Have a fun trip

I wouldn't wear a pair of the flat cheapo ones down there, but do wear my Teva Mush and Montrail Molokini's down there every trip. I hate tennis shoes and live in flip flops though.

Up untill 2 or 3 years ago I always wore my sneakers in the parks. Then I started wearing my crocs, the crocs were great in the parks. They let your feet breathe a lot more then sneakers but they're still protect your feet more then a flip-flop. Last year I wore flip-flops to the MK one day. It worked out fine for me, but I always wear flip-flops at home so I'm used to them. I'm sure if your feet are used to the flip-flops they'll be fine to wear into the parks.

I only wear flip flops. Just the basic ones. If thats what you wear typically, then it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not a sneaker person.

If you are going to do it, make sure they aren't new ones. I've done that and ended up with blisters.

I wore my Tevas everyday, I didn't even bring other shoes. I live in them during the summer so I knew my feet would be fine in them all day. My dh and kids wore their sneakers and we got caught in a downpour in AK, I was the only one who didn't have to buy new shoes to wear to dinner :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter