• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flip flop lovers! Which are the best fir WDW?

Love my OluKai as well.

I had never heard of these until this thread. I'm at the surf shop at the airport right now and they have a ton. I was drooling over all the flip flops and thinking about this thread lol.

But this trip is for college visits with DS and we are heading north so I have no business buying flip flops right now lol.

I have had a pair of Teva Mush's for over 3 years...the foot area was smooth, now when I go to look for a new pair the foot area is all bumpy/cloth-like...so I got a pair of the Yellow Box flip flops instead, and they work just as good. :)

I had never heard of these until this thread. I'm at the surf shop at the airport right now and they have a ton. I was drooling over all the flip flops and thinking about this thread lol.

But this trip is for college visits with DS and we are heading north so I have no business buying flip flops right now lol.

A friend turned me on to them. I'm not a flip flop wearer ordinarily but the support on the Olukais is awesome. Wore them all vacation last year (beach/walking around town) and they are very comfortable. Cost a little more than your average flip flop but they also last longer than usual (per reviews I've read).

I don't normally like to wear flip-flops to the parks of it's going be very long day. However, I understand that it's a really great thing to have flip-flops when you're in the sun. If you are going going to be in the park for a couple of hours than I'm all for flip-flops One option is to have a pair of flip-flops a change into if you have a day back to wear. That way if you decide that your feet hurt you can put sneakers on and store the flip-flops in your bag. My feet tend to hurt after 10 hour day in the Parks not sure about the rest of you. I also tend to not feel so tired when I'm walking in sneakers for the entire day.

Just my thoughts.

MissDisney121 said:
I absolutely love my sanuks. I have tried wearing other shoes in the parks (tennis shoes, crocs, converses, etc) but I always end up switching back to my sanuks by the second day and wearing them for the rest of the trip. They are just so comfy.

Are they flip flops?

I have a bad Achilles and it can cause PF type of pain or problems. The big meltdown came the summer I wore flipflops all the time, just not enough support and it was too much for my tendons. The only flips I can wear are the Crocs with cushioned sole and support. I don't like the all plastic ones but this one has a cloth type top and I love them.

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-womens-c...d.html?cid=68M&cgid=women-footwear-flip-flops

Better link

http://www.crocs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-crocs_us-Site/default/Search-Show?q=capri

I have worn these to WDW and really all my vacations to wear around the hotel or on short excursions. (I can not wear them for a day at the parks or heavy walking but a few hours of light or moderate walking are doable with my feet)

If people insist on wearing some sort of sandal or flip flop birkenstocks or crocs are best because they are moulded with "some" support. One of the leading causes of plantar fasciitis in younger adults these days is too much flip flop use. Depending on a person's individual body mechanics it will eccentrically load your calves and (as such) achilles tendon and pull on the fascial structures throughout the foot and lower leg. I would never wear flip flops for a whole day at the parks and especially discourage children and teens from doing so. I realize runners can be hot and sweaty especially for water rides but even a built up mesh water shoe from Lands End would be better than flip flops.

On my last trip, I wore my Teva Mush flip flops and they were awesome!!! The ONE and only day I wore tennis shoes, I got a blister! I wear these year round (I live in Texas) and they are the most comfy shoes I own!!

I used to wear Crocs Capris, then I lost one :-)confused3) and got a pair that are similar, but they're all one material (so no cloth straps). Sort of like the Athens, but in the shape of the Capris. I don't see them online so I don't know what they're called.

The last time I wore them to the parks, I got blisters on the tops of my feet where the rubbery strap rubbed. This time, I plan to bring them still, but I'm going to switch each day with a pair of Sanuk Yoga Mat flip flops. They're super comfy and the straps are soft, so I think (hope) it will be okay.

And bringing some cozy Minnetonka "fur"-lined moccasin slippers for when we're back at the room. :goodvibes

I have a bad Achilles and it can cause PF type of pain or problems. The big meltdown came the summer I wore flipflops all the time, just not enough support and it was too much for my tendons. The only flips I can wear are the Crocs with cushioned sole and support. I don't like the all plastic ones but this one has a cloth type top and I love them.

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-womens-c...d.html?cid=68M&cgid=women-footwear-flip-flops

Better link

http://www.crocs.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-crocs_us-Site/default/Search-Show?q=capri

I have worn these to WDW and really all my vacations to wear around the hotel or on short excursions. (I can not wear them for a day at the parks or heavy walking but a few hours of light or moderate walking are doable with my feet)

I have bad PF's and Crocs Capri's are the only thing that save my feet in the parks! :thumbsup2

Love my Olukai the best but my Reef's also do the trick

I love wearing my reef flip flops and my teva's. But I think this year I might wear tennis shoes except for going to Animal Kingdom and MK. :) I wore my rainbows one year and holy smoke my feet were killing me by the end of the day. Never again!

I live in Flip Flops from May to October and I find the Nike Celso the most comfortable. Hard to find them now but they are great. They mold to your feet and I have even worn them on "danglings rides" when I forgot to take them off! (oops) They didn't budge. But I would recommend taking them off.
I can wear flip Flops at WDW and never have to take them off but at Busch Gardens and Universal I tend to have to wear running shoes since so many rides don't allow them.

I think Birkenstocks are the most comfortable. I have 3 different pairs and they come in tons of styles and colours now. They are so comfortable, good for your feet, and never give me blisters. Highly recommend

Yellow Box are my faves!! The have a super cushiony heel. However, I hate wearing them when they get wet. I don't like the squishiness!! This year I bought Teva. Actual Teva, not flip flops. They have a lot of support. They are a new style they just came out with. Great arch support and cushiony heel. I will wear my yellow box around the resort and to dinner and my Teva to the parks.

I have worn a pair of merrell sandals to both DL and WDW and thru an entire pregnancy in retail on my feet I would recommend them to anyone for long days on your feet. They have a running shoe like bottom and support are adjustable when your feet swell and are leather and breathe. This will be my 4th year wearing them everyday from march til Oct everyday and I am only on pair number 2.

Hi all, I am new to board have looked around for tips in past didnt join til today- I have crocs and sketchers I usually wear around the parks, I broke my foot last April and was very afraid of our trip in October for Halloween- crocs and sketchers were surprisingly good for my feet for the long days, you can all laugh at me, but I have to look up Yellow Box/ I have never heard of before!!!

My daughter gave me some Cobian flip flops last year for Mother's day and I love them. I've worn them walking here in Colorado for over 5-6 miles and never had a problem. Going to take a newer pair with me to WDW next month to swap with my tennis shoes.

The Cobian's have a slight wedge and a great arch support and mold to your feet. I found new ones recently at my mall at The FlipFlop Shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter