Flip flop lovers! Which are the best fir WDW?

laurap614

Laurap614
I hate wearing sneakers when it's hot out and typically live in my Reef flip flops once temps hit 70. Does anyone have recommendations on the most comfortable flip flop for WDW?

DH and I love our OluKai flip flops. They are pricier than Reefs, but IMO offer more support. They are also long lasting -- we live in FL and wear flip-flops 3/4 of the year and my first pair still feels great after 2.5 years.

I hate wearing sneakers when it's hot out and typically live in my Reef flip flops once temps hit 70. Does anyone have recommendations on the most comfortable flip flop for WDW?

I wear my Reefs or Tevas in the parks, but I bring my sneakers along. After a couple of days, it feels nice to have more support. Then after a day or half-day of wearing sneaks, it's nice to let my feet breathe again. ;)

I wear the Teva Mush Mandalyn. I just love the Mush footbed, and the strap between the toes doesn't bother at all. I can't walk in flats, so these have just a little wedge to add support. Love them! I bring two pair so I can switch them out if it rains. I live in these things all spring/summer/fall in Maine. I usually buy a new pair about a week before I leave just so they are nice and squishy :thumbsup2

After reading a similar post in preparation for our trip in 28 days(!!!!) I saw a brand called Orthaheel. I ordered a really cute and stylish pair on Amazon. A little pricey but I've been wearing them to get used to them and there is no pain whatsoever! Maybe a slight rubbing between the toes but that's why I'm wearing them now. Awesome support and a really soft, cushy feel.

We adopted our youngest from China in 2007 and I wore Teva’s the entire 20 days and LOVE them! We did tons of walking. Last week I bought sanuk’s, they are also super comfortable and seem to have a tad more support:)

Just got some Reefs from DSW that were amazing on my feet last week on Disney Magic!

I absolutely love my sanuks. I have tried wearing other shoes in the parks (tennis shoes, crocs, converses, etc) but I always end up switching back to my sanuks by the second day and wearing them for the rest of the trip. They are just so comfy.

I have always worn Tevas and Reefs, but recently bought a pair of montrail molokini recovery flips and I love them! You bake them and mold them to your feet. I bought them for after my runs, and they are so comfortable. They also have much more support than reefs or Tevas.

I love Sanuks too. I had 3 pair last summer and our new puppy chewed two, needless to say they have already been replaced for this year. Any other shoe I'd probably not replace or just choose something different but these flip flops are a must for me! They are all put up nice and high now... lesson learned! :thumbsup2
Last trip I thought it would be too much walking for sandals of any type but then I realized just how much more hot/humid FL is than where we live in Coastal NC, my feet were so hot and swollen by lunch. The 2nd day I brought them along in our bag and switched into them, day 3 I left the sneakers in the room and wore my Sanuks the rest of the trip... something about walking on a yoga mat that is super comfy lol ;). We don't walk the parks at marathon speed so having something comfy that my feet could breathe in during the heat was nice and on water rides (splash mountain!) I appreciated not having soaking wet socks :lmao:

I hate wearing sneakers at any time unless I'm running. I have been wearing Teva Olawahu's at the parks for the last 8 years or so. They have criss-crossy straps on top so they don't slip and an arch and they are squishy. I do bring crocs to alternate, but mostly wear my Tevas.

I've never worn them at WDW but here is another vote for Sanuks. They are amazingly comfortable and full of cushion.

I live in flip flops pretty much year around. Before developing plantar fasciitis several years ago I swore by Teva Mush and Teva Ulani, Nike Celso, Reefs, Yellow Box, and Sanuck Yoga Mats. Once I devleoped Plantar Fasciitis though I thought my flip flops days were over. However, loving them as I do, I refused to give up and went on a quest to find the perfect flip flop that would give my PF the support it required. I finally discovered the OluKai Ohanas and have never looked back. I own over 100 pairs of flip flops, but the OluKai Ohanas are the most comfortable pairs I own. Others that I like are the Cobian Leather Bounce, Sketcher Tone Ups, Flojos Exena, Orthoheel Tide or Wave, Fit Flops, Yellow Box Jello C, Montrail Molokini, and Volatile Keralees (not fond of the other Volatiles though). Nothing compares to my beloved OluKai Ohanas though. I always take at least two pairs down there and like to switch them out with a pair of Sketcher Tone Ups or Cobian Leather Bounce.

Crocs Athens flip flops have always been our favorites. We can wear them at disney all day with no pain

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Crocs Athens flip flops have always been our favorites. We can wear them at disney all day with no pain

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Exactly what I was going to say. Also have another pair that I think were called Flipswitch (I could be wrong), Cross switch? also by crocs, comfiest things ever!! Much comfier than traditional crocs and they are very comfy.

mo x

I wore my old navy flip flops and I had no problems at all... I also use band-aids blister blocker on the parts that would possibly rub. :)

When I went last February, I chose awful shoes. Or maybe I was just not used to being on my feet so much. I was in some serious pain, though. On day 3 or 4, I bought a pair of the Crocs Mickey flip flops. They helped get me through it.

However, over last summer, they were a back saver for me. I have spinal arthritis in my lumbar and c-spine both. For the summer, we did season passes to a small semi-local theme park. We did a LOT of walking, a lot of time on my feet, and my back rarely hurt at all if I wore my crocs.

Not sure if they're better than or even equal to the brands others have mentioned, as I've never tried them. However, they worked great for me when I started off wearing them before my feet were killing me. ;)

After I got home from Disney, my feet hurt horrible for almost a week- instant pain the moment I got out of bed and stood on them. :( It was pretty bad. I'm pretty sure I have plantar's faciatis, but never brought it up to my doctor. I am hoping to have much better shoes next time.

I did notice once I had the crocs, that my feet didn't hurt as bad if I switched out during the day from 1 to the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter