Flickr

Tancread

Earning My Ears
Thanks for the new forum, I will be an avid reader here as a photography buff and a big Disney fan. There is also a nice group over a Flickr for Disney Theme Park shots, it can be found at Disney Theme Parks Best Shots . I haven't posted anything to that group yet, but I am headed down to WDW tomorrow and will post my best shots when I am back.

Thanks for the post and welcome. I would recommend checking out the PhotoPost area of the DISBoards as there are some great shots posted on line from members. We hope to utilize this area for posting on-line photo galleries that we can use for equipment testing, photographer training, and just sharing some great shots with others. The key of course will be users such as yourself who make this an active community. I look forward to seeing the photos everyone shares with the group.

Jeff

Has anybody else seens this? I just found out about it the other day and have been having a lot of fun geotagging my images and searching for images by proximity to where my shots were taken.

If you are not familiar with Flickr geotagging, it is a way to drag your images on to a map (either a plain map or a satellite image map) to show exactly where the shots were taken. It allows you to zoom in close enough to place your shots very precisely. I have been able to put my Disney shots in pretty much in the exact location I was standing when I took them.

It's just another reason why I think Flickr is by far the best phot site out there. They just come up with so many things that nobody else ever thought of.

Check it out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisco/map.

smugmug has been doing that as well though I have not tried it....

I want a huge areal photo of the WDW property!
Mikeeeee

Smugmug has been doing that for quite a while now. I much prefer smugmug to Flickr. However, the smugmug interface for geotagging photos isn't very good.

The best option is to use a GPS and marry the GPS data with your photos. A program called RoboGeo does just that. You synchronize the time on your GPS with your phone. Keep the GPS on all day while you take pictures. When you get home, dump the photos and GPS data onto your computer and RoboGeo will update the photos with the lat/long/altitude info from the GPS.

MarkBarbieri said:
Smugmug has been doing that for quite a while now. I much prefer smugmug to Flickr. However, the smugmug interface for geotagging photos isn't very good.

The best option is to use a GPS and marry the GPS data with your photos. A program called RoboGeo does just that. You synchronize the time on your GPS with your phone. Keep the GPS on all day while you take pictures. When you get home, dump the photos and GPS data onto your computer and RoboGeo will update the photos with the lat/long/altitude info from the GPS.

I prefer SmugMug as well. It's easier to organize, comment on, and tag photos there, therefore things are better organized. Flickr is too much of a stream of consciousness as a result.

pisco said:
I had no idea that SmugMug was doing this. I have never used the site so I just missed it.

As for huge aerials of the WDW properties check this site out: http://coffeejedi.darkimage.net/disney.php.

Or download Google Earth and load the placemarker file from here. It's got a huge number of placemarkers for spots in and around WDW. Pretty much every attraction, restuarant, and building in each resort and park. Also has each golf hole marked and other cool stuff like the fireworks bunker.

I think it is pretty cool. So cool I may use it for a photo project my DS wantes to do. He's 5 and wants to send a camera around to our friends in the different places that we used to live. I need to buy a really cheap digital camera or send disposials.

I am Lachesis00 over on Flickr. I love seeing new pics if you guys want to share your user ID's. ;)

I am on Flickr too.

I am toobachick -- I have posted a little bit of everything.....

:thumbsup2

I added ya! :) I never use to use Flickr but I am more and more for my favorite photos :)

I have a small portfolio on Flickr, with a very guess-able username ;-)

-- Matthew

I posted a new Disney photography group and you're all invited to join. If you're not a flickr member how about signing up (it's free) so you can join the group. I've been having lots of fun with flickr - but it needs some new Disney blood!

I have a flickr site. There´s a link to it in my signature. There are no Disney pics there yet, but definately will be by the end of next month and then I´d also love to post some on the group flickr site.

Your pics are amazing! I absoloutly love the underwater photos. Did you dive or snorkel?

Scuba is the ONLY way to go. Amazing life down there, and being right there with the life is SOO much better than looking down on them!!

Need to post more pictures (Disney included) on the flicker account now that I upgraded to the "pro" account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter