• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extenders?

I just finished our fish extender for our cruise,...I think it turned out really good

2012-06-30_20-25-54_36 by tpers, on Flickr

I'll say!!!! Looks fantastic! Where did you get your appliques? And how did you do the lettering? Did you use an embroidery machine? Sorry for all the questions, but I am struggling to find a way to personalize my family's FE without hand or machine embroidering.

You did an incredible job -- one of the nicest I have seen!

I'll say!!!! Looks fantastic! Where did you get your appliques? And how did you do the lettering? Did you use an embroidery machine? Sorry for all the questions, but I am struggling to find a way to personalize my family's FE without hand or machine embroidering.

One of my co-workers, who I love dearly (although I might be totally biased because she was the RN that took care of me in the ER when I had my first ever migraine, and she made the feeling of death go away. Anyways...), gave me a an old school, 1950s Mickey patch. So I'm putting it on my FE. The point is I've found some really cute patches. Try Joann's or local craft stores.

Thanks....I do have an embroidery machine
I sent you a message

Here is a pic of the FE I made for m sister and nephew . . .

100_2113.jpg

Just finished our Fish Extender using the no sew directions posted somewhere here.

I can't post a photo now but will do that when we get home.

Just wanted to say, clearly 'no sewing' is not anymore my strength than sewing!:rotfl2:

I thought I followed the directions but somehow our pockets are much bigger than they should be!

Also, I really had a tough time with the iron on binding or whatever it's called...so resorted to staples and a glue gun!!!

No staples showing and no glue gun residue!

It also came out wider than it should be...10"...I hope that's not a problem!

We sail on the Magic on Sunday!

I am happy with it...it really looks nice...but truth be told, it may have been easier to buy one!

I love it! Did you use a dowel at the top? I am making ours today. Leaving Sunday. Nothing like last minute huh?!

No, I punched holes and used eyelets to reinforce. I've never made one with a dowel, I've used the eyelets/buttons/ribbons to hang all the FE's I've made . . . you can see pix on the Fish Extender page on FB, if you want to see others I've made

Getting ready to make a few with some patriotic materials, too.

Just finished our Fish Extender using the no sew directions posted somewhere here.

I can't post a photo now but will do that when we get home.

Just wanted to say, clearly 'no sewing' is not anymore my strength than sewing!:rotfl2:

I thought I followed the directions but somehow our pockets are much bigger than they should be!

Also, I really had a tough time with the iron on binding or whatever it's called...so resorted to staples and a glue gun!!!

No staples showing and no glue gun residue!

It also came out wider than it should be...10"...I hope that's not a problem!

We sail on the Magic on Sunday!

I am happy with it...it really looks nice...but truth be told, it may have been easier to buy one!

I don't think there is a "rule" that states how wide a FE needs to be . . .

I finished mine last night and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The best part is that I had absolutely everything I needed, right down to the iron on transfer paper, in my stash - except for the black and white polka dot material which was a fat quarter I got at Walmart for 97cents.

I chose not to personalize it now since my cast of characters will be changing cruise to cruise. When I do, I'll probably print out and laminate the CM cruise ID tags that the designers on the DISign board personalize for people and then attach a safety pin to the back and attach to a pocket.

fe.jpg

Just a friendly reminder to everyone. The DIS board cannot be used to sell merchandise. If you want to purchase any items from a person, ALL discussion must be done outside of the boards.

I am not saying that you can't buy from someone, just take it off the boards.

BTW, my FE was handcrafted by someone other than myself. :) :)

Also - sorry the auditor in me has to remind people to remember that the sell of copyrighted materials is a violation of law. And the owners of said copyrights do visit these boards.

I finished mine last night and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The best part is that I had absolutely everything I needed, right down to the iron on transfer paper, in my stash - except for the black and white polka dot material which was a fat quarter I got at Walmart for 97cents.

I chose not to personalize it now since my cast of characters will be changing cruise to cruise. When I do, I'll probably print out and laminate the CM cruise ID tags that the designers on the DISign board personalize for people and then attach a safety pin to the back and attach to a pocket.

fe.jpg

Really cute:)

Does anyone no where the thread is to show what type of gifts people are getting in there FE. I need some ideas. I have ten months to get it together before we sail.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter