Fish Extenders?

WOW! This is sooo cool! I'll be taking my 1st Disney Cruise next Summer and I so badly hope that someone puts together a list :)

Thank you for sharing the pictures and the awesome info on FE

Ktalina

You can always be the one who puts together the list. :) I took the lead on getting the list going for our Alaska cruise because I really wanted to make sure it happened. Now we have a decent size group participating--especially considering how small a group we have on our meet thread.

There are so many fabulous Fish extenders! I cannot wait to start making ours for our first cruise in January :yay:

Thanks for sharing the Facebook link on FE's and gift ideas! It came in very handy for this newbie!

Hi! My parents are going with us and some of my kids are staying with them. How does it work if you are a multi-room family? I'm thinking of signing us up and would bring all of the goodies so my parents wouldn't have to. Would I bring one set to exchange - or would I need to bring two different sets of gifts (one for them to give out and one for us to give out)? I could also see that being a challenge as we receive different things on different days...... Just wondering because I'm sure we're not the first multi-room family to participate.

Thx
Sue
First Disney Cruise!! And I can't wait!!

There's no wrong way. If it were me, I would bring stuff from both rooms but that's just me. Have fun with it :)

Hi! My parents are going with us and some of my kids are staying with them. How does it work if you are a multi-room family? I'm thinking of signing us up and would bring all of the goodies so my parents wouldn't have to. Would I bring one set to exchange - or would I need to bring two different sets of gifts (one for them to give out and one for us to give out)? I could also see that being a challenge as we receive different things on different days...... Just wondering because I'm sure we're not the first multi-room family to participate.

Thx
Sue

It would really be up to the people in your group. Your safest bet would be to give gifts from both cabins.

Thx
Sue

Well, it sounds like you're signing up as two different rooms since you're saying you'd bring everything so your parents wouldn't have to. In which case, others participating in your exchange will have to gift to both of the rooms you're signing up. To me, that would mean the fair thing to do would be to gift from both rooms as well.

Completely agree! On my cruise we had 3 multi cabin families and we did not specify that gifts would be expected from each cabin participating. So in the end, we gave to 17 cabins but only received from 14. I kind of thought it would be a given that if you put out 2 extenders you'd give from each but apparently not.

Thx
Sue

I have 4 children, so we don't fit in one cabin. We are still one family and give FE gifts as one family.

I agree that grandparents in a separate cabin should be considered a separate family though.

Hi! :wave2: We are a small family of 3...on our last cruise a few other families had more than one stateroom. However...They ARE still ONE family.

Families should not have to contribute according to the amount of stateroom they have.

Lets not take the JOY of GIVING away from the great experience of FE Gifts exchanging.:flower3:

However, If my mother was going or my In-Laws...they can choose whether or not they want to participate.

To avoid confusion...if I had more than 3 kids and the rest were staying with my mother in her stateroom, I would hang their FE pockets in my stateroom.

Some families can barely afford the cruise. Let's be thankful for what we have.

BTW ~ please dont misinterpret my caps...I use caps to emphasize on something, not yelling...lol...I dont yell :)

both my mother and i wanted to sign up in my room its me my dh my ds and a dd in my mothers room its her my dad my sister and my other ds. i did sign us up together because i assume that my dd and my sister will be doing the deliveries together... but we are both including something for everyone... actually for the kids we are giving several things each... and more than 2 things for each adult as well... and it's better stuff than either of us would have given alone!
so i'm hoping no one in our fe group thinks we are trying to get off easy! and i'm hoping that they will include both rooms when giving!

Hello everyone! My husband and I did our first Disney cruise on the "Dream" last summer & we just booked the "Fantasy" for July '13. I have always been really into door decorating in WDW but I never knew this sort of thing existed on the DCL.

Questions:
- Where do I go to join a FE group for my sailing?
- Do you do one gift per stateroom or one gift per person in the stateroom? [I see some people have pockets with family member names on them]

Thanks!

Hello everyone! My husband and I did our first Disney cruise on the "Dream" last summer & we just booked the "Fantasy" for July '13. I have always been really into door decorating in WDW but I never knew this sort of thing existed on the DCL.

Questions:
- Where do I go to join a FE group for my sailing?
- Do you do one gift per stateroom or one gift per person in the stateroom? [I see some people have pockets with family member names on them]

Thanks!

Your questions are answered about 150 times throughout these discussions, and I don't say that to scold you AT ALL but to encourage you to read through these threads yourself because you will learn so much about what FE's are, ideas for making your own FE, ideas for gift giving, the hows and whyfors. There is a wealth of info that you will get from that that maybe you didn't even think to ask!

That said, go to the Disney Cruise Meets board and look for your cruise dates to see if a group has been organized yet:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

The types of gifts given is entirely up to the givers. Some people give one gift per cabin, some give individualized gifts to adults vs. kids, others give individual gifts to every person in the room...it's up to you! You may get further instructions from your FE group organizers, since every one is done a little differently. Some have rules about the gifts given, times the gifts are distributed, etc. So join your cruise meetup group and see what's what!

I only just learned about FE's for our upcoming cruise a couple months back. I have learned a ton from all the discussion threads, and I hope you find some great hints and tips in your reading as well!

Didn't see you'd posted here too until after I'd replied to the other thread.... but I'll post here too just in case.

As with the gifts, there's already a facebook page for the FEs. The link is buried in this thread somewhere.

For making it, I was just going to take 4 pieces of fabric, 1 shorter than the next, all 10" wide and the longest 15" long. Stack the longest on the bottom and then the shortest on top of that, lining up at the bottom. Next the second and third shortest. Then I staple them with industrial stapler for large stacks of paper. I have one at work. You can sew it if you want, I just found this easier. Once all bound, just turn it right side out. The bottom one will the the back and the second/shortest one will be the front. Iron it flat and add iron on decals.
If you have stiffer fabric for the back one it will make it hang straighter.
I added a nice nylon rope through one of the holes between the staples, ran it up to a large dowel that I cut a couple notches in, and it was done.

Hope this helps and thanks for any info.

Sounds easy... Photo please!!!!

Didn't see you'd posted here too until after I'd replied to the other thread.... but I'll post here too just in case.

As with the gifts, there's already a facebook page for the FEs. The link is buried in this thread somewhere.

As I responded on the other thread, I am well aware there is s FB page *only* for FE's.

The FB page I mentioned is for *all* handmade Disney items.

Folks here are super creative and make far more than just FE's and FE gifts!

It's nice to have a place where everything can be shared all together. :goodvibes

FB is also a good place for posting pictures to share here. It's much easier to share from than some of the photo hosting sites!

Okay, I know there are certain rules on this board, but...

Let's say I want to just browse :angel: the Disney appliques, you know, for creativity's sake. :bitelip: I have found some online at Joann's, Ebay, Etsy, and other sites. However, I still haven't found some of the ones I have seen on the fish extenders- Captain Mickey, DCL boats, the DCL logo come to mind.

Would anyone be so kind as to give me some ideas or steer me in the direction?

Okay, I know there are certain rules on this board, but...

Let's say I want to just browse :angel: the Disney appliques, you know, for creativity's sake. :bitelip: I have found some online at Joann's, Ebay, Etsy, and other sites. However, I still haven't found some of the ones I have seen on the fish extenders- Captain Mickey, DCL boats, the DCL logo come to mind.

Would anyone be so kind as to give me some ideas or steer me in the direction?

Are you looking for the actual finished applique, or the embroidery files to do it yourself? I know where to purchase the embroidery "patterns", but not the actual finished product.

Are you looking for the actual finished applique, or the embroidery files to do it yourself? I know where to purchase the embroidery "patterns", but not the actual finished product.

Ooooooohhhhhhhh.....well, I meant the finished appliques.

So, you think the ones I was talking about Captain Mickey and whatnot, those aren't actual appliques but embroidery?

Well, I'll take what you can give me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter