Fish Extenders?

Not just for DVC members! Anyone (even first time cruisers like me!) can participate or even organize the FE

AFAIK, the only exception to the "fish" are concierge on the Dream since the area is "gated"

I was told by someone who asked DCL that the concierge gates are left open during the day, but are locked in the evening/night. So FE gifts would just need to be distributed to them during the day. :thumbsup2

I was told by someone who asked DCL that the concierge gates are left open during the day, but are locked in the evening/night. So FE gifts would just need to be distributed to them during the day. :thumbsup2

I am on the concierge for my cruise and am actually organizing the FE. If for some reason the gates are locked when you go to deliver the FE gift, you can leave it at guest services and they will deliver it to the room for you. So no worries, the concierge guests can participate as well!

So I made my FE today.

I'm going on the 9/20 Wonder repositioning cruise with my best friend Donna. Our husbands are going to Palm Springs for a week of golf and since neither one of us golf, we decided to cruise instead.

I thought it turned out really nice. I found all of the items I needed at either Joann's or Michael's. Total cost 14 dollars. I sewed the FE ( I'm not a seamstress, but do do machine quilting and I do have a very nice machine :goodvibes ). I do not embroider, so I purchased Disney Scrapbooking items at the above stores and glued them on.

So give it a try... I'm glad I did. The ones on ETSY and EBAY are great. But I saved over $30, enjoyed making it and it's ORIGINAL.:smickey:

Great job. I love the home made ones better than the ones you can buy. I know the purchased ones are usually nicer than most of the home made versions, but there's a lot of saticfaction in making your own. My daughter and I are finishing up ours that we did together. She loved the idea from the get go and I'm the Disney freak in our house. So it's been a great Daddy/Daughter project for our cruise in October.

Way to go!!!

I LOVE your FE!!!! And I do agree that there is something really special about all of the personal touches of the homemade ones. The ones that you buy on etsy or ebay are beautiful, and made with care by an actual human being - which is GREAT - IMO, but the uniqueness of something that is made out of excitement and family fun is the BEST!!:dance3:

So is this just for DVC members only? Or can everyone participate? And also, do all stateroom levels have the fish??

Gotta love newbies :)

anyone can participate. The fish is a brass knob plaque??? I guess is how you would describe it and everyone has one next to their door. People make bags to hang on them. The FE exchange is like a combiniation of trick or treating/secret santa. It's always fun to receive presents and delivering things gives the kids and I something to do in the mornings. Oriental trading, Christmas tree shops, $ stores are good ideas. Don't spend a ton of money, most people do trinkets. I am not organizing it this year though.

Richelle:wizard:

I think your FE is great! Love the blue fabric also.

I did buy ours from someone on etsy, but I love crafting, I just don't have the time.

Good job!

So I made my FE today.

I'm going on the 9/20 Wonder repositioning cruise with my best friend Donna. Our husbands are going to Palm Springs for a week of golf and since neither one of us golf, we decided to cruise instead.

I thought it turned out really nice. I found all of the items I needed at either Joann's or Michael's. Total cost 14 dollars. I sewed the FE ( I'm not a seamstress, but do do machine quilting and I do have a very nice machine :goodvibes ). I do not embroider, so I purchased Disney Scrapbooking items at the above stores and glued them on.

So give it a try... I'm glad I did. The ones on ETSY and EBAY are great. But I saved over $30, enjoyed making it and it's ORIGINAL.:smickey:

photo-20.jpg

I LOVE your FE!! Great job! Are those scrapbooking stickers you used? So cute!

I LOVE your FE!! Great job! Are those scrapbooking stickers you used? So cute!

You did a WONDERFUL JOB~~!
congratulations.
I am busy trying to round up my FE GIfts for everyone. That has been a FUN addition to my Cruise preparations.
Happy Planning!
cheers,susan

You did a WONDERFUL JOB~~!
congratulations.
I am busy trying to round up my FE GIfts for everyone. That has been a FUN addition to my Cruise preparations.
Happy Planning!
cheers,susan

this was for diane who did a great job on her FE
:)

I wish someone would do an instructional Youtube video especially of the no sew type. I'm doing this with my daugter as a fun dad/daughter project and I have no idea what double fold bias tape, iron on interlacing, or what heat and bond no sew hem is:)

But she's bound and determine we make this baby ourselves so I'm willing to give it the old college try. It may cost me $100 to make it, but we'll get it done eventually. I have to admit you guys have given me plenty of inspiration with your wonderful designs. Thanks for that!!!

:wizard:, Don't feel bad, I felt the same way last year, but was able to make ours. I took a few pictures from on here and the no-sew instructions to the fabric store and said help!!!! The lady at the fabric store pointed me in the right direction.

Now I was not spending alot of money so I did not buy that backing stuff. So I got real creative, I used some old stiff place matts to give it some body, and an old sheet then, the Princess and the Frog material to cover the front and pockets....sounds crazy I know but by the time I was done it was so cute...(One of the girls in our group made them for many in our group, so she guided me through the process, I'd send her pix on my phone on my work in progress.)

So I say all this to say.... With a little Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust you too can do it.... NOW IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THE PICTURE I WILL SHOW YOU OURS!!!! NOW THATS THE HARD PART:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm not very crafty, but I did make these (thanks to Jordak and his designs).
I got for $1 from Target these over the door organizers.
It worked great!

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

I'm not very crafty, but I did make these (thanks to Jordak and his designs).
I got for $1 from Target these over the door organizers.
It worked great!

I did a similar thing but bought 3 small canvas bags from the dollar store and covered them with fabric, trim etc.. How wide was yours?? I read somewhere that they should be 8" max (I made one last year and it was about that but the one I just made is a little wider)..Thanks.,.

I'm also curious about the right width to make them - if they are too wide, do they not fit right in their spot next to the door?

Yes! I would like to know this too! What's the WIDEST you can make it and still have it fit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter