Fish Extenders?

I wouldn't do over 9 inches if you are having a dowl (or anything stiff) at the top of the FE. Wider would be OK if it is soft fabric (like a tote bag) that will drape.

The fish is on an angled wall and you wouldn't want anything stiff poking out into the hallway.

I wouldn't do over 9 inches if you are having a dowl (or anything stiff) at the top of the FE. Wider would be OK if it is soft fabric (like a tote bag) that will drape.

The fish is on an angled wall and you wouldn't want anything stiff poking out into the hallway.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes1:

I've got some fabric that would be PERFECT for this!!! But the pattern on the fabric is 12" wide. Thinking.... thinking.... thinking....

Any advice on how to make this work w/o having it stick out into the hallway would be most appreciated!!! ::yes::

EDIT: This is for the Wonder.

And if you are making an FE for the Dream/Fantasy the width is about 2-3 inches narrower.

I'm in the process of making my FE for our upcoming cruise --- how do ya'all get those mickey heads at the end of the dowels. I just love it, Only dowels i've seen in the craft stores are balls....

Thanks!!!

I'm in the process of making my FE for our upcoming cruise --- how do ya'all get those mickey heads at the end of the dowels. I just love it, Only dowels i've seen in the craft stores are balls....

Thanks!!!

If it has a ball on the end, you can add two more smaller balls to each end for ears. :)

If it has a ball on the end, you can add two more smaller balls to each end for ears. :)

TY!!

They didn't look like 2 balls, more like flat circles.. I'm sure I can maneuver something..

I'm not too good at sewing, so I'm playing around with some fabric today, i'm going to 'no sew' it :)

Thanks!!!

I used a ball and my dh cut two slots in the top and I glued 2 flat circles into the slots. I will try to take a pic and post. After I assembled them I painted them so that everything blended. I also trimed the end so that the circle fit in the slot better.

Thank you.

I made 2 pockets tonight and iron'ed on 2 mickey ears with our name, I am a tad dissapointed with one of the pockets, i'm not sewing, i'm taping/iron transfer hem stuff ;) hehe but the iron on transfers are made for lighter fabrics and I chose red, etc.

Thank you.

I made 2 pockets tonight and iron'ed on 2 mickey ears with our name, I am a tad dissapointed with one of the pockets, i'm not sewing, i'm taping/iron transfer hem stuff ;) hehe but the iron on transfers are made for lighter fabrics and I chose red, etc.

I also did the no-sew version and I did mine in black, but I did use the transfer paper that was for dark fabric. I also did some embellishing on the transfers with fabric paint and made it a little more vibrant.

Yup, think i'm off to staples tomorrow to buy the transfer dark paper instead... I like the look of the red fabric better than the yellow I had...

I never did transfers before, it's fun, and i like it, it's a learning process ;)
Plus the mickey ears are black too, so didn't want black fabric.. but on the red it would stick out great. I might just toss the 2 pockets i did and buy a package of transfers for dark...

Can I see yours, do you have a picture?

Yup, think i'm off to staples tomorrow to buy the transfer dark paper instead... I like the look of the red fabric better than the yellow I had...

I never did transfers before, it's fun, and i like it, it's a learning process ;)
Plus the mickey ears are black too, so didn't want black fabric.. but on the red it would stick out great. I might just toss the 2 pockets i did and buy a package of transfers for dark...

Can I see yours, do you have a picture?

I will get one asap. My pockets are decorated in gold, so on the black it really popped.

I used the same starry night fabric - it made me think of the night sky out at sea :) Love how you used it -- when my pockets are done I'll post a pic :)

So I made my FE today.

I'm going on the 9/20 Wonder repositioning cruise with my best friend Donna. Our husbands are going to Palm Springs for a week of golf and since neither one of us golf, we decided to cruise instead.

I thought it turned out really nice. I found all of the items I needed at either Joann's or Michael's. Total cost 14 dollars. I sewed the FE ( I'm not a seamstress, but do do machine quilting and I do have a very nice machine :goodvibes ). I do not embroider, so I purchased Disney Scrapbooking items at the above stores and glued them on.

So give it a try... I'm glad I did. The ones on ETSY and EBAY are great. But I saved over $30, enjoyed making it and it's ORIGINAL.:smickey:

photo-20.jpg

I have a question. :)

I have noticed a few people "pleat" the pockets of their FE's. What do you use to do that? Do you sew it that way or do you use some sort of product to make it "stick out" like that?!

I'm wanting to use some images that are 12" so I want to pleat it to make it the recommended 9" but I don't know how to do this. Can anyone help me?! :confused3

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2760485

This is a link to a post I did about my own fish extender. I am no expert seamstress, but managed to put something together. I included a link to two youtube videos that really helped me with the overall structure and the pleats. Hope it works and hope its helpful :)

Thanks! :)

I watched the second video. I'm not sure I completely understand, but I'm going to give it my best shot tomorrow! LOL! :)

Okay - working on my FE for about 2 days on and off when I feel.. I'm making a no sew one, as I'm not a good machinist...

I've been using some hem tape, etc... had the best intentions and knew what I wanted to do.

I've made 4 pockets for us being a family of 4 - spent time making iron-on's.. pleating these pockets putting on some ribbon... and I DISLIKE what i'm doing so much ... GRRRR!!!
I just had to vent.. ;)

I am going to take a breather from it tonight and maybe buy some different fabric, keeping it all the same color and leaving it at that.

I think my FE is going to turn out really nicely! :love: I will probably finish it tomorrow. Will post pics when it's done! :banana:

I'm not very crafty, but I did make these (thanks to Jordak and his designs).
I got for $1 from Target these over the door organizers.
It worked great!

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

You did a great job! Could you tell me when did you buy this at Target and in what area did you find it, I went int there today and didnt see any like yours! TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter