First week in February for DVC resorts??

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
How high of a demand is there for DVC during the first week of February? More so for a standard view studio at the AKL? Thought about looking into renting points, but doubt I could commit no earlier than 3 months out, so I am highly doubtful I could rent one that late in the game.

You never know. DH and I went for a long weekend the first weekend in Feb. and was able to get a lake view at BLT but I know it was all timing and we were lucky. We booked it 2 months out. There is a chance with AKL but maybe Savannah view. Saratoga is always a last resort although I won't say it is guaranteed.

The first week in February is a relatively slow booking period for DVC resorts and IMO, you have a pretty good chance at a standard studio in the Kidani building for that time. You won't know until you actually try. Good luck!

Except for some risk otherwise during a few very high DVC demand times in the last quarter of the year, Kidani standard view has been open at 7 months out year round, and for first part of February through the Thursday before Presidents' Day, DVC's lowest demand time of the year, it has been mostly open as late as three months out but if you can make reservation at least five months out your chances will be almost certain.

You would probably be able to get that! We easily got 1 BR lake view at BLT less than 7 months out. Good luck!

For late January which has similar demands I was able to get a standard AK studio at 60 days with points in holding (I had to change our dates in January to different dates so I cancelled and rebooked with holding points in 1 phone call. The biggest thing you will find is that if their is not an exact match you want as a rentee you don't have much time if an owner is willing to deal with waitlisting and such.

So there is more availability at Kidani than at Jambo? Really have my heart set for Jambo, plus I really need to run the numbers as to whether or not I will save much money with renting vs. a Disney discount, stacked with a Orbitz discount. I would also have to add in the cost of some trip insurance as well with a DVC rental where the other has a great cancellation policy. Hmmmmm........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter