First Trip Home - An AKV Value Room With a Potty Training Toddler(Trip Cost Added!)

Great trip report - thanks for sharing - brings back some potty training memories from many years ago - especially the part of getting fingers stuck in the door. Glad you ended up liking AKV - sounds like you had a great time.

lilpooh108 said:
Loved the rest of your TR! Good job w/the potty training! It was cute to read about your son smelling all of the stuffed animals :lmao:

Sorry to hear that your trip to Blizzard Beach was not fun. DD also hates water hitting her head. I would have been :sad: if i had to pay $15 for a locker. Didn't realize it was that expensive!

Thanks for the tip about not putting a child in the middle of the sofa bed.

Hope your upcoming January trip goes well!

Thanks for reading! I thought I would mention about the pull out sofa because the logical place to put a kid would be right in the middle. Sounds like we have exactly the same kid in so many ways!

bdoleary said:
Great trip report - thanks for sharing - brings back some potty training memories from many years ago - especially the part of getting fingers stuck in the door. Glad you ended up liking AKV - sounds like you had a great time.

Thanks for reading. Yeah, closing his fingers in the door was not one of my finer moments.

So I took a few minutes to figure out exactly how much we spent this trip and how much we spent on food. In particular I was interested in whether or not the meal plan would have been cheaper based on the way we would naturally eat. The counter service meal plan is most similar to our eating style as we don't like to sit for long with our toddler. The counter service plan for 2 adults would have been $419.88 for two adults, which includes 2 counter service meals plus a snack each day. We ended up spending a total of $438.00 on food. I think we made out better than the meal plan because we ate 3 full meals a day, fed a toddler, and ate at least two snacks a day per person. The $438 also included 2 beers. This confirms for me that the meal plan is not for us right now, and I have been wondering this for a while so I'm glad I took the time to figure everything out.

Including food we ended up spending $1067 this trip. This includes a rental car, Blizzard Beach tickets, gas, and copious amounts of souvenirs. This does not include regular park tickets because we have annual passes, nor does it include the expense for the room/dvc dues. Our flights this trip were free on Southwest using miles.

Here is the complete breakdown for a family of three (toddler 2.8) Sorry that its a little ugly:

Food
Grocery Winn Dixie 167.00

Counter Service
Kidani Pool Bar (2 Tandoori Chicken Salads) 20.01
Earl of Sandwich (2 Sandwiches, 1 BPJ, 1 Strawberry Shortcake) 19.13
Mara (1 Chicken Pita, 1 Bacon Cheese Burger, 1 Chicken Tender Meal) 28.83
Mara (Child Mac N Cheese) 6.38
Mara (Chile Meal) 6.33
Epcot La Cantina 20.76
MK Pinocchios 18.51
Mara (1 Bacon Cheese Burger) 10.01
Room Service (Seafood Stew, 2 Desserts) 59.69
SubTotal 189.65

Snacks
HS Beverly Sunset ( 2 chocolate marshmellow sticks) 10.63
DTD Goofy's Candy (Rice Crispy Treat, PB Cup,Graham snack, pretzels) 18.51
Epcot Germany (Rice Crispy Treat, Sea Salt Choc. Caramel Square) 9.04
Epcot Germany (Rice Crispy Treat, Sea Salt Choc. Caramel Square X2) 13.29
MK Cart (Popcorn Bucket) 5.25
SubTotal 56.72

Alchohol
Kidani Pool (2X Safari Amber) 15.85

Drinks
Kidani Pool (slushie) 6.32
Epcot Icecream cart 2.50
SubTotal 8.82
--------------------------------------
Food Total 438.04
--------------------------------------
Souvenirs
Kermit Hat 23.91
Nemo + Daisy 41.12
Mickey Baseball Hat 20.83
Mickey Ears + Embroidery 19.12
2X Oswald Ears 32.50
2X Oswald Embroidery 14.91
Bath Toys 17.20
Minnie Mouse Plush 25.52
Leather Bracelet 10.60
SubTotal 205.71
-------------------------------------------
Transportation
Rental Car 109.00
Gas 35.00
------------------------------------------
Park Tickets Blizzard Beach x2 110.76
------------------------------------------
Miscellaneous
Swim Diapers x2 3.95
Locker + Towerl Rental 21.00
Walgreen etc 20.00
-------------------------------------------
Grand Total 1067.46

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter