First Timer QS Dining Plan

There's definitely more than run-of-the-mill burgers and sandwiches, but you have to know where to look. The best thing to do is look through all the quick service dining location menus. The Disney site itself is probably the best place to check for the most current menus, and then check here for additional info/details or google for images of the meals. Many of the QS menus have been updated with what I find to be more interesting/unique options over the past 2-3 years, and some even more recently.

This lists all the places that accept QS credits (then you can just click on the restaurant name and then there's a "menu" link on the right):
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/2015-quick-service-dining-plan/

Downtown Disney has some great stuff, too. Cookes of Dublin, Earl of Sandwich, in addition to the already-mentioned Wolfgang Puck. Earl of Sandwich has some amazing sandwiches.

Contempo Cafe @ Contemporary has some good QS offerings, too (like pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy). It's not unreasonable to take a quick trip over there when you're at the MK, then monorail back over afterwards. Any of the monorail resorts, really; they all have some very good QS options, so you're not limited to the parks all the time.

At DHS I'd recommend Starring Rolls (nice big sandwiches, good dessert selection) or Studio Catering Co (pulled beef brisket sandwich, deli sandwich with Smoked Ham, Salami, Pepperoni, Provolone, Creamy Caesar Pesto, Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Pepperoncini Peppers and Balsamic Glaze). Even though these are "just" sandwiches, like Earl of Sandwich, they're not your typical stuff.

I hadn't thought of that before! I just recall years ago, when they were redoing a lot at the CR, their counter service was limited. It looks nice now, and you can walk over to get away from the MK for a bit. I've done that before; going to the Poly for a break, nice sandwich, glass of wine (that of course you can't get in the MK), then back over to MK refreshed and relaxed. My DD would go for the pot roast, and I wonder if their lobster roll is very good - may give it a try! We're on the free QS plan next month/first week of September!

Honestly, if I were just doing QS and it wasn't free, I'd pay OOP. I never get dessert with lunch, just maybe one or two desserts in a week for a snack late at night. I don't normally order soda, maybe 2 or 3 in a week. So it wouldn't make sense to me to pay for it. It's nice now if you can sub a side instead of dessert - my DD and I often share meals, since some are so huge! At DAK, we always to to the Yak & Yeti CS, and order the honey chicken, plus a side of fried rice and maybe an order of egg rolls (and a beer for me). We share that one order and can never finish it! It's too much food. On the plan, we could get a soda to share as well (large) and get the fried rice instead of dessert, and if we are really hungry add the single egg roll as a snack credit. Lots of food for just one meal and snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter