First timer- just booked All Star Sports. Questions!

melissacan said:
Thanks OP for this thread. Although I'm not a newbie to Disney I have never stayed at any of the value resorts. I have a surprise birthday trip planned for my soon to be 20 year old daughter and two of her friends in May, and I thought it was a great time to try one of the values. I'm so ready and reading this thread really gets me excited. Hope you and your family have an awesome trip!!!!

Ohhh how fun!!!!! Hope you all have an amazing trip!!

WEDWDW said:
OP,the only "negative" about All-Star Sports is that it is used a lot as the Resort for Cheerleading competitions,Pop Warner week,South American Tour Groups,etc. and many Guests do not like to stay there during those times,so hopefully your dates won't fall during one of those times.:)

Ohhh I see. I read some things saying it was like a budget motel and such. That scared me at first but I figured it's disney. I'm sure it's still clean rooms and nice grounds. :) we are going the beginning of December. Will we be with those groups??

We were at sports during national cheerleading competiton , in February . (Sports was the host hotel ) We asked for a quiet room and were upgraded to surfs up section .they did not put any cheerleaders in our section . We never heard the cheerleaders and had a wonderful time . I'm not sure if there are any big events in December . You can check the wide world of sports website and it should tell you if there are any competitions scheduled .

We were at sports during national cheerleading competiton , in February . (Sports was the host hotel ) We asked for a quiet room and were upgraded to surfs up section .they did not put any cheerleaders in our section . We never heard the cheerleaders and had a wonderful time . I'm not sure if there are any big events in December . You can check the wide world of sports website and it should tell you if there are any competitions scheduled .

Ohh good to know!! I really don't think it would bother us too much. We are pretty easy going :) ill check it out and see. Thanks

Ohhh I see. I read some things saying it was like a budget motel and such. That scared me at first but I figured it's disney. I'm sure it's still clean rooms and nice grounds. :) we are going the beginning of December. Will we be with those groups??

The rooms,grounds,etc. are kept to the same standard as the Moderate and Deluxe resorts-it is just that some Guests don't like staying with a HUGE amount of Cheerleaders,Tour Groups,etc.:)

Pop Warner Week is December 7-14.:)

If you are going the first week of December,you are in good shape.:)

The rooms,grounds,etc. are kept to the same standard as the Moderate and Deluxe resorts-it is just that some Guests don't like staying with a HUGE amount of Cheerleaders,Tour Groups,etc.:)

Pop Warner Week is December 7-14.:)

If you are going the first week of December,you are in good shape.:)

We are!!! :) well we are going Nov 30- Dec 8th. So just that last weekend they'd be there. No biggie :)

We are!!! :) well we are going Nov 30- Dec 8th. So just that last weekend they'd be there. No biggie :)

Perfect!:)

You won't have to "deal" with Pop Warner except for 2 days,but you will still get to "experience" PW and understand why everybody mentions them.:)

WOW!Your first trip to WDW will be during the Holidays-AMAZING!:)

There will be garland and wreaths everywhere and hundreds of Christmas trees throughout property!:)

Perfect!:)

You won't have to "deal" with Pop Warner except for 2 days,but you will still get to "experience" PW and understand why everybody mentions them.:)

WOW!Your first trip to WDW will be during the Holidays-AMAZING!:)

There will be garland and wreaths everywhere and hundreds of Christmas trees throughout property!:)

Hahaha should be an experience then lol
Yes!!!!! I'm so excited for that!!! Are all decorations up that early then? I heard about a special Xmas party. Is that good/worth the extra cost? Are there any resort decorations we should go see?

Honestly, the AS resorts are great, especially if you're on a budget. If your family is like mine, then you can understand how our room only serves as a place to sleep and shower/get dressed. We are hardcore park fanatics--meaning that we don't take any break days, and we're there an hour before opening until closing. So unless it's just me and the hubby going, or if the girls have a girl's week at Disney, there's really no point for us. My feeling is I'd rather spend the extra money on dining, tours, etc. In fact, on our last "girls' week", we decided to that we're going to either stay at an AS or maybe AoA family suite. Either way, if this is your first time staying on property, you're going to have a blast!

Hahaha should be an experience then lol
Yes!!!!! I'm so excited for that!!! Are all decorations up that early then? I heard about a special Xmas party. Is that good/worth the extra cost? Are there any resort decorations we should go see?

Yes,all decorations will be up.:)

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is fun,but not essential if you are watching your money.:)

Some of the best Resort decorations are at Grand Floridian,Wilderness Lodge,Boardwalk Inn and Yacht and Beach Club.:)

Honestly, the AS resorts are great, especially if you're on a budget. If your family is like mine, then you can understand how our room only serves as a place to sleep and shower/get dressed. We are hardcore park fanatics--meaning that we don't take any break days, and we're there an hour before opening until closing. So unless it's just me and the hubby going, or if the girls have a girl's week at Disney, there's really no point for us. My feeling is I'd rather spend the extra money on dining, tours, etc. In fact, on our last "girls' week", we decided to that we're going to either stay at an AS or maybe AoA family suite. Either way, if this is your first time staying on property, you're going to have a blast!

Thank you!!! Yes I think it will be just great for us and what we need the resort for :) it's our first time there ever so I wouldn't care if I was sleeping on a park bench Hahahaha I'm just excited to be going!!

Yes,all decorations will be up.:)

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is fun,but not essential if you are watching your money.:)

Some of the best Resort decorations are at Grand Floridian,Wilderness Lodge,Boardwalk Inn and Yacht and Beach Club.:)

Wooo hooo!!!!!! What happens at the party that's different than a normal night?
Would you suggest just eating at those resorts to make the trip more worth while

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter