• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First timer- just booked All Star Sports. Questions!

jlrkronald said:
We stayed at ASM when my son was 3 and he loved the big Buzz and Woody .. Personally we stay at value bc we are only in the room to shower and sleep. We leave early for the parks and get back late, pointless to spend more money just for a bigger room . Enjoy you first trip !!!

My boys are 9 and 6 and they thought the sports theme was "really cool!" Hahaha ;) we talked about the same thing as far as being at the resort. On other vacations we are always on the go. We also were able to go for 9 days with the value resort. And we are ok with hanging out at the all star pool for a day and also another day or 2 not at parks doing other things like mini golf etc

We just stayed at All Stars Sports October 2012 for our second visit. There is nothing wrong with the All Star resorts. They (Sports, Music, Movies) are just individually a little smaller with smaller food courts than Pop has for instance. We had a great time! It was clean , had good service on our room, food court & bus service was good. Rooms were same as Pop Century Value resort. Pop just seems a little nicer I think on the whole because its bigger, newer, on the lake. But... also more people to contend with! LOL! My husband loves Sports. The parking was so much better in location to our room, too. Alot of kids play on the football Court with there football & frisbie which gives them more than just a pool.

Southern Bell said:
We just stayed at All Stars Sports October 2012 for our second visit. There is nothing wrong with the All Star resorts. They (Sports, Music, Movies) are just individually a little smaller with smaller food courts than Pop has for instance. We had a great time! It was clean , had good service on our room, food court & bus service was good. Rooms were same as Pop Century Value resort. Pop just seems a little nicer I think on the whole because its bigger, newer, on the lake. But... also more people to contend with! LOL! My husband loves Sports. The parking was so much better in location to our room, too. Alot of kids play on the football Court with there football & frisbie which gives them more than just a pool.

Awesome!!! Thank you!! We looked at Pop. And the theming just wasnt for us :)

Oh, it's definitely walkable. I think rteetz meant that you can take a bus, or boat/monorail, to ANY resort on WDW property to check it out. You're not stuck with only checking out Music and Movies.:thumbsup2

That's exactly what I meant thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I recommend the homerun hotel section. We really enjoyed our stay there. It was close to the pool and laundry rooms. It was a short walk to the dining hall and main pool. It's our favorite value!

Be sure to pack a football for your kids to play with on the football field. My kiddos had lots of fun doing that.

They also have a TV in the dining hall. When my littlest ones were taking a nap with DH, I would take the oldest and hang out at the dining hall. They also have coloring pages for the kids.

The ice cream sundaes are great!!! Big enough to share for sure.

We stayed in the surfs up building and loved it. Our favorite pool was in the baseball section. We were usually the only ones swimming. Also, the laundry in the baseball section was usually empty while there were lines by the main pool. The main pool was always packed!! I went to the dollar tree and got some water balls and cheap toys to play with in the pool. The kids loved it!!:wave2:

Just stayed at sports in February and we really loved it !! I had my doubts after staying at POR and falling in love with it- but I have to say that i will definately stay at sports again . In fact we liked it so much - we ended up adding another day to our trip! We stayed in the surfs up section . It was wonderful , so was the atmosphere , cm's, food court , pool with movies at night and games during the day ! Thoroughly enjoyed it - not to mention the money we saved !

DisneyGal24 said:
I recommend the homerun hotel section. We really enjoyed our stay there. It was close to the pool and laundry rooms. It was a short walk to the dining hall and main pool. It's our favorite value!

Thanks! They requested either baseball or basketball

mommy-3 said:
Be sure to pack a football for your kids to play with on the football field. My kiddos had lots of fun doing that.

They also have a TV in the dining hall. When my littlest ones were taking a nap with DH, I would take the oldest and hang out at the dining hall. They also have coloring pages for the kids.

The ice cream sundaes are great!!! Big enough to share for sure.

We stayed in the surfs up building and loved it. Our favorite pool was in the baseball section. We were usually the only ones swimming. Also, the laundry in the baseball section was usually empty while there were lines by the main pool. The main pool was always packed!! I went to the dollar tree and got some water balls and cheap toys to play with in the pool. The kids loved it!!:wave2:

Ohhh thanks for the tip!!! Ill add it to the packing list!! :) I really appreciate all the info you shared!! :)

shell8558 said:
Just stayed at sports in February and we really loved it !! I had my doubts after staying at POR and falling in love with it- but I have to say that i will definately stay at sports again . In fact we liked it so much - we ended up adding another day to our trip! We stayed in the surfs up section . It was wonderful , so was the atmosphere , cm's, food court , pool with movies at night and games during the day ! Thoroughly enjoyed it - not to mention the money we saved !

Wonderful!!!! :) I'm so excited! My husband is happy about the money saved too lol

We love All-Star Sports. It is my 10year old son's favorite resort and we have even stayed at Poly. I know most people do not want to think about McDonald's while at Disney but since you said you like to walk around checking things out I thought I'd mention it. Not far from All star sports there is a huge McD's that has a humongous screen that plays Classic Disney cartoons. We always walk over there at least once per trip since it is inexpensive and very cool for a McD's.

DisneyDiana said:
We love All-Star Sports. It is my 10year old son's favorite resort and we have even stayed at Poly. I know most people do not want to think about McDonald's while at Disney but since you said you like to walk around checking things out I thought I'd mention it. Not far from All star sports there is a huge McD's that has a humongous screen that plays Classic Disney cartoons. We always walk over there at least once per trip since it is inexpensive and very cool for a McD's.

Oh cool thanks :) we are doing that dining package so we will prob do all eating in Disney but its good to know its there :) dining will be my next confusion lol there is so much to choose from! And how is the food there? I've read it's not great.

My kiddos loved the All-Stars when they were younger and they were the best fit for our family....because are a family of 5, we don't stay there anymore as we don't find the value in two rooms or suites when we spend so little time in the room.

All Stars Sports was my sons favorite when he was 8-10ish. And yes, you can walk between all 3 but it is long, and the walk from Sports to Movies is the longest as Music is between them. But, depending on which building you are in, sometimes you are closer to other spots of a neighbor resort than your own. For example, when we were in the Mighty Ducks building at All Stars Movies, we found it was much closer to walk to the bus stop at Music than Movies where we were staying. However ALL of the kids absolutley LOVED the Toy Story building at Movies when they were little....we spent a lot of time playing in Andy's room for sure! :)

A nice bonus that I don't think anyone mentioned to you about sports is that it is the FIRST pick up and drop off with the bus system when it is sharing between the three. Depending on what time of year you go, this can be really helpful!!

Have fun!!

PS - the food in the All Stars is your basic food-court style grab and go type food. It has been a while since we stayed there, but if you are on the dining plan, you probably will not be eating many meals there anyway :)

We haven't eaten at Sports, but we have stayed at Music and Movies and found the food just fine. There are several different stations at the food court, each serves something different.

We loved our stay at sports. Nice cm's, never had a bad experience at the food court. We stayed in the surf's up section. Have a great time : )

Thanks OP for this thread. Although I'm not a newbie to Disney I have never stayed at any of the value resorts. I have a surprise birthday trip planned for my soon to be 20 year old daughter and two of her friends in May, and I thought it was a great time to try one of the values. I'm so ready and reading this thread really gets me excited. Hope you and your family have an awesome trip!!!!

OP,the only "negative" about All-Star Sports is that it is used a lot as the Resort for Cheerleading competitions,Pop Warner week,South American Tour Groups,etc. and many Guests do not like to stay there during those times,so hopefully your dates won't fall during one of those times.:)

mouserrificmom said:
My kiddos loved the All-Stars when they were younger and they were the best fit for our family....because are a family of 5, we don't stay there anymore as we don't find the value in two rooms or suites when we spend so little time in the room.

All Stars Sports was my sons favorite when he was 8-10ish. And yes, you can walk between all 3 but it is long, and the walk from Sports to Movies is the longest as Music is between them. But, depending on which building you are in, sometimes you are closer to other spots of a neighbor resort than your own. For example, when we were in the Mighty Ducks building at All Stars Movies, we found it was much closer to walk to the bus stop at Music than Movies where we were staying. However ALL of the kids absolutley LOVED the Toy Story building at Movies when they were little....we spent a lot of time playing in Andy's room for sure! :)

A nice bonus that I don't think anyone mentioned to you about sports is that it is the FIRST pick up and drop off with the bus system when it is sharing between the three. Depending on what time of year you go, this can be really helpful!!

Have fun!!

PS - the food in the All Stars is your basic food-court style grab and go type food. It has been a while since we stayed there, but if you are on the dining plan, you probably will not be eating many meals there anyway :)

Such helpful info!! Thank you!!

bigbabyblues said:
We haven't eaten at Sports, but we have stayed at Music and Movies and found the food just fine. There are several different stations at the food court, each serves something different.

I have a feeling we will end up trying other restaurants instead of the cafe here but it's good to know its decent even for a snack or something. Thanks!! :)

jennbunn said:
We loved our stay at sports. Nice cm's, never had a bad experience at the food court. We stayed in the surf's up section. Have a great time : )

Thanks so much!!!! Now it's the waiting lol we don't go until December haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter