First timer going to MNSSHP question

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
In order to enjoy everything does it make sense to attend the party twice instead of just once? I know some people said to get some photos with some rare characters you might have to line up very early. Also to see the parade and really not feel rushed, some suggested going to it twice. That is why I'm asking, does anyone do this or is one night more then enough? Thanks in advance.

Early in September NO but the closer you get to Halloween the more crowded it is and if you really want to meet Jack and Sally or all 7 Dwarves you many need to.

I was thinking more or less late September. I would like to do the characters, parade and take in a the show near the castle more or less. I think perhaps two would be prudent.

Did one in 2014, did two last year. I'll probably be in the minority opinion but I prefer two for the flexibility - although it wouldn't make or break my trip if I could only do one. A lot will depend on what you want out of the party, as others have stated. DS has been 4 and 5 on our trips, we prefer some Halloween stuff and really enjoy the shorter ride lines (one of our main motivations to go to the party). When we did two last year, one night was the dress-up night and we focused more on trick-or-treating, parade, Photopass opportunities, fireworks. The second night was more about the rides, no costumes or candy, caught the tail end of the parade (just walked up) and watched fireworks. I enjoyed the flexibility of two and not feeling like I "had" to cram everything in one night.

Last edited:
Did two in 2014 and could only do one in 2015. While two was much better, with a solid plan we did do a lot and have a good time at the single party. It was more rushed though, and we bypassed characters and only met Mickey, and split our group up by the fireworks to help everyone get their priorities in.
But once in 2015 is sure better than the zero we'll do in 2016!

Oh and both our trips were in Sept, earlier in 2014 was much less crowded than later in 2015.

We feel like we have to do 2 to get things done. We go in the first half of October. DD likes to see ALL the party specific characters. There is no way we could do that and fit in the parade, castle show, and we also like to spend time in front of the Haunted Mansion listening to Carlotta and Renatta. With 2 parties, we don't feel rushed. We focus on the most important characters the first night and we focus on the remainder of the characters and the parades and shows the 2nd night. If you can do the late parade, it is really easy to get a spot close to parade time, so that may help you get what you want done in 1 night. We wind up doing the parade more than one night usually because we just grab a spot for the 2nd one right before it starts. We did 3 parties last year because we are such MNSSHP fans--- BUT, I will say that they cut characters last year and a dance party so while we had a great time, since we were paying more and getting less I was a little irritated that I had booked 3 before finding out about the cuts - on the flip side, because there were less characters to meet, we felt like the lines were longer last year too, so I guess that is the good thing about booking 3. We enjoy the party atmosphere so much that we really like spending more than one night there. I will say though that everything is up in the air this year depending on what they do about the rules on adult costumes. If they entirely ban them, it is going to really impact the atmosphere and I also think cut down on party attendance. If they do that, it might wind up being a whole lot easier to get things done in one night. Also, it is really going to hurt the atmosphere, so I don't know that we will do more than one party if that happens, if we keep our October trip. There is just no way to tell that until we find out what the rules are going to be, and that may not be until the parties start. I suspect it will not be a total ban, but rather limited costume rules like the marathon which has been posted, but everything is up in the air.

We've done two parties in a week for years, with two costumes.

Not sure what we'll do this year - the costume issue may make that decision for us.

I usually do two parties because I like to do the characters and totally enjoy the Boo to You Parade more than any other Disney parade. I usually watch the parade all 4 times and take pictures at one or two and then just enjoy the other times. The spooky atmosphere and fireworks can't be beat. I travel solo and usually go the last week of October. Two of three years I have been there on Halloween night. I consider two parties necessary.

Let me see if I get this. Assuming just two people, you spent around $400 dollars to go to three instances of the same party at the same park. You really are fans.

I am a bit embarrassed to admit that there are 3 of us counting our DD. Yep, I admit totally crazy, but we are HUGE fans- it is the highlight of our October trips. (The funny thing is, I'm not even really a Halloween fan). I try not to think about how much it cost me! 2 is plenty...but we had an extra day at WDW last year because we had to arrive a day early to get a discount for the week and that last party just happened to fall on a planned MK day....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter