• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time using DAS.?

provencio

Mouseketeer
This is the first time I will be using DAS. I am considering doing the video Chat, but would like to know if anyone can tell me what information I would need so I can be prepared. I assume current medical documentation to verify my claim? anything else? I am not very good a computers, do you recommend I do this in person, or when arriving at the park.. if so does Disney Springs have a customer service area?

Additional question my daughter has purchased the park tickets and we are all linked to her MDE, would my DAS show there? Or do I need to have my own account. And would this process need to be done daily or can the video chat or Guest services take care of our entire stay.

Thank you so much for the guidance. Enjoy the day you have been given!

You don't need, and they won't look at, medical information. The agent will want to know your needs - diagnosis is meaningless, as people with the same diagnosis can have different needs. You need to be able to explain why your disability (you don't need to tell them what the disability is) makes it difficult or impossible to wait in the regular line. If approved for DAS, you will still need to wait, but you will wait outside the line, then return at the appointed time to enter the Lightning Lane.

If you're not good at computers, doing it in person may be easier, as multiple people have reported having to restart the chat, issues with long waits, etc., but that's really your call. Doing it in advance will allow you to choose two rides in advance. DAS can only be obtained at the parks, not at hotels or Disney Springs.

Yes, your DAS would show in your daughter's MDE, but I'm pretty sure you will need to have her account info handy so that everything can be included there.

At the top of this forum this is a sticky post that gives the latest info on DAS - info is updated in the first post, so you don't need to read the entire thread.

Thank you, I may have my daughter present with me to enroll. One last question, she has already purchased G+ in advance will me qualifying (which after browsing through the various forums, may not have been best LOl oh well, she is sweet to include us in her trip) for DAS effect that? Can both be used simultaneously?

Here is a link to the WDW Summary of New DAS thread PP mentioned.

No documentation needed or accepted. You should be prepared to explain why you need to avoid a standard queue environment, something not mobility-related.

If you wait to request DAS in-person, it must be at one of the 4 major theme parks. Resorts, Disney Springs and water parks cannot issue DAS.

DAS may be used with Genie+. They work separately.

You can not get a DAS at Disney spring but at the 4 theme parks. Incase you chose not to use the video chat

Disney will not accept medical documentation.
You need to be able to express why you cannot wait in the traditional line.
If its a mobility issue that a wheelchair could accommodate you are not eligible.
They will ask who else will be in you party and they will include up to 5 other people in your DAS party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter