First Time Grandfather - What Should I Get

fbarker

DIS Veteran
I am a first time grandfather, Benjamin was born on January 18, 2017. My wife and I have a trip planned for the end of March and I am looking for suggestions for a good first WDW gift for him. We want to strat the indoctrination process the right way. So any help please let me know. Thanks

I always like to get gifts for little ones at Der Teddybar in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. But you can't beat a pair of Mickey ears with his name stitched on! That screams classic Disney to me! There's a ton of baby items throughout WDW, so I know you'll find something awesome.

Oh, maybe a Baby's First Christmas ornament??

Have fun!!

Congratulations! I would say a personalized Christmas ornament and mickey ears.

For our son's first trip, we got him Mickey ears and a classic Mickey tshirt. I wish I had thought to get him a onesie with the year of his birth on it when he was an infant. The ears can be a great keepsake. My son never wore his (they were too big then) so they sit in a shelf in his room.

I think it would be neat to get him something he could use now, and something he would care about as an adult. So Christmas ornament with the year he was born on it for sure. But I also think it would be really cool to get him an adult sized t-shirt. Something that would be retro cool by the time he could wear it.

A small Mickey Mouse stuffed animal for now would be my choice.

You can get the Mickey ears embroidered at the hat shop in Magic Kingdom. I also like the idea of a Christmas ornament if you celebrate Christmas. Maybe a t-shirt with the year on it that will fit him later?

DVC!! We did not have it when our kids were little but are determined to have it in place before we have a grandchild! Mickey ears, a Christmas ornament or a nice stuffed Mickey are great ideas too.

Something small and soft and cuddly. My DH's coworker brought back minnie and mickey lovees from their disney trip and gave them to us for a baby shower gift. We put them in the crib with our twins when we brought them home from the hospital and the rest is history. My DD still requires it in her bed at night and she has a Minnie 2.0 for when we are away. They both love them.

I would get him ears for the photos when you get home but if you want to get him started on the love now get him some of the disney baby stuff. I'm not sure if they have it in the park but any of the Disney Baby toys that are single color (so the black and white ones or the cream ones) are great for little ones because they aren't as intimidating. Disney did some research and look at medical information to find out that having a muted solid color makes babies under 6 months less afraid of the stuffed animal.

I predict that you will bring back a stack of gifts! I agree with the PPS about Mickey ears with his name on them, an ornament for his first Christmas, he definitely needs a stuffed toy like a Duffy Bear or a Mickey or one of the millions of others, and then there are all those cute Disney clothes you will find in little sizes! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! Lots of good ideas here! It's not something you buy at the parks, but what about a couple shares of Disney stock? Hopefully it will grow with little Benjamin over the years. When he gets older and you take him to WDW, you can explain how he has "owned" a tiny part of it since he was a baby.

Or you could get a couple Disney story books ahead of time, and get them autographed by characters at the park. You could write a note and date it too, so it would be a nice keepsake as he gets older.

I got my GS a small Mickey and Donald plush toy. He is now almost two and plays with Mickey on a regular basis. GS is also a Benjamin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter