First Annual DisBrides Secret Santa: 12/7 see first post!

DoomBuggy0922

DIS Veteran
Update 12/7!!!

I sent out invitations to elfster this morning! As soon as everyone accepts, I can then draw names. (I apologize: I did not realize you had to accept an invitation and THEN draw names, had I beforehand, I would have invited you all much sooner.) As soon as everyone accepts, I will then be able to draw names! I also sent out the list of addresses this morning.

DisBrides Secret Santa Rule Update:

1. If you wish to be part of the Secret Santa, send me (Jackie, aka DoomBuggy0922) a PM with your name, address, and email address. You have until December 7, 2011 to sign up. On that date, you will receive an email from “Elfster” informing you who you are to purchase a gift for! On that date, you will also receive an email from me with everyone’s addresses/screennames so you know who to send your gift to.

2. Purchase a gift between $10-15, plus the cost of shipping.

3. Purchase and mail your present no later than December 17. When you mail your present, request delivery confirmation so you get a tracking number for your gift. If you don't choose this method and the present goes missing, then you must send out another present.

4. Reply to the Sent/Received thread as soon as you receive your gift (as it's only fair to your sender), and post a photo of your gift too.

NOTE: I will begin the Sent/Received Thread on December 7th.

5. This exchange is open to all members of the Disney Wedding and Honeymoon Boards.

6. If you are unable to adhere to these rules and put the effort in to make these exchanges fun and special, then you won't be eligible to join in any future exchanges

As of 12/4, here are the participants. If you are not on the list and I missed you somehow, then I am deeply sorry. Please PM me! I will also make an extreme effort to update this list once a day.

DoomBuggy0922
Mebbradley
Icecoldpenguin
MrsDuck
Librarygeek
Princesswendy720
Donald&Daisy
Yourgypsy
LWatson
LuvLuvLuv
Goodmorningirl
Disbride011
Shannon84
Jlocmac
Belle2211
Pinkfairy1684
DisneyShamrock
Mjshorses
BethieTink
Sw33t_angel
pinkmiss3
BroghanTaylor
qtsugarangl
sccrmnky2005
erin.w

If you have any questions, either PM me or comment on this thread. I have taken all of your ideas into account: I hope this makes sense to everyone, and everyone agrees!

Okay girls! The response has been overwhelming, so we are definitely going to do the secret santa! We are going to use the website "elfster" (www.elfster.com), which will automatically draw names: which is great, because this means I get to participate too! :goodvibes

Now, I know many of you have said you want to participate, but I am going to have to ask you to re-send me a PM with your information. I need your name, your address, and your email address. Elfster will send you an email with who your Secret Santa person is, and then I will send everyone an email with the addresses so that we can continue the secrecy. (Unfortunately, Elfster does not have an "add an address" option, which is kind of annoying.)

If you want to participate, the deadline for signing up is December 11th. The spending limit is $10-15.

Does this make sense to everyone? (I feel like I just put on my teacher-hat and wrote out an assignment sheet. :lmao:) If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or other ideas as to how to handle this, PLEASE let me know. I am not a control freak, I promise! :lmao:

Looks awesome!!

Totally in! Are we having a theme or just sending whatever we feel like?

ETA: I know Elfster also allows you to ask for things you want.. are we utilizing that?

Sorry for so many questions :laughing:

Totally in! Are we having a theme or just sending whatever we feel like?

ETA: I know Elfster also allows you to ask for things you want.. are we utilizing that?

Sorry for so many questions :laughing:

I figured we'd all end up doing a Disney/Wedding/Disney Wedding theme. :lmao: The great thing about this site is we can just look on PJs to see what we all like!

And we can totes utlize the "what we want" feature on elfster. Personally, I like surprises! :goodvibes But whatever works for everyone works for me too.

I agree I think we need to note on the address sheet everyone's screenames so we can associate that.

are we utilizing the wish list?

Teresa

Agreed!!

Sounds awesome! :banana:

Pfftt what do you girls think I've been doing?! I'm way ahead of you! :goodvibes My contact sheet has everyone's name, screenname, address, and email. :D

Oops. That should have quoted Teresa, too.

Pfftt what do you girls think I've been doing?! I'm way ahead of you! :goodvibes My contact sheet has everyone's name, screenname, address, and email. :D

Oops. That should have quoted Teresa, too.
You're fantastic!!

I have another question: if we're already a member of Elfster, we can just be added to the exchange, right? I know, I know.. I'm being that kid in the class that has too many questions and won't shut up.. :lmao:

You're fantastic!!

I have another question: if we're already a member of Elfster, we can just be added to the exchange, right? I know, I know.. I'm being that kid in the class that has too many questions and won't shut up.. :lmao:

Nah, you're being the kid in the classroom I am THANKFUL for because at least someone is talking. :lmao:

And, yes, I am pretty sure! Regardless, I just have to send you an email request!

Sounds like a plan! I'm currently using Elfster for another website too. It's a vinylmation secret santa so right now my wish list is all Vinylmations lol... but I like surprises and am cool with anything! I just want whoever gets me to know that my wishlist is mainly for the other Secret Santa trade, where we're required to have a list and it's specifically for vinylmations so that's why those are the only things on there!

Just regift your unwanted wedding/shower/engagement gifts. You know you have them, regardless of when you got/ are getting married.

I sent you a message over facebook for the christmas card exchange...and then I saw this thread so I sent you a PM on here to let you know my information again because Id love to do the secret santa as well :goodvibes Hope I didnt confuse you!!

I can't take part but thought i'd offer a little bit of advice. You might want to have some slightly more detailed rules becuase I know the DWB secret santa last year resulted in quite a few people not getting anything and this has also happened on the UK community on the DIS which runs 4 exchanges a year so they have adopted the following rules:

1. To buy a present for no less than £10.00 (before postage) and a maximum of approx. £20. To wrap it up and send the present out between 1st & 15th December
2. To send the present by 1st Class Recorded Delivery (as parcels have gone missing in the past and you are then able to chase it up with the Post Office), if you don't choose this method and the present goes missing, then you must send out another present
3. To reply to the Sent/Received thread as soon as you receive your gift (as it's only fair to your sender), and to post a photo of your gift too
4. You can join this exchange until 25th November, then I will send out your recipient's details (the earlier you join in, the sooner I will send you the details)
5. This exchange is open to all members of the UK Community Boards.
6. If you are unable to adhere to these rules and put the effort in to make these exchanges fun and special, then you won't be eligible to join in any future exchanges

:santa: Have fun everyone and I hope you get great presents!
:santa:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest