First a Little Pomp & Circumstance,then a Whole Lot of Disney Dining! COMPLETE

I was very much looking forward to visiting Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar, which had recently opened in Epcot's Italy Pavilion. I wanted to be able to take pictures of the interior without disturbing other guests, so insisted that we be there at 11:30 a.m. when they opened to have our...

Lunch #1 at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar

So let's begin this review with a few pictures.

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

As you can hopefully see from our pictures, Tutto Gusto has a very rustic look, with stone walls and flooring, brick archways, and a wood-beam ceiling.
It reminded me of some of the places I went to in Italy and I think looks much more authentic than Tutto Italia next door.

IMG_1101.jpg

The beautiful wood bar is the centerpiece of the room.

IMG_1102.jpg

The "wine bottle" lighting over the bar is quite unique, don't you think?

IMG_1100.jpg

The refrigerated cases on the back wall hold the more than 200 different wines offered at Tutto Gusto.

tuttogusto-4-1.jpg

And the case which holds all the yummy food.

And speaking of food, here is a picture of most of the menu from which we ordered.

TuttoGusto-2.jpg

Tutto Gusto Menu as of May 24, 2012

I told the girls that we could each choose a meat and a cheese, so we would get a plate of 3 cheeses and a plate of 3 meats. These were each to be $14, according to the price listed on the menu. However, in looking at my receipt now, I see that we were charged $15 for each plate. So just a little more than three weeks after opening, Tutto Gusto had already increased their prices.

So first up is our meat plate.

IMG_1103.jpg

wendy-1.jpg
Selection of three cured meats served with focaccia bread slices - $15

We chose (pictured from bottom to top): Prosciutto di Parma (dry-cured thinly sliced ham), Cacciatorini (combination of cured beef and pork salami seasoned with black pepper, garlic, and dry wine), and Salametto (small slices of dry, slightly spicy pork salami). And for the record, my choice was the Cacciatorini and it was my favorite of the three.

IMG_1105.jpg

wendy-1.jpg
Selection of three Italian cheeses served with focaccia bread slices - $15
(Cheese Plate #7 of the trip)

For our 3 cheeses we chose (pictured from bottom to top): Robiola (a tangy cheese with a fruity finish made from cow's, goat's, and sheep's milk), Parmigiano Reggiano (a hard, cow's milk cheese which is both salty and sweet), and Fontina (a semi-firm, cow's milk cheese). I chose the Robiola and again this one was my favorite. I should also add that I believe our good, but average ratings of the meat and cheese plates were a result of our comparing them to the 6 previous cheese plates that we had had on this trip. That and maybe their $15 price tag.

Now I had originally intended to quit there, with just the meats and cheeses as an appetizer before our real lunch at Via Napoli. But then we spotted this in the Cavatappi section of the menu and couldn't resist.

IMG_1106.jpg

th7-1-1-1.jpg
Rugetta e Patate - Corkscrew-shaped noodles with arugula, potato, pancetta, tomatoes, pecorino cheese - $15
($1 more than menu price)

Now I must admit that $15 is a rather high price to pay for a small plate of pasta. However, this pasta was soooo very good and unanimously voted the best Italian dish of the trip. And in comparing it to a similarly priced pasta dish (1/2 order of Manicotti for $14) from Il Mulino, we thought this was most definitely the winner both in terms of quantity and quality. :thumbsup2

Of course we also had some Italian wine at the Tutto Gusto wine bar. Now the wine menu was way too large to take pictures of the entire book, so here is a picture showing the white wine which I chose, #142 Trebbiano d'Abruzzo.

TuttoGustowines.jpg

Now I would like to share with all of you why I chose the Trebbiano. You see, during our trip to Italy three years ago we spent one week in the Abruzzo region where my grandparents were from. My first (and only other) time having this wine was drinking it from a plastic cup while sitting in a Trabocco (an old fishing hut/platform on stilts) along the coast of the Adriatic Sea.

Italy.jpg

Me (Barb), my niece, her friend, and my sister
(also along on trip but not pictured were DD1 and DD2)

Here is a picture DD1 took of the Trabocco Punta Tufano from a distance (if you look closely you can see people sitting there, which is us drinking our Trebbiano wine).

Italy2.jpg

So you can imagine my excitement when I saw this wine on the menu. Drinking it brought back the wonderful memory of that lovely afternoon in Rocca San Giovanni, Abruzzo, Italy.

IMG_1107.jpg

clippetersitting-1.jpg
Trebbiano d'Abruzzo (white wine) and Capite Ross Bosco Del Merlo (red wine)

The red wine was DD1's choice, well actually that is not exactly true. She allowed our server to choose for her because she couldn't decide which to order since there were so very many to choose from. She told him that she liked full-bodied red wines, with her current favorite red wine being a Malbec. So he chose for her the Capite, which is a full-bodied red wine blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, and Cab Franc.

So I was about to ask for the check when my daughters informed me that they had never before had cannoli. Although I was a bit skeptical of this, I went ahead and allowed them to order this for us to share...

IMG_1110.jpg

clippetersitting-1.jpg
Gusto Cannoli - small, tube-shaped pastry which is deep-fried and filled with sweetened ricotta cheese, chocolate bits, and candied orange.

Now I'm not a huge fan of cannoli, but I actually really enjoyed the couple of small bites that I got of this. My DDs quickly polished off the rest of it.

So our overall rating for this meal was:
clippetersitting-1.jpg
Very Good

Now in looking through old pictures from our past trips to Disney World for use in some of my other reviews, I found this picture.

AlfredosMarch2006.jpg

DD1 at Alfredo's - March 2006

Hmm...that looks very much like cannoli on my daughter's plate, doesn't it???

So anyway, we went into Tutto Gusto intending to order only wine and some meat and cheese. We ended up sharing a 3-course meal and spending more than $75 (with tip)! :eek: And that was after the Tables in Wonderland 20% discount, which thank goodness they accept. So Tutto Gusto is rather expensive, but I have a feeling that that won't stop me from returning there next trip for a light lunch of that delicious pasta and a glass of Trebbiano wine. :thumbsup2

NEXT UP: Lunch #2 at Via Napoli

Tutto Gusto! I'm so happy you had a very good experience there. The pasta dish looks outstanding, and much more interesting to me than any pasta dish I saw on Il Mulino's menu. I still wonder how Il Mulino gets such amazing reviews. :confused: On a separate note, I just love your pictures from Italy. I took some Italian in middle school, high school, and college, and it would be really cool to go there one day.

As for the meat and cheese plates, my favorite cheeses at Tutto Gusto were the mozzarella and burrata. Those cheeses were fantastic (and they were served with some delicious olive oil and sea salt), but overall the prices at Tutto Gusto are a bit unsettling - for $14, Artist Point and Jiko offer much, much better cheese plates (and Tutto Gusto now costs more than them!). The firm, chewy bread (perhaps too firm) isn't the most impressive accompaniment around. :sad2:

Hilarious story about the cannoli - at least your DDs will (hopefully) remember this one, since it was very good. :laughing:

According to the recent blog, the entire menu at Tutto Gusto might be receiving an overhaul (possibly making it less flexible and more expensive). If they take away the à la carte small plates, meats, and cheeses, I won't be going back (except maybe to try a cavatappi dish). :(

Love the review of Tutto Gusto. We have been debating stopping in on our eat around the World day but with the new menu, I am not sure it will happen. It seems really pricey for what you get!

Tutto Gusto! I'm so happy you had a very good experience there. The pasta dish looks outstanding, and much more interesting to me than any pasta dish I saw on Il Mulino's menu. I still wonder how Il Mulino gets such amazing reviews. :confused: On a separate note, I just love your pictures from Italy. I took some Italian in middle school, high school, and college, and it would be really cool to go there one day.

As for the meat and cheese plates, my favorite cheeses at Tutto Gusto were the mozzarella and burrata. Those cheeses were fantastic (and they were served with some delicious olive oil and sea salt), but overall the prices at Tutto Gusto are a bit unsettling - for $14, Artist Point and Jiko offer much, much better cheese plates (and Tutto Gusto now costs more than them!). The firm, chewy bread (perhaps too firm) isn't the most impressive accompaniment around. :sad2:

Hilarious story about the cannoli - at least your DDs will (hopefully) remember this one, since it was very good. :laughing:

According to the recent blog, the entire menu at Tutto Gusto might be receiving an overhaul (possibly making it less flexible and more expensive). If they take away the à la carte small plates, meats, and cheeses, I won't be going back (except maybe to try a cavatappi dish). :(

Donald, you MUST go to Italy! The food (and wine!) is amazing! The country is beautiful too.

Jill in CO

If I didn't know how pricey the food to be I may be tempted to go there but... I'm not convinced although it looks absolutely inviting with the rustic decor! :) Please forgive my ignorance but is Tutto Gusto new after they remodeled Tutto Italia?? Obviously, I need to get around more - in Epcot that is.

I love the photo proof of the cannoli. :rotfl2: And yes... I'm a cannoli lover myself!! ;)

Thank you so much for the kind words, Linda! :goodvibes

And thinking about you and the Olympics, reminded me that I wanted to tell you/show you something. Last night I went to my niece's 30th birthday party and instead of birthday cake we had cheesecakes from "That's So Sweet". ;) She said that last week they were featuring 5 pks. of mini-cheesecakes with an Olympics theme.

Cheesecakes-2.jpg

Black raspberry, red raspberry, kiwi, pineapple, and blueberry - representing the 5 Olympic rings :thumbsup2

So I'm hoping to get in there this week to see these in person and also confirm that their shop will be closed on Labor Day. Even if they are though, I can still pick us up some cheesecakes on that Saturday before and meet you anywhere you'd like...from the gazebo located alongside Route 66 at Lexington to our family farm (located 2 1/2 miles from Route 66). With the drought conditions we have experienced this summer, harvest will begin early this year (in a couple of weeks) so if you and your DH have any desire to visit a Illinois grain farm (we got rid of all the animals recently, except for the family dog and a few cats :lmao:) and ride in a combine then that can easily be arranged. I realize that you are probably very limited on time though, so the quick stop along the road would be fine too. I would just be happy to meet you in person for a mini-Dis/cheesecake meet, so doesn't matter to me where or for how long. :thumbsup2

Oh boy, Olympic themed cheesecakes ..... paradise :cloud9:
We really should try and make a meet happen :goodvibes
It's gonna be hard to pin down a specific time though
How long do you think a steady/scenic drive from Chicago will take?

Donald, you MUST go to Italy! The food (and wine!) is amazing! The country is beautiful too.

Jill in CO

Thanks for the link to the article about the Tutto Gusto menu changes, Donald. :thumbsup2 I like the idea of them having wine tasting flights available now. Their wine menu was so large that it was a bit intimidating. The only reason that I was able to choose so quickly is because I spotted the Trebbiano. I guess I'll have to wait and see on the changes to the food offerings before forming an opinion. I think though that as long as they still have the small plate version of that pasta dish available for $15 or less, I will be perfectly happy to return there.

And I must second Jill's comments to you regarding Italy. I'm certain you would love it! Maybe you could even do a dining review/trip report here somewhere, like on the Community Boards??? :thumbsup2 Oh, and as an added bonus, you wouldn't have to wait until you were 21 to partake of their wine, as there seemed to be no real legal drinking age in Italy. My daughters were only 19 and 16 when we there and they were served everywhere without any questions, as is evidenced by this picture of the two of them chatting it up with the bartender at a bar in Rome. I think they even ended up getting their drinks free there. ;)

(Needless to say, it was a bit of a letdown for them to return home. :lmao:)

Italy6-1-1.jpg

Oh, and speaking of Italian food and the canolli story of not remembering having tried certain foods, I have another picture I would like to share with you from our Italy trip. I first must tell you that my pictures of the food which we ate in Italy are pretty few and far between because I wasn't really into taking pictures of my food yet back then. :lmao: But I did find this picture and I have a good idea as to why I took it. ;)

Italy4-1.jpg

So I guess I can no longer give you a hard time about wanting to eat those head-on prawns. ;) :rotfl:

But in my defense, my judgement may have affected by the fact that I was eating these at a outdoor restaurant on the water in Venice. :cloud9:

Italy5-1.jpg

I'm not sure why but I've kind of been obsessed with the idea of visiting Tutto Gusto. Maybe it's a cheese thing! Even with the higher prices I might give it a shot if you can still choose three when we are there. I would also love to try a cannoli! I'm snickering that you've busted your DD with the cannoli. You can't fool mom!!:rotfl2:

My family is also from the Abruzzo region of Italy, so this review put a smile on my face.

I may have to make a pit stop at Tutto Gusto and sample some of that wine on our honeymoon in December.

Thanks!

That cavatappi dish looks delicious. Really wish I ate breakfast this morning!:rotfl:

Your pics from Italy are beautiful. I'd love to visit someday!

That pic of your daughter with the cannoli years ago was priceless!

Oh goodness I'm so disappointed to see the chocolate indulgence has possibly disappeared off the AP menu. I was desperately hoping it would still be there for our November trip, but it looks like that may not be the case :sad2:.

Well, the good news is that the AP dessert menu in November will probably look completely different from the one we had in May. Well, except for their signature dessert, the Berry Cobbler. ;) So there is a chance that your favorite chocolate indulgence dessert will make a reappearance. But if not, then perhaps they will have a chocolate dessert that is as good as or even better? :thumbsup2 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :goodvibes

Love the review of Tutto Gusto. We have been debating stopping in on our eat around the World day but with the new menu, I am not sure it will happen. It seems really pricey for what you get!

Maybe you could arrive a little early for your Tutto Italia reservation, and stop in at Tutto Gusto for a glass of wine or a cocktail??? ;) I think my glass of Trebbiano was only $7. :)

If I didn't know how pricey the food to be I may be tempted to go there but... I'm not convinced although it looks absolutely inviting with the rustic decor! :) Please forgive my ignorance but is Tutto Gusto new after they remodeled Tutto Italia?? Obviously, I need to get around more - in Epcot that is.

I love the photo proof of the cannoli. :rotfl2: And yes... I'm a cannoli lover myself!! ;)

Yes, Tutto Gusto is new (opened at the same time that Tutto Italia reopened after the remodel) and is attached to the restaurant. And I'll give you the same advice as I gave GoofySon'sMom. Stop by for some wine before going to Via Napoli or perhaps go for a cannoli and a glass of Rosa Regale after. :thumbsup2

Oh boy, Olympic themed cheesecakes ..... paradise :cloud9:
We really should try and make a meet happen :goodvibes
It's gonna be hard to pin down a specific time though
How long do you think a steady/scenic drive from Chicago will take?

Well, driving on the interstate it takes about 2 hours. But driving at a slower and more leisurely pace on Route 66, it would be more like 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

My family is also from the Abruzzo region of Italy, so this review put a smile on my face.

I may have to make a pit stop at Tutto Gusto and sample some of that wine on our honeymoon in December.

Thanks!

:wave2: Hi Destructsean! Thanks so much for stopping in to post a comment. And I am very happy to hear that there is yet another disboarder with Abruzzo origins. I learned earlier that DisneyMomFanatic had family connections to that area as well. ;) It is a truly beautiful area and the time I spent there was by far my favorite part of our Italy trip, which also included a visit to Rome and Venice. Plus I actually enjoyed the food and wine that we had there even more than the food/wine we had during the rest of our trip. And as an added bonus, it was less expensive. :thumbsup2

So I hope you enjoy your pit stop at Tutto Gusto. Oh, and if you prefer red wines, then I would also recommend the Montepulciano, which is a good red wine from the Abruzzo area. I'm pretty sure I also saw it listed on the Tutto Gusto menu. ;)

I'm snickering that you've busted your DD with the cannoli. You can't fool mom!!:rotfl2:

That pic of your daughter with the cannoli years ago was priceless!

I haven't yet showed her the photographic evidence which I discovered. :lmao: She has been really busy this summer so has fallen way behind in reading my reviews. But she is home this week for some R & R before she starts an internship on the 13th, so I suspect that she will soon be seeing herself...caught holding the evidence. I can't wait! ;) :rotfl:

:wave2: Hi Destructsean! Thanks so much for stopping in to post a comment. And I am very happy to hear that there is yet another disboarder with Abruzzo origins. I learned earlier that DisneyMomFanatic had family connections to that area as well. ;) It is a truly beautiful area and the time I spent there was by far my favorite part of our Italy trip, which also included a visit to Rome and Venice. Plus I actually enjoyed the food and wine that we had there even more than the food/wine we had during the rest of our trip. And as an added bonus, it was less expensive. :thumbsup2

So I hope you enjoy your pit stop at Tutto Gusto. Oh, and if you prefer red wines, then I would also recommend the Montepulciano, which is a good red wine from the Abruzzo area. I'm pretty sure I also saw it listed on the Tutto Gusto menu. ;)

I'm insanely jealous. My great uncle has spent time in the region, and actually visted with/stayed at the home of some of our distant cousins. Such an amazing thought, knowing that we are connected to people still living in that area. It's definitely a goal of mine, to someday make it over there.

As for the wine..I'm more of a sweet wine kinda guy, so the less dry of the two would be more enjoyable for me. :thumbsup2

Oh that cavatappi looks delicious, and like something I'd love to create in my own kitchen! Was the arugula wilted or just mixed in fresh? I couldn't quite tell from the photo.

I would definitely drop just as much money (if not more!) on all that deliciousness! Now I'm rethinking our lunch plans... :scratchin

Tutto Gusto really does look fab
I literally just stuck my nose through the door on our last trip but never got round to a proper visit ... Next time

Oh and I am plotting our R66 driving route right now :)

As for the wine..I'm more of a sweet wine kinda guy, so the less dry of the two would be more enjoyable for me. :thumbsup2

I am right there with you when it comes to wine! :thumbsup2 While the Montepulciano was quite drinkable for me, of the two wines the Trebbiano is the least dry. But have you ever tried Rosa Regale? While not from Abruzzo it is sparkling Italian wine that is quite deliciously sweet. It will be featured in my next review of Via Napoli, but it is also available at Tutto Gusto. ;)

Oh that cavatappi looks delicious, and like something I'd love to create in my own kitchen! Was the arugula wilted or just mixed in fresh? I couldn't quite tell from the photo.

I would definitely drop just as much money (if not more!) on all that deliciousness! Now I'm rethinking our lunch plans... :scratchin

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you regarding the arugula. :guilty: But if you do find out when you are there and figure out how to make this at home, then please pass on the recipe to me. That stuff was delish! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link to the article about the Tutto Gusto menu changes, Donald. :thumbsup2 I like the idea of them having wine tasting flights available now. Their wine menu was so large that it was a bit intimidating. The only reason that I was able to choose so quickly is because I spotted the Trebbiano. I guess I'll have to wait and see on the changes to the food offerings before forming an opinion. I think though that as long as they still have the small plate version of that pasta dish available for $15 or less, I will be perfectly happy to return there.

And I must second Jill's comments to you regarding Italy. I'm certain you would love it! Maybe you could even do a dining review/trip report here somewhere, like on the Community Boards??? :thumbsup2 Oh, and as an added bonus, you wouldn't have to wait until you were 21 to partake of their wine, as there seemed to be no real legal drinking age in Italy. My daughters were only 19 and 16 when we there and they were served everywhere without any questions, as is evidenced by this picture of the two of them chatting it up with the bartender at a bar in Rome. I think they even ended up getting their drinks free there. ;)

(Needless to say, it was a bit of a letdown for them to return home. :lmao:)

Italy6-1-1.jpg

Oh, and speaking of Italian food and the canolli story of not remembering having tried certain foods, I have another picture I would like to share with you from our Italy trip. I first must tell you that my pictures of the food which we ate in Italy are pretty few and far between because I wasn't really into taking pictures of my food yet back then. :lmao: But I did find this picture and I have a good idea as to why I took it. ;)

Italy4-1.jpg

So I guess I can no longer give you a hard time about wanting to eat those head-on prawns. ;) :rotfl:

But in my defense, my judgement may have affected by the fact that I was eating these at a outdoor restaurant on the water in Venice. :cloud9:

Italy5-1.jpg
A trip to Italy would be awesome. You're very right that they're much more lax about drinking there, especially if the 'minors' are accompanied by family (I've heard of 10-year-olds enjoying a glass of wine with their meals there!). Although ironically, I'm sure that by the time I make it to Italy, I'll already be old enough to legally drink here. :laughing:

Beautiful pictures - I can only imagine how delicious and fresh those head-on prawns must've been, especially enjoying them by the waterfront in Venice. :goodvibes

A trip to Italy would be awesome. You're very right that they're much more lax about drinking there, especially if the 'minors' are accompanied by family (I've heard of 10-year-olds enjoying a glass of wine with their meals there!). Although ironically, I'm sure that by the time I make it to Italy, I'll already be old enough to legally drink here. :laughing:

Beautiful pictures - I can only imagine how delicious and fresh those head-on prawns must've been, especially enjoying them by the waterfront in Venice. :goodvibes

Everything tastes better in Venice. :)

Jill in CO

joining in late !! I just decided to come over to the Dining Reviews to see if I could find something good and boy did I ever !! I am very much enjoying your dining review. Thanks so much for sharing !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter