fireworks help was = I'm not going to be able to get the new room

Cat I feel your frustration on this. I also could hardly play any of the mini games until I pestered my husband enough to upgrade my computer. As soon as he did, and after practicing ALOT, I was able to get enough points to complete the green car quest. I don't know if you would want to do this or not, but I would be willing to make a mule, complete the quest for the blizzard beach room. Give you the account info. Then you could try to change the password so I wouldn't know it.( I think I have read where you can do this, if not I guess it wouldn't work) You then could link up teleporters with your main characters room to the blizzard beach room. You would have to decorate it by trading your main characters stuff with the mule. Well anyway it was just a thought I had. My other suggestion is to challenge a teenage boy get the points for you! I couldn't get past level 2 on the Pirate Adventure Game for the pirate ships, and challenged my daughters boyfriend to try. a little while later I had a whole page of codes e-mailed to me! lol
Well anyway let me know if I can help!
Jewelzy (in VMK now)
AKA SkittleLover

Thanks for the offer but I was able to get the room after all; thanks to another lovely lady. :yay:

My mousepad is dark purple with little swirilies and my optical mouse works just fine. For fireworks and all the crazy games my fiance plays (first person shooters and such). We tried just putting white art paper over it and it made no diff.
(this is my fiance's computer, where I play vmk)

Video cards are very important! I can't play vmk well on my computer bc the video card is crap.

puckstopper55 said:
The quote below is taken directly off of logitech's website:

"The surface on which you use the mouse can significantly affect battery life and performance. Lighter surfaces extend battery life and increase performance, while darker ones shorten and worsen it. Bright, matt surfaces (not glossy ones) are recommended. A simple white mouse pad is an ideal choice"

I think they know a little more about it then we "pretend" to. :cool1:

Puckstopper55, I appreciate all of the advice and information you have added to this post. It is very helpful. This post isn't directed at you, it's just my caveat emptor nature kicking in. Now I'm going to question this Logitech statement.

Okay, isn't this referring to wireless optical mice? :confused3 I'm talking about wired optical mice. Not that they should be that different but they are different. In any event, Logitech seems to recommend bright, matte surface mouse pads in general and white for ideal performance. That doesn't negate my mouse experience or my suggestion to try different mouse pads to possibly improve the performance of your optical mouse. Cat and others seem to be aiming for normal performance from their mice in VMK, they don't seem to be aiming for ideal performance. What does Logitech or any other manufacturer recommend for good but less than ideal performance?

Remember, Logitech may be pretending to know more too. We don't really know their motivation for this statement. They have an agenda - to sell their mice and pads. They may also have some performance issues and may be offloading the blame onto non-white, non-matte mouse pads. The statement could be quite true or totally made up as an answer to a problem report or somewhere in between. BTW, it's "matte", not "matt".

I'm not picking on you, I'm picking on them. I wrote and maintained software for several large computer companies over the years. I know what types of false or misleading information we propagated through our documentation and support channels. Part of our personal performance was based on how quickly we closed a problem report. We had a lot of incentive to come up with a "white mouse pad" kind of answer which may come from an engineer who uses a white mouse pad and doesn't have mouse performance issues. Seriously, the goal seemed to be to close the problem report for any reason, rather than actually solve the customer's problem (much like the VMK black hole). It costs very little to close a report compared to what it costs to fix a performance problem. Because of that, I question just about anything a manufacturer says.

Memory lane moment... My first experience with an optical mouse was over 20 years ago with a Logitech mouse. Back then, the mouse pad was a shiny, stiff metal plate with a graph paper like grid printed on it. The axis lines on the grid were a different color, apparently so the mouse could find the (0,0) coordinate. We had to use that pad and had to calibrate the mouse by sliding it slowly across the pad each time we started up the computer. If you scratched or dented the pad, you most likely needed to buy a new one and they were very expensive! The computer was a workhorse with a full megabyte of memory! :lmao: I'm so glad technology has improved!

Back to today... Again, my suggestion to try a different mouse pad is based on my mouse performance improving greatly after I switched mouse pads in the middle of a haunted mansion game. That's just one data point which is statistically insignificant. It seems to be a "your mileage may vary" situation and my mileage varied greatly from what I expected.

Thanks for all the info. You have helped me to get fireworks magic. I have been trying for three months and hundreds of games. This was the most frustrating game for me. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter