Finding Dory Review

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
Disney/Pixar Movie Review
Finding Dory (2016)
It's never easy to top a classic and Andrew Stanton's follow up to Finding Nemo has an ocean of expectations to live up to. While it doesn't beat the original for me it is wildly entertaining and a much funnier film. Dory, the lovable, memory challenged little blue fish from "Nemo" has a brief moment when she actually remembers, what we were to assume was her long lost family. So we take an extremely familiar journey to find her parents and along the way are introduced to new and reintroduced to old friends. It's story may have a tired surface feel but at its core Finding Dory has a wonderful message and makes the audience think about issues like mental illness and depression. I truly felt for Dory as she struggled to overcome her challenges. Ellen DeGeneres was outstanding once again as the voice of Dory as was Albert Brooks as Marlin. Of the new characters, Hank, voiced by Ed O'Neill stole the show for me. Hank is an octopus. Actually, he’s a ‘septopus as he lost a tentacle. 11 year old Evan and 8 year old Tara loved every second of it. The movie has good drama and some action but there were never any tears in the family friendly packed theater. 4 aquariums out of 5.

My mom and I went to see this a few weeks ago - I thought it was wonderful. Baby Dory was absolutely adorable :) I liked how they included the original characters and incorporated all the new ones. Hank in particular was awesome and Ed O'Neill did great work voicing him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter