Finding a new job

GilyAnn

Earning My Ears
The company that my DH works for is merging in with another company and the new company won't be needing the department that my DH works for. :guilty: We are thinking of moving to Florida or New York and we need some advice fast! We live outside the US (PR to be specific) so I it maybe harder to find a job. So, I would really apreciate some advice on anything regarding where to look for jobs (besides Monster) and how to find schools, homes or anything related. I would really appreciate advice on finding jobs because well it's the most stessing part of all. If anyone else has any suggestions on other states we should look in I would be really gratefull. We choose Florida or New York because it's the two states where we have family. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

This happened at my company last year. My boyfriend's whole department got cut. :( Their last week is this week.

Is the company that is taking over doing anything about job placement for those who won't be coming along with the merger? If they are large enough, do they have offices in Florida or New York? With the company that took us over, they would give us internal job postings and those with the company would get priority over those outside the company.

Also, he could hire a headhunter for the type of job he has.

As for relocating, when you decide on what area you would like, realtor.com usually has info on the neighborhoods and school districts you are interested in.

Good Luck!

What does you DH do?

A lot of people on this board can help you with towns, schools etc... once you get some good leads.

As for jobs, other than what LoraJ said, try trade groups, associations. I got my job through a sales rep who told me about an opening at a competitor.

What does you DH do?

He works on computers (IT) and not because he's my husband but he's good at what he does. There is a small hope of getting hired by the new company doing something else but we don't want to hang on to that and want to be safe rather than sorry.

As for jobs, other than what LoraJ said, try trade groups, associations. I got my job through a sales rep who told me about an opening at a competitor.

Also, he could hire a headhunter for the type of job he has.

He was given the name of a few headhunters yesterday and he was going to call them up today. So I hope he finds one soon. Thanks for the idea about the trade groups and associations it's a very good one!

I got some info on schools and homes from one friend who lives in Florida, I'm waiting for a friend on NY to call me. But any other advice I will be gratefull too. I don't like moves and they get me nervous. :worried: So this is really stressfull.

Thanks guys :disrocks:
Gily Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter