Final Payment Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cogero, Apr 13, 2012.

1. cogero

cogero DIS Veteran

can I make my final payment with my debit card?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. generaltso23

generaltso23 Earning My Ears

If it's the type that can be charged as a credit card, yes. But keep in mind that most debit cards have a daily spending limit that may be lower than your final cruise payment.

4. Green Tea

Green Tea <font color=green>I don't do hatchets<br><font col

Really?? I have never heard of a spending limit on a debit card. Mine has a limit on ATM withdrawals in a day but I always figured the spending limit was the cash in the account.

5. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

I've never run in to a limit on my debit card and I used it for many vacations before I got a rewards CC from my bank. But each bank is different.

6. E&EMom

E&EMom Mouseketeer

My debit card has a $800 a day limit and I've had to work around that when paying for our cruise with my debit card. I usually make a payment a day or one payment on a weekend. With my bank it took a few days for my payments to DCL to actually clear my account when using the debit card.

7. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

In the future, give your bank a call and ask them to temporarily raise your per-day limit if you want to pay it all off at once. They should have no problem doing that.

8. generaltso23

generaltso23 Earning My Ears

Yeah, I think it's pretty common to have a daily spending limit, though it depends on the bank. I assume the purpose is to prevent somebody with a stolen card from immediately clearing out the account. I think mine has a daily limit of $2000.