Final Payment Question

If it's the type that can be charged as a credit card, yes. But keep in mind that most debit cards have a daily spending limit that may be lower than your final cruise payment.

If it's the type that can be charged as a credit card, yes. But keep in mind that most debit cards have a daily spending limit that may be lower than your final cruise payment.

Really?? I have never heard of a spending limit on a debit card. Mine has a limit on ATM withdrawals in a day but I always figured the spending limit was the cash in the account.

I've never run in to a limit on my debit card and I used it for many vacations before I got a rewards CC from my bank. But each bank is different.

My debit card has a $800 a day limit and I've had to work around that when paying for our cruise with my debit card. I usually make a payment a day or one payment on a weekend. With my bank it took a few days for my payments to DCL to actually clear my account when using the debit card.

My debit card has a $800 a day limit and I've had to work around that when paying for our cruise with my debit card. I usually make a payment a day or one payment on a weekend. With my bank it took a few days for my payments to DCL to actually clear my account when using the debit card.

In the future, give your bank a call and ask them to temporarily raise your per-day limit if you want to pay it all off at once. They should have no problem doing that.

Really?? I have never heard of a spending limit on a debit card. Mine has a limit on ATM withdrawals in a day but I always figured the spending limit was the cash in the account.

Yeah, I think it's pretty common to have a daily spending limit, though it depends on the bank. I assume the purpose is to prevent somebody with a stolen card from immediately clearing out the account. I think mine has a daily limit of $2000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter