• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fidelio?????????????

sjm

Mouseketeer
Is it offical that Fidelio and the Dueling Piano's are history??

If that is true, does anyone know where Fidelio will be going??

Thanks,
sue

p.s. I have not been on the disboards for a while

It is official, but I don't know where Fidelio will be going next.

That's such a shame. We really enjoyed Fidelio and Anton's shows. They were great with kids and adults alike. Does anyone know WHY they're leaving? Is it by choice?

It is by choice, but not Fidelio's or Anton's choice.

Someone at Disney Cruise Line decided that the shows would be discontinued when Off Beat is restructured to Diversions. I'm not sure if Dueling Pianos will continue to be offered on the Wonder. If that is the case, perhaps Fidelio and Anton will move there.

He's a legend in his own right. Thanks, at least in part, to Momma-Rae! ;)

Thanks Verandah Man!! I was pretty sure that Fidelio wouldn't be on the Magic, but I was hoping someone would know where he is going.

I think disney made a HUGE mistaking, closing dueling pianos and getting rid of Fidelio. I doubt very much that I will sail Disney again. Fidelio is what make our cruise so special.

sue

I was hoping someone would know where he is going.

sue - I had a pleasant conversation with Fidelio while on our August 16th cruise. He is looking for a venue in the New York area to call home to Dueling Pianos. Hopefully he will make contact with some of the powers-that-be in New York City and/or Long Island...

Please keep us posted about their future venue. NYC is only a short train ride away for us!! Dueling Pianos was my favorite show during our 8/9 cruise.

Originally posted by sjm
Thanks Verandah Man!! I was pretty sure that Fidelio wouldn't be on the Magic, but I was hoping someone would know where he is going.

I think disney made a HUGE mistaking, closing dueling pianos and getting rid of Fidelio.

Fidelio is what make our cruise so special.

sue

I couldn't agree with you more!! Several of us here are in full agreement with you on this one!!!!!

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
sue - I had a pleasant conversation with Fidelio while on our August 16th cruise. He is looking for a venue in the New York area to call home to Dueling Pianos. Hopefully he will make contact with some of the powers-that-be in New York City and/or Long Island...

NYC or LI would be fantastic!! I am a former New Yorker, currently in South Jersey, 20 minutes from Philly. If Fidelio is in the NYC area, I could find my way there blindfolded!!

I just hope that we will find out where he is going, once he has found a venue.

sue

Originally posted by sjm
NYC or LI would be fantastic!! I am a former New Yorker, currently in South Jersey, 20 minutes from Philly. If Fidelio is in the NYC area, I could find my way there blindfolded!!

I just hope that we will find out where he is going, once he has found a venue.

sue

Sue,

Howdy neighbor, we are in South Jersey about a 10 minute drive from the Walt Whitman Bridge.

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Sue,

Howdy neighbor, we are in South Jersey about a 10 minute drive from the Walt Whitman Bridge.

Hi Neighbor, I have seen in the past that you are in South Jersey. Where are you? I am in Sicklerville, Gloucester Township.

The day you sailed the Magic, 8/23, I was sailing on the Zenith to Bermuda.

sue

Originally posted by sjm
Hi Neighbor, I have seen in the past that you are in South Jersey. Where are you? I am in Sicklerville, Gloucester Township.

The day you sailed the Magic, 8/23, I was sailing on the Zenith to Bermuda.

sue

We're in West Deptford Township, Gloucester County

Hi KatrinaB.

Did Fidelio say if Anton is going with him to NYC?

No, he didn't say. But if I learn anything further about Fidelio relative to NYC or LI or USA, I'll definately post the information...

Originally posted by jlawall
Ok, where is RAe!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wondering that myself this week. I hope everyone is ok and she is just on a vacation or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter