February 9, 2013 - Magic out of Galveston??

Can hardly wait! Got in just under the wire on the TA rate. This seems to be a very booked cruise; I think as of today only one stateroom left!

:cheer2:
My family and my friends family just booked our Disney cruise out of Galveston on Feb 9th, a few weeks ago. We are just now finding out about the FE, and think it sounds like a lot of fun. is it too late to sign up? Between the two families we have 3 little girls (5,4,4) and 1 little boy (2).

My daughter is 5 and we have a son that is 17 mo. This is your first cruise. Hope we can meet and get the kids together. Have you been in the Disney cruise before? :cheer2:

Minnie321 said:
wow - and not too long ago it seemed like it was not going to be a very full cruise.

Wow everyone acted like the Galveston cruises weren't booking at all! Good to know its filled!

I think the cruise is booked for kiddos. There seem to be many staterooms available if you are cruising without kids. Someone explained that they limit the number of kids so that the clubs are not overcrowded. If you are wishing to upgrade at the port, you should search for 2 adults only and see what options are still available.

Is it too late to join FE? We booked late. I have 3 children (1 boy and 2 girls) all under the age of 10. Please let me know as we are very interested. Thank you.

Hello,

I'm not on this cruise but a later one but i have some research questions.
Would there be someone on this thread/cruise that is willing to invest 5 minites of their time for me??

Please pm me if you do....

Thanks in advance

We plan on driving to Galveston the morning of the 9th from Baton Rouge. Does anyone have any idea how bad the traffic could potentially be in the Galveston area due to the Mardi Gras parade there?

I know there is a seawall parade at 11am on the 9th. I would not chance coming across the ferry because a delay could wreck the rest of your timeline.

Ok let's just get to know each other with a few questions.

Who will be Pin Trading?
My kids will bring some, but sometimes get caught up in the day and forget about them,
Who is flying in on Friday..what time and what airport? Maybe some of us will run into each other. I am a bit nervous taking the last flight friday night and my connection is Midway(Chicago) Oh man I hope I don't get snowed in!!!
I fly in houston hobby around 10pm

What excursions is everyone doing and what port?
We are doing Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel on our own not through Disney. I got a 50% black friday deal and saved over $200 from what I would have paid through Disney. We were looking at Stingrays again much cheaper on our own but girls are a little afraid of them.
Favorite thing to do on DCL?
Well I love Tea with Alice, Princess, Wendy whoever...we have done all 3. This is a tradition I do with my girls no matter how old they get, so I hope it is still onboard our cruise.

Ok next think of some questions!!
[/QUOTE]

We are flying in on the 8th as well arrive at 430pm and stay at Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush.

We are flying in on the 8th as well arrive at 430pm and stay at Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush.[/QUOTE]

We are actually flying in on the7th now. Can't wait to leave Thursday morning. 6am!!!

We are flying into Bush Friday evening at 8:30 and driving to Galveston. We are staying at Comfort Inn and Suites.
4 more sleeps for us! :cool1:

I am on a conference call right now, not thinking about anything conference call related. Is it time to board the MouseBoat yet???

:rolleyes1

Hi everyone! We signed up for the cruise several months ago, but I just signed up with DISboards yesterday. Wow! So much to learn! I made some door magnets and a fish extender yesterday, after reading all about it. I know I'm late for the fish extender exchange, but I signed up for the "roll call" on someone's google page (I'm not sure I entered my correct login tho...oops!)

This will be our 1st Disney cruise (but we've been on other cruises before). We are from San Diego, CA, and have a 4 year old daughter (Alexis) who is just thrilled to be going on this cruise. She loves all things Disney! We are going with her grandpa, grandma, 2 cousins (Roman, 9, and Jacob, 5) and her aunt and uncles -- there will be 10 of us. This will be our 1st time cruising together, all 3 generations!

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and having a MAGICAL time on this cruise!

PS: If anyone has any extras for the fish extender exchange, do let me know. Our daughter will love any surprises, no matter how small. I plan to buy some trinkets from 99 cents store today to put in her pocket on the fish extender, so we doesn't feel left out. ;)

Someone mentioned there is a Facebook page for the people cruising on Feb 9th Magic. Can you direct me to it? I saw 2 "Disney Cruise Feb 9th, 2013" facebook pages but they are both "closed groups". I've requested to join both groups, but I don't know if either or both are the ones mentioned here. Please help!

k2y2k said:
Someone mentioned there is a Facebook page for the people cruising on Feb 9th Magic. Can you direct me to it? I saw 2 "Disney Cruise Feb 9th, 2013" facebook pages but they are both "closed groups". I've requested to join both groups, but I don't know if either or both are the ones mentioned here. Please help!

I approved someone named Keith. If that is you...come chat...lol

Yes, k2y2k is me (Karina -- of Keith, Karina and Alexis). I've been chatting with you on FB page. Thanks for adding me to the FB page.

YOUR SHIP IS DOCKED AT COZUMEL Depart about now. It is coming to get you. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Webcam See you all on Sat.

If you get up early Sat AM ship comes in,(NO FOG) around 6:00 you can watch of one of three web cams. First will show up on right side of Emerald Cam http://www.galveston.com/emeraldcam/ then on right side of http://www.galveston.com/harborcam/ Then on crusie cam http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/ which has the C Triumph leaving now. If Carnvail has ship in you will not be able to D Magic because it will behind it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter