• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 7, 2016 Wonder -ful Repo Cruise

Well friends, I'm sad to say that my family and I must cancel this cruise. My DD is pregnant and cannot travel to the Caribbean due to the Zika virus. It is with very heavy heart that we make this decision but the risk is too great even though I can't imagine being bite by that one mosquito in PR that is infected it still must be done. As my DSIL says if it's in PR it is in the rest of the Caribbean too. We were going to stay in PR 4 days before the cruise and visit with my other DD's family who live there. So it's a double blow. I was part of the FE and my gifts are made and dated so it anyone can PM me I will gladly mail them to you by 3 priority mail. It is just 14 magnets so a small package if anyone could fit it in. Thanks all and have a great cruise!

Thanks for organizing this! Its our first Disney Group and I'm sure my daughter will love FE!
Cabin 7590 Myself, my husband, daughter 4, and son 9 months

I've never done anything list this before. Is there a list that you send out? Or do we just go through this tread and write things down? Thanks for the guidance!
I think the FE lists are closed, but we made a few extra gifts just in case. We'll exchange gifts with you. We are....
cabin 6511 Heather (Adult), Anthony age 18 & Madison age 14
cabin 6515 Jennifer & Seth
cabin 6507 Lilian & Julio
:earsboy:

Is there a new fe group started ther I can join? I see that I missed the Deadline !
We made extra gifts, so we'd be happy to exchange gifts with your family. We'll need your stateroom number, though. :earsboy:
Here's our information:

Well friends, I'm sad to say that my family and I must cancel this cruise. My DD is pregnant and cannot travel to the Caribbean due to the Zika virus. It is with very heavy heart that we make this decision but the risk is too great even though I can't imagine being bite by that one mosquito in PR that is infected it still must be done. As my DSIL says if it's in PR it is in the rest of the Caribbean too. We were going to stay in PR 4 days before the cruise and visit with my other DD's family who live there. So it's a double blow. I was part of the FE and my gifts are made and dated so it anyone can PM me I will gladly mail them to you by 3 priority mail. It is just 14 magnets so a small package if anyone could fit it in. Thanks all and have a great cruise!
Oh No, we're sorry to lose your family! That is such a hard decision to make, but one I completely understand. I am one of those people that the mosquitoes seem to swarm and devour! I'm taking my repellent and plan on covering up whenever I can. I'm not pregnant, but don't want to get sick.

I hope Disney is working with you to reschedule or something. Not sure if anyone has contacted you about your FE's, but I'll send you a PM. I live on the west coast and leaving on Friday, so it may be better to working something out with someone who lives closer to you. If not, I'd be more than happy to make your deliveries. Our whole clan loves doing the FE, it's become one of our traditions!
Congratulations on your new grandchild! There's nothing like peace of mind, that his or her health will not be in danger due to the virus.

Thank you Jennifer. I got your pm and will probably mail my magnets tomorrow three day mail. Disneys been ok. United was great cancelling and returning the money to my account without question. Disney needs a letter from my DDs dr that she is indeed pregnant and can't travel to the Caribbean. It won't be a problem but the Drs office is closed until Monday. Hopefully things will go quickly tomorrow. Spent a very frustrating day trying to find accommodations at WDW one week away. Hope you enjoy your cruise and stay safe and unbitten. Karen

We made extra gifts, so we'd be happy to exchange gifts with your family. We'll need your stateroom number, though. :earsboy:
Here's our information:
Awesome!!! Cabin 7505! 2 adults and Cohen 7 and Jules( girl) 9! Thanks for responding back!

I am happy to say that we have received complete refunds of everything we have spent on this cruise without any problem. After receiving the letter from my DD's Dr Disney couldn't have done more to help us. Hope you all have a great cruise with no mosquito bites. We will be at WDW at the Treehouse Villas thinking of you all.

I am happy to say that we have received complete refunds of everything we have spent on this cruise without any problem. After receiving the letter from my DD's Dr Disney couldn't have done more to help us. Hope you all have a great cruise with no mosquito bites. We will be at WDW at the Treehouse Villas thinking of you all.
That's fantastic! So sorry you won't be cruising with us all! All the best and hope you enjoy your WDW vacation!

That is great news! I hope you had a great time at the villas. I'm sure it was (zika) stress free!
We're happy to report that the magnets arrived just in time to get packed and were delivered to all rooms but one that we couldn't find & wasn't listed on the room change whiteboard. I hope to sail with your family in the future. Congratulations again on your expected grandchild!

Welcome back everyone! Thanks for the great memories and WONDER-ful FE gifts. 5 days flew by! !! See you all real soon......I hope! !
YES! Thank you for all the WONDER-ful FE gifts!!! We had a great cruise! Gorgeous weather , great food and memories to keep forever! We hope you all had a lovely cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter