February 27th 2011 Mexican Riviera aboard the Wonder

So the weather in LA will be mixed, that will be fun packing light for then! Think we will probably just take our normal holiday clothes and then a jacket. To us in the UK 60's and 70's isn't so bad.

I've had a look at the weather for the cruise and it looks like it will be ok, hopefully nice and warm for us all :)

If you bring a jacket, you don't need more than a light one for Southern California. I never wear anything heavier than a sweatshirt here except for maybe one or two days a year.

I'm the worlds worst packer, tend to pack for every eventuality!

When I went to Florida 3 years ago also in Feb I assumed it would be warm/hot, so only packed one jumper and one long pair of trousers. It was flipping freezing for a week with frost, so had to go shopping to buy some warmer clothes!! :rotfl:

Hi hunni,

It will be lovely chatting to you again and planning another cruise together.

I just had a quick look at the FE thread and it looks like there are a few taking part so far. On the last cruise there was only a few rooms so it looks like there will be more this time :)

Yay -- It looks like we are going to have a great group for the FE's -- cant wait! :cool1:

I'm the worlds worst packer, tend to pack for every eventuality!

When I went to Florida 3 years ago also in Feb I assumed it would be warm/hot, so only packed one jumper and one long pair of trousers. It was flipping freezing for a week with frost, so had to go shopping to buy some warmer clothes!! :rotfl:

Dont pack too much--if you forget something, you could always go shopping!:rolleyes1

Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to finally have found this thread. Thanks disney-lover! I kept going to the 2011 Wonder Meets thread, waiting for a link and nothing was showing up.

We were planning on booking the Dream for Feb 2011 and then jumped on the KSF promo. We started with a Cat 11 but then I decided we would probably need a split-bath for 4 people, so we upgraded to a Cat 10b. I've asked our travel agent to keep looking for Jan dates for us, but I'm thinking that considering how quickly everything sold out, we are probably here to stay with the Feb. 27th date.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! We have lots of time. I'm in no rush for it to go by quickly because I'm trying to hold on to every second of having young children. Time is already going by too quickly.

Our cruise cast:
me - 32 - computer/system analyst - Disney-obsessed (just started 2 years ago during our first WDW trip)
DH - 34 - computer/system analyst - Says he did Disney once and he liked it but he doesn't want to do it again for a few more years. (bah!)
DD6 - Keira - Already circling Oceaneer Club/Lab kids activities from 2008 MR Navigators.
DD3 - Maya - Our sweet little baby. Probably has no idea how far off the cruise is.

Our girls will be 7 and 4 for the cruise.

Nice to "meet" you, Aimie!

Krissy will be 7 too. The pre-tween girls are going to have a great group on this cruise!

Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to finally have found this thread. Thanks disney-lover! I kept going to the 2011 Wonder Meets thread, waiting for a link and nothing was showing up.

We were planning on booking the Dream for Feb 2011 and then jumped on the KSF promo. We started with a Cat 11 but then I decided we would probably need a split-bath for 4 people, so we upgraded to a Cat 10b. I've asked our travel agent to keep looking for Jan dates for us, but I'm thinking that considering how quickly everything sold out, we are probably here to stay with the Feb. 27th date.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! We have lots of time. I'm in no rush for it to go by quickly because I'm trying to hold on to every second of having young children. Time is already going by too quickly.

Our cruise cast:
me - 32 - computer/system analyst - Disney-obsessed (just started 2 years ago during our first WDW trip)
DH - 34 - computer/system analyst - Says he did Disney once and he liked it but he doesn't want to do it again for a few more years. (bah!)
DD6 - Keira - Already circling Oceaneer Club/Lab kids activities from 2008 MR Navigators.
DD3 - Maya - Our sweet little baby. Probably has no idea how far off the cruise is.

Our girls will be 7 and 4 for the cruise.

Michelle, that's perfect!

Keira is very sociable and at that instant-best-friends stage with other kids her age. :) They are going to have so much fun.

Welcome Aimie!

My son Kyle with be 3 on this cruise... He floats in/out of the Oceaneer's Club and Lab... I am sure Maya will have a great time!

JaJa, DH Shawn, DS Kyle

Hi!

We are

Laura 36
Cole 37
Mason 15
Kane 11

we are traveling with our two nanny/helpers (Brian & Wolf) as Mason is profoundly autistic. We have two rooms booked but have a guarantee so we will see where we will end up!

We are also traveling with Meri (andromeda9mm) and Rachel (AzDisney)!

Welcome Laura! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you guys end up getting rooms close to each other!

Are you doing Fish Extenders?

Hi!

We are

Laura 36
Cole 37
Mason 15
Kane 11

we are traveling with our two nanny/helpers (Brian & Wolf) as Mason is profoundly autistic. We have two rooms booked but have a guarantee so we will see where we will end up!

We are also traveling with Meri (andromeda9mm) and Rachel (AzDisney)!

Laura,

Fish extenders is something that hangs from your fish outside the door, everybody that adds in we do a FE swap, little gifts for all in the cabin. Since you don't have a craft bone in your body, if you want to do it let me know, I will make you and Mason's cabin a fish extender, but you have to plan the gifts. If you do a fish extender search, you'll get more info, and also ideas of what other members have given and received as gifts. I know I am excited, and I know the kids will love it!

Rachel

Hi !!

Hey will you "head up" the FE exchange and database. As this is my first cruise, I don't feel comfortable doing it, but am excited to participate. Even though we still have a bit... :woohoo: before we cruise, at some point will we not accept any more? or just accept the cabin as a whole? I am starting to plan ideas, and since it will take me 6 months to get everything done.. hee hee:rotfl:, I just want to make sure I have a good list! I would be glad to assist, just don't know what to do!

Thanks,
Rachel

Hi !!

Hey will you "head up" the FE exchange and database. As this is my first cruise, I don't feel comfortable doing it, but am excited to participate. Even though we still have a bit... :woohoo: before we cruise, at some point will we not accept any more? or just accept the cabin as a whole? I am starting to plan ideas, and since it will take me 6 months to get everything done.. hee hee:rotfl:, I just want to make sure I have a good list! I would be glad to assist, just don't know what to do!

Thanks,
Rachel

Hiya,

Of course I will. I will continue to add to the first page on the FE thread as and when newbies join and then nearer the time I will sort a list out for everyone. On our last cruise I organised that everyone had a day in which they gave out their pressies, it meant that you got gifts every day not all at once. That way worked really well so I thought I'd probably do the same again nearer the time :)

do I need to sign up on the other thread?

are they supposed to be Disney specific gifts? Dollar amounts? Is one per cabin OK?

do I need to sign up on the other thread?

are they supposed to be Disney specific gifts? Dollar amounts? Is one per cabin OK?

Yes you need to sign up on the other thread.
The gifts don't have to be disney themed, they can be anything. No higher or lower value, it is entirely up to you. I will be giving a gift for each child and one for each room but again it is entirely up to you how much you want to participate.

FEs are so fun! I would also like to do a Secret Mickey exchange - similar to a Secret Santa exchange, you are assigned one participating cabin to make/buy a gift for. We took the getting-to-know-you questionnaire from our Secret Mickey family and put together a little goodie for them for each day of the cruise, with their actual SM gift delivered on the final night. It's an opportunity to do something a little more in-depth for ONE cabin vs. across the board with FEs... we enjoyed doing both!

I am hoping someone else will want to organize Secret Mickey (LOL) but if not I will do it. I'll wait another month or so before starting sign-ups. :goodvibes

I definitely think it's a good idea to put a deadline on joining FE. We had a handful of people join our roll call at the last minute and it was understandably too late for those who were making elaborate FE gifts or had purchased only a certain number of items. Those people elected to join in knowing they might not get a gift from every single FE cabin... but we had so many families participating and got so much great stuff, I don't think they minded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter