February 27th 2011 Mexican Riviera aboard the Wonder

We are booked on this cruise too...it will be our first cruise.

My family includes: me - 31, my wife - 31, and my three daughters (12, 10, 7).

It looks like my kids will have plenty of other kids to play with.

Welcome everyone, so glad there will be a few of us. And there will be loads of kids, which is fab. My kids both love the clubs so I'm sure they will get to meet a few :)

On our last cruise my DS didn't get back to the room most nights till 1am but I have seen that on this one it will be more like 2am! Thank god he has got his own key because I'll be needing my beauty sleep at that kinda time :rotfl:

Very excited to have booked this sailing! We are the Washington family from Inglewood, CA:

Adrienne (will be 41 at sailing)
Harold (will be 44)
Dexter (turning 9 the day we sail!)
Celeste (is now and will be 5)

One prior DCL experience, a fantastic double-dip Western in Sept 2008 on the Magic. Swore I'd never pay DCL prices again, but this Kids Sail Free promotion made me pull the trigger. We mostly cruise Carnival, which the kids love, but they'll be excited to be back on Disney again. At this point I'm planning to keep it a surprise, since we set sail on my son's 9th birthday - what a surprise that would be!

We just booked today too! I have 1 boy who will be 7 on the cruise...glad to see more happy faces joining!!

No way! HEATHER!!! We get to cruise together again!!! :yay: :hug: We'll have to share MexRiv homeschool plans. :thumbsup2

Very excited to have booked this sailing! We are the Washington family from Inglewood, CA:

Adrienne (will be 41 at sailing)
Harold (will be 44)
Dexter (turning 9 the day we sail!)
Celeste (is now and will be 5)

One prior DCL experience, a fantastic double-dip Western in Sept 2008 on the Magic. Swore I'd never pay DCL prices again, but this Kids Sail Free promotion made me pull the trigger. We mostly cruise Carnival, which the kids love, but they'll be excited to be back on Disney again. At this point I'm planning to keep it a surprise, since we set sail on my son's 9th birthday - what a surprise that would be!

No way! HEATHER!!! We get to cruise together again!!! :yay: :hug: We'll have to share MexRiv homeschool plans. :thumbsup2

Whoop whoop, it's gonna be fab. I am so excited.

What a lovely surprise for your Son's birthday. Make sure you tell DCL that it is his birthday on that day. They will make it extra special for him. I had my birthday while we were on our last cruise and it was so magical.....And the cake was gorgeous :yay::yay:

I am so excited for my daughter now. She'll be 7 on the cruise and it looks like she'll have lots of "friends" coming from this board! We have cruised on NCL numerous times and she has been bummed by the lack of kids her age in the kids' crew. I know it is completely different on DCL and she is going to be sooooooo happy!!!

Hmmmm anyone interested in having the like-aged kids do a penpal thing for these months before the cruise?

I am so excited for my daughter now. She'll be 7 on the cruise and it looks like she'll have lots of "friends" coming from this board! We have cruised on NCL numerous times and she has been bummed by the lack of kids her age in the kids' crew. I know it is completely different on DCL and she is going to be sooooooo happy!!!

Hmmmm anyone interested in having the like-aged kids do a penpal thing for these months before the cruise?

There will be loads of kids and yours definitely wont be bored!

My little girl is nearly 5 and my son nearly 13. I'm sure they would both love to do penpal stuff, what a great idea. Maybe for the older ones we could open a trip thread for them to post on and all get to know each other?

Hi all. We are officially booked! :banana:
Deck 6

I see a few familiar faces from my Double Dip cruise back in 2008!

My little family includes:
Me, Arin
DH, Mike
DD, Maddie, 12
DS, Chase, 5

Our youngest member of the family will still be 1 at sail time and will be sitting this one out.

Looking forward to this one!

WOW!

We were on the Sep 27 - Oct 4, 2008 Double Dip, too!

Small world! I mostly lurk, so you probably don't know me .. but this is soooo cool!

Meredith in Utah

Are you all planning to fly into LAX or Long Beach? I am not too familiar with California so I have no idea which airport is closer. I was looking at Jet Blue flights and they only fly into Long Beach from Oregon.........

I am so excited to finally be going on our first cruise! We are booked cat. 9c GTY.

Our family:

DH (will be celebrating his non-birthday on the ship - he's a Leap Day baby)
Me
DD - 11
DS - 7

We haven't told the kids yet, although they know I've been trying to talk DH in to it. The KSF promo pushed him to agree! :woohoo:

Are you all planning to fly into LAX or Long Beach? I am not too familiar with California so I have no idea which airport is closer. I was looking at Jet Blue flights and they only fly into Long Beach from Oregon.........

We will fly into LAX as we are loyal to Southwest (free flights and a companion pass will do that! ;))

We'll be flying out of PDX as well :banana:

Hi Arin! Drea (anewmac) and her family are considering this sailing as well... this is turning into quite a DDD reunion cruise! :cool1: (We called our Sept 27 - Oct 4 Western double-dip on the Magic the "Double Dip Delight" or DDD for short. Yes, it's lame. But it was fun. ;) )

Re flights: there are advantages to both LAX and LGB. LAX is bigger and will likely have more flight options, unless you're flying JetBlue. LGB is small and efficient and very managable, and JetBlue rules supreme there. Very low-key and easy airport. I'd put them approximately equidistant from the port at San Pedro; no significant difference afa travel to/from port.

I'm local to the area - I live about 8 miles from LAX and work about 8 miles from LGB - so I'm happy to answer questions as best I can. :goodvibes

Edited to add: Here is my little family on the DDD cruise Sept 2008:

scan0003.jpg

I think there are a couple roll calls started for our cruise?? Is there a way to combine them?

Anyway, we just booked our cruise yesterday on the KFMR rate - what a great deal! It'll be:
Myself - Jen
Hubby - Paul
Daughter - Alexa (5yr)
Daughter - Kayla (2.5yr)

We'll be flying in from PDX (I think I saw someone else flying out of Portland).

I'm sooooo excited about this cruise. My husband and I cruised 10 years ago on RC, and we're going on another cruise in a week and a half on CC to celebrate our 10yr wedding anniversary.

The girls have never been on a cruise. I'm hoping they'll do okay on the ship (no seasickness). And I'm a bit worried about the younger one and the characters - she's not a fan of them right now. I'm wondering if I can get her acclimated to big costumes by Feb 2011. :)

It will probably be mid-September when Southwest opens up their February schedule for booking.
That's a long wait :bored:

Hi Arin! Drea (anewmac) and her family are considering this sailing as well... this is turning into quite a DDD reunion cruise! :cool1: (We called our Sept 27 - Oct 4 Western double-dip on the Magic the "Double Dip Delight" or DDD for short. Yes, it's lame. But it was fun. ;) )

Re flights: there are advantages to both LAX and LGB. LAX is bigger and will likely have more flight options, unless you're flying JetBlue. LGB is small and efficient and very managable, and JetBlue rules supreme there. Very low-key and easy airport. I'd put them approximately equidistant from the port at San Pedro; no significant difference afa travel to/from port.

I'm local to the area - I live about 8 miles from LAX and work about 8 miles from LGB - so I'm happy to answer questions as best I can. :goodvibes

Edited to add: Here is my little family on the DDD cruise Sept 2008:

scan0003.jpg
Beautiful family :cloud9:

I'm glad to hear that the two airports are fairly equidistant from the port. I've never flown on JetBlue, so maybe we'll check into that. But I think they charge for luggage and I know that Southwest doesn't, so we may need to stick with SW ::yes::

I think there are a couple roll calls started for our cruise?? Is there a way to combine them?

Anyway, we just booked our cruise yesterday on the KFMR rate - what a great deal! It'll be:
Myself - Jen
Hubby - Paul
Daughter - Alexa (5yr)
Daughter - Kayla (2.5yr)

We'll be flying in from PDX (I think I saw someone else flying out of Portland).

I'm sooooo excited about this cruise. My husband and I cruised 10 years ago on RC, and we're going on another cruise in a week and a half on CC to celebrate our 10yr wedding anniversary.

The girls have never been on a cruise. I'm hoping they'll do okay on the ship (no seasickness). And I'm a bit worried about the younger one and the characters - she's not a fan of them right now. I'm wondering if I can get her acclimated to big costumes by Feb 2011. :)
:banana: A few of us are going out of PDX! We can, perhaps, work on finding the best fares, etc, together.

I'm glad to hear that the two airports are fairly equidistant from the port. I've never flown on JetBlue, so maybe we'll check into that. But I think they charge for luggage and I know that Southwest doesn't, so we may need to stick with SW ::yes::

Two bags fly free per person on SWA and only one flies free per person on JetBlue. I'm a pretty loyal SWA traveler, but I do *love* JetBlue for the roomy seats and in-seat satellite TV. :thumbsup2 And flying into/out of LGB is a dream, except for the fact it's 25 miles farther from me than LAX.

If the prices were the same, I would switch my loyalty to JetBlue in a heartbeat. But I'm too cheap to pay extra to fly them. ;)

Two bags fly free per person on SWA and only one flies free per person on JetBlue. I'm a pretty loyal SWA traveler, but I do *love* JetBlue for the roomy seats and in-seat satellite TV. :thumbsup2 And flying into/out of LGB is a dream, except for the fact it's 25 miles farther from me than LAX.

If the prices were the same, I would switch my loyalty to JetBlue in a heartbeat. But I'm too cheap to pay extra to fly them. ;)
I'll be sure to price them both out. Who knows, maybe even with the luggage fee they'll be close in price. I am curious to try JetBlue.
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter