February 27th 2011 Mexican Riviera aboard the Wonder

This will be my wife's and I 2nd cruise, my daughter's 1st. She was sad we left her behind last time.

Me - 34
Wife - 32
Daughter - 11

I bought my first little gifts for the FE!!! Not that I'm overly excited or anything! ;)

I loved doing the FE's on our last cruise. I already know exactly what I will be doing on this one as well, can't wait to get started :) We will have to get an FE thread going at some point, maybe see if we can get it linked to the trip thread.

We are booked! I still can't believe as of right now this cruise is fully booked. Our friends are trying to get on it as well, so we'll see if any opens up. Anyway, a little bit about us:

Me: Deanna
DH: Drew
DS: (12 at time of cruise) Nick
DS: (8 at time of cruise) Connor

This will be our 4th Disney cruise and booked on the spur of the moment b/c of the ksf promo. We live in New Hampshire but are originally from California (which I miss!) We are also booked on the Dream next July, so can't wait to see the new ship!

For those looking at different airports, you can also try Orange County (SNA). We will looking at fares from LAX, Long Beach & SNA to get the best deal. Right now it looks like SNA, but I think I am going to wait a while in hopes of better fares. I know my kids would prefer jetblue, but again, they are usually not the best prices.

Glad to be joining you all...I'm sure we will have a great time!

Hello. New to the board, and new to cruising!!

I have just paid the deposit for a Cat 9 on the 27th February cruise. :banana:

Was hoping to get a Cat 11 but dithered for too long and missed out!

Anyway, I have followed disney-lover over here from another forum and have decided to join up. I don't know her personally, nor have I ever spoken to her in person, but hopefully will get to meet her on this cruise (don't worry, I'm not a mad stalker although it probably sounds like I am!!).

Hoping to get lots of tips both for a newbie cruiser and for this cruise in particular. :thumbsup2

Welcome everyone!!! The cruise booking up so soon is going to give us a solid group here... there won't be a chance for any latecomers! I just can't believe how fast those dates are booking!

Hi everyone! We were lucky enough to snag a sideways Cat 11 a few days ago on the KSF promo :cool1:. We have 3 cabins of friends who will be joining us as well. Can't wait to get to know all of you over the next 8 months. Our group consists of 2 five year old boys, 1 five year old girl, a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. Should make for interesting dining:scared1:.

Welcome folks! Ladyshopper, welcome to the DISboards - really a great place to be. No worries about seeming stalkerish; by the time our cruise sails eight months from now we'll all feel like longtime friends when we actually meet!

Hi All!
I just booked this cruise and this will be our third one! Cant wait, Mexico will be so much nicer than NJ in Feb! We just came off of the May 5th Med trip (HI HI DISNEY - LOVER!) We have 7 coming along on this trip: Me-JaJa, Husband-Shawn, Son -3yr Kyle, My parents Judy and Tom and Shawn's parents Leslie and Harvey! Cant wait to do the FE, couldnt do it on the last cruise, as luggage was a limitation!

So so glad to see all you and looking forwards to this trip!

We just booked this cruise this morning and are super excited... This is our first Cruise ever, and figured what better one to try then a Disney Cruise :thumbsup2...

Terry (me) - 29
Toni (DW) - 30 *oregonmommyof2 on the DIS
Alec (DS) - 11
Tailor (DD) - 7

So I've been looking at airfares for this. From PDX to somewhere down south. And it looks as if everyone charges for luggage :sad1:. Except for Southwest and they aren't showing their flights for Feb/March yet. When did they all start charging?:headache: Looking at dummy fares on JetBlue vs Southwest, I looked at 10/16-10/24, if you pay for the extra baggage through JB, they come out cheaper than SW. So I may just take the JB since we've never flown them before.

What hotels are you all looking at?

I'm such a newbie to this stuff and feeling a bit overwhelmed, even though it's not for another eight months :lmao:

Hello. New to the board, and new to cruising!!

I have just paid the deposit for a Cat 9 on the 27th February cruise. :banana:

Was hoping to get a Cat 11 but dithered for too long and missed out!

Anyway, I have followed disney-lover over here from another forum and have decided to join up. I don't know her personally, nor have I ever spoken to her in person, but hopefully will get to meet her on this cruise (don't worry, I'm not a mad stalker although it probably sounds like I am!!).

Hoping to get lots of tips both for a newbie cruiser and for this cruise in particular. :thumbsup2

:yay::yay::yay:

Welcome onboard hun, so glad you managed to book. So excited to see you on here :woohoo::woohoo:

You'll get loads of good info on here and I found that being on here before our last cruise made it better and the kids loved meeting other kids.

Hi All!
I just booked this cruise and this will be our third one! Cant wait, Mexico will be so much nicer than NJ in Feb! We just came off of the May 5th Med trip (HI HI DISNEY - LOVER!) We have 7 coming along on this trip: Me-JaJa, Husband-Shawn, Son -3yr Kyle, My parents Judy and Tom and Shawn's parents Leslie and Harvey! Cant wait to do the FE, couldnt do it on the last cruise, as luggage was a limitation!

So so glad to see all you and looking forwards to this trip!

Hi hunni,

It will be lovely chatting to you again and planning another cruise together.

I just had a quick look at the FE thread and it looks like there are a few taking part so far. On the last cruise there was only a few rooms so it looks like there will be more this time :)

What is the weather likely to be like in Los Angeles at the time of the cruise? If all plans come together am hoping to spend a few days there first possibly doing disney park and/or other attractions before the cruise.

I will definitely be joining the fish extender thread as well, I know what they are but have no idea what gifts you buy to put in them (I take it there are some ideas on the thread?)!

Our party for the cruise is:

Me (Jody) - age 35
Dominic - age 13
Isabelle - age 12

What is the weather likely to be like in Los Angeles at the time of the cruise? If all plans come together am hoping to spend a few days there first possibly doing disney park and/or other attractions before the cruise.

I will definitely be joining the fish extender thread as well, I know what they are but have no idea what gifts you buy to put in them (I take it there are some ideas on the thread?)!

Me (Jody) - age 35
Dominic - age 13
Isabelle - age 12

LS Dominic is the same age as Dan! I'm sure they will be bumping into each other on the ship :thumbsup2

There's loads of threads on here for FE ideas. I'm not going to say what I did last time because I am planning on doing the same again for this cruise but some ideas are: sweets, stickers, magnets, anything personalised, glow sticks (prirate night), colouring stuff, anything disney. There's just a few ideas for you.

Me (Jody) - age 35
Dominic - age 13
Isabelle - age 12

LOL! Your guess is as good as mine. I have lived here my entire life and we always seem to get a 90 degree heat wave for a few days in February. It could be rainy and cold (50-60 degrees) or it could be sunny in the 70s. Whatever it is, it will probably be head and shoulders better than what the rest of the country will be experiencing in February.

February 27th is my son's birthday, so I happen to recall the weather on that day very easily. ;) It has not rained on that date since he's been born (now 8yo). The past two years it's been mid-60s in the morning and into the mid-to-high 70s after lunch. I'm expecting beautiful weather for the time surrounding our cruise!

So the weather in LA will be mixed, that will be fun packing light for then! Think we will probably just take our normal holiday clothes and then a jacket. To us in the UK 60's and 70's isn't so bad.

I've had a look at the weather for the cruise and it looks like it will be ok, hopefully nice and warm for us all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter