February 27, 2010 Eastern Cruise on the Magic

Ooooo, I'm so excited that people are starting to get their cruise stuff! I can't wait until our docs arrive! :yay:

About the FE:
Are there guidelines for how often we give treats? We've only done one other Disney cruise, which was a 3-day. We LOVED doing the FE! Most people gave a little something each day, but I don't know how it generally works for a 7-day. I'm trying to balance fun stuff vs suitcase space!

(I think the airlines should have an exemption for checked-luggage fees if the suitcase has FE goodies!) :thumbsup2

Ooooo, I'm so excited that people are starting to get their cruise stuff! I can't wait until our docs arrive! :yay:

About the FE:
Are there guidelines for how often we give treats? We've only done one other Disney cruise, which was a 3-day. We LOVED doing the FE! Most people gave a little something each day, but I don't know how it generally works for a 7-day. I'm trying to balance fun stuff vs suitcase space!

(I think the airlines should have an exemption for checked-luggage fees if the suitcase has FE goodies!) :thumbsup2

It's just a one time thing. I will be assigning different days to different people so that the "goodies" will be passed out over the entire week.Soon I'll be asking if anyone has a preference as to which day to pass them out.( If you have pirate things, you'll want to pass them out before Pirate Night) It's entirely up to you as to what you do. You could give 1 gift to the cabin, or give separate gifts to the children. You could make the gifts or purchase.

I have made my "cabin" gifts and purchased things for the kids. I have a Mickey soft-sided cooler that I'll put most things in and carry on the plane.Cindy, my SIL has made her gifts too. Being empty nesters gives me time to do that.

We got our "DOCS" today...can't wait !!:dance3:

Is it necessary that we have assigned nights for gift distribution, or is it common to just distribute more willy-nilly? If we have a designated night, then I would like to request a night before Pirate night.

Is it necessary that we have assigned nights for gift distribution, or is it common to just distribute more willy-nilly? If we have a designated night, then I would like to request a night before Pirate night.

Gosh, I don't want to sound so rigid...this is a vacation ! :scared1:

Of course, you can pass them out anytime... For now, I'll put you down for Sunday. But feel free to do as you wish !:dance3:

Thanks a lot for the welcome!

@ seashell724: I am very sorry for your loss!

@scrapycruiser: Thanks a lot for offering to join you at Sunny Liston Tours in St Thomas. Guess what ...... I´ve contacted them last night (before I read your response) and we are also booked with them, but our pick-up time is 10am. My son isn´t much into shopping so we choose the "middle" time for that.

Greetings from Germany,

Jutta

welcome to mickeys magical castaways!!
my son josh and i are doing the sunny liston tour with scrappy. glad to have another family along. looking forward to meeting everyone at the dis meet and greet. joanne

Thanks - I didn't mean to sound cranky, just curious! We appreciate all the coordination very much!

I'm still needing some names for our name tags if you're coming to the DisMeet ( 3pm,Sun. Feb 27 Embarkation Day in the Promenade Lounge ) :

Hockey Mom
Skats
pjFreeman

elegirls
Nette
Irish Cowboy
Party of 3

It's just a one time thing. I will be assigning different days to different people so that the "goodies" will be passed out over the entire week.Soon I'll be asking if anyone has a preference as to which day to pass them out.( If you have pirate things, you'll want to pass them out before Pirate Night) It's entirely up to you as to what you do. You could give 1 gift to the cabin, or give separate gifts to the children. You could make the gifts or purchase.

Thanks for the explanation, and thank you also for organizing it all! The FE is one of the things my kids are looking forward to the most. We are still enjoying so many of the fun goodies that we received on our last cruise. We have a picture of all of us in our pirate gear at the pirate party that we put in a frame that one of the Dis'ers made and decorated with Mickey ears, and gave to us in the FE. It's sitting in our living room, and it makes me smile every time I see it! :goodvibes

:yay:Hi Im sorry I have been off the board for alittle while. My sweet daughter had a bad bad cold, then she was so kind to pass it on to me. Now dear hubby is just now gettnig over it... ugg cant wait for the caribbean!!!

Please if we can still get in on the meet and greet.

Mom Anne Hawkins '
Dad Erland Hawkins
Daughter Age 6 ( almost 7 in April ) Isabella Hawkins
Would love to meet other kids in her age range.
Im now just trying to read all of the posts I missed and catch up..

Anyway looking so forward to meeting everyone. The disney store had a close out sale of the journals that have miney on then. The original price was 8.50 I got it for 2.99 so we will have her journal every day while cruising to keep up that handwriting!

Anyway sorry maybe im so excited im blabbing!

Its so nice to share my excitment with you guys

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE

Sam Kat Fam.........2 A ,2 C ( 2 girls, 6 & 8) / 2131
Big Turkey12..........1 A , 1 C (boy 14) / 2021
Feiste....................2 A 2 C (girls 12+9)
SeaShell 724........... 2 A / 2513
Pumpkin Princess..... 2 A , 2 C (boys 8+6) / 2129
ErieCruiser08...........2 A / 1050
Cowgirl0524.............4 A / 1052
Scrapycruiser...........2 A / 6140
Cindy......................1 A / 6142

TalRay.....................2 A ,C (boy 8) / 8012
Savin4WDW..............2A , 2C ( girls 7 & 4 ) 5520

, 22 adults , 10 children ( 4 boys + 6 girls )

PLEASE let me know if this info is incorrect !

Also let me know if you'd like to be added to the FE Exchange list !

Deadline to sign up Feb 7.........this gives everyone time to purchase or make their gifts.

Hi 2 more adults 1 girl 6 yrs old im confused are your numbers for the fish extender ? or the meet and greet. WE wanted to meet everyone at 3pm on promenade

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE

Sam Kat Fam.........2 A ,2 C ( 2 girls, 6 & 8) / 2131
Big Turkey12..........1 A , 1 C (boy 14) / 2021
Feiste....................2 A 2 C (girls 12+9)
SeaShell 724........... 2 A / 2513
Pumpkin Princess..... 2 A , 2 C (boys 8+6) / 2129
ErieCruiser08...........2 A / 1050
Cowgirl0524.............4 A / 1052
Scrapycruiser...........2 A / 6140
Cindy......................1 A / 6142

TalRay.....................2 A ,C (boy 8) / 8012
Savin4WDW..............2A , 2C ( girls 7 & 4 ) 5520

, 22 adults , 10 children ( 4 boys + 6 girls )

PLEASE let me know if this info is incorrect !

Also let me know if you'd like to be added to the FE Exchange list !

Deadline to sign up Feb 7.........this gives everyone time to purchase or make their gifts.

I'll try to find out which night that is. The Golden Mickeys used to be on Formal night, which is Sun. Not sure if the alternative show will be on Formal Nite ?? If it is ,sure, Sun will be your night along with Talray.:cheer2:

Hi 2 more adults 1 girl 6 yrs old im confused are your numbers for the fish extender ? or the meet and greet. WE wanted to meet everyone at 3pm on promenade

Sorry for the confusion. There is a Master List that includes everyone on our Dis Board. Then there is the Fish Extender that includes everyone that wants to participate in the FE. Everone is invited to the Dis Meet in the Promenade Lounge on Sat, Feb 27 at 3 pm. I'll have name tags I've made for everyone.:cheer2:

We would be happy for you to join our FE gift exchange. Is that what you wanted to do ? Now I'm confused ! :rotfl2:

Hi scrapycruiser, :wave2:

please can you add me and Lukas to the Master List?

I am thinking about the FE, but I am not sure if I can bring that much things along with all my other luggage. :confused3
But there´s still some more days to think about it and check the suitcases.

Greetings from Jutta:goofy:

Please count in the hawkins family for the 3pm meet. Not sure about the FE

Thank you so much for claifying... see you in 29 days ! :yay:

Yeah!! It is real, I have them in my hands. We are Peter, Vicki, and Kristeen for meet. I cannot wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter