February 27, 2010 Eastern Cruise on the Magic

Scrappy,

Please update the master list for me. Sam is short for Samantha, my daughter. You have her listed as a boy. It happens. :confused3

Thanks so much,

Can't wait to meet all you guys with a cocktail in hand...

:surfweb:

Hi again! Mom's name is Mary, dad's name is Lee. The last name is the same as my user name - Feiste (E at the end not A)

Thanks!

I added them to our Master List. Sorry about misspelling your name ! I still need your cabin # for the FE if you have it. Am I correct that Mary & Lee will not be doing the FE ?

Hi,
Not sure if there is a place I am suposed to put in this info so I am going to place it here for the list of Disboard members on the cruise:
We are 2 Adults (Wife and Husband) Norma & Brian and 2 daughters: Sabrina - 7 and Julia - 5. We are at the Hyatt Orlando Airport the night before and staying a couple of days at WDW after the cruise. We have early dinner seating.

We have some questions that I am hoping people can help out on:

We have a reservation at Palo's on the St. Maarten night. What happens with the kids for dinner (we have an early reservation)?

We have not booked any excursion for St.Maarten. what have others booked or suggest?

What is meant by Formal and semi-Formal dress - I take it one night is formal dinner and one is semi formal but all others are casual?

Thanks

Norma&Brian...WELCOME
party:

I have added your family to our Master List. We are also staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before the cruise. Our DIS MEET is 3 pm Embarkation Day in the Promenade Lounge. I'll have name tags for everyone. Hope to see you there if not before at the hotel !
Cruising is getting to be less formal as airlines are charging for bags. My husband is wearing his navy blazer, tie?? and casual shoes. I'm wearing a long black cotton sundress...other than being long...very casual w/ sandals.I'll probably wear the same on informal nite.
This will be our 5th time to St Maarten and we usually go to Orient Beach 9 fartherest away from the nude section. In all my trips ,I've only seen 2 topless women walk by. Our Grandchildren didn't even notice. If I took them now, being teenagers, they'd probably be looking out for them !!:rotfl2:
Anyway, IMHO, Orient Beach w/ it's gentle surf and wide white sand beach is the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean !!
It's so easy and cheap to get a taxi, so many taxis for the return.Never a problem. Chairs,umbrellas, food,drinks,water tramboline,I think there are jet skis. Very relaxing !!:cloud9:

You are welcome to join in on the FE exchange. No pressure, just didn't want to leave anyone out. Deadline is Feb 7.

Scrappy,

Please update the master list for me. Sam is short for Samantha, my daughter. You have her listed as a boy. It happens. :confused3

Thanks so much,

Can't wait to meet all you guys with a cocktail in hand...

:surfweb:

Sorry about that !:rolleyes1 I have corrected it. Would she like Sam or Samantha on her name tag ? And please tell her I'm sorry.;)

Just want to say I'm so incredibly excited!

We are planning to take a Rumbaba charter out of St. Thomas, but we're undecided on St. Maarten. I'm thinking I'd just like to figure out a way to wander in an unstructured way. See a bit of the Dutch side, a bit of the French side. Is this possible just by grabbing cabs here and there? I'd really prefer to go solo rather than have a mass transit tour. Is there a particular person we could employ for transport/to show us some highlights and wait around while we explore?

Yay!

Just want to say I'm so incredibly excited!

We are planning to take a Rumbaba charter out of St. Thomas, but we're undecided on St. Maarten. I'm thinking I'd just like to figure out a way to wander in an unstructured way. See a bit of the Dutch side, a bit of the French side. Is this possible just by grabbing cabs here and there? I'd really prefer to go solo rather than have a mass transit tour. Is there a particular person we could employ for transport/to show us some highlights and wait around while we explore?

Yay!

You might check on cruisecritic.com.Go to the ports of call and click on St Maarten.I know there's a Bernards Tours that's popular but I think it's for several families ??? You could hire a taxi at the dock .Just be sure he/she speaks English and agree on a price before you get in.

We are doing Bernard's Tours in St. M. I did research on CruiseCritic and it is a small group tour but it sounds so great. Be sure to look into it. I also looked into some private tours and they are super expensive.

Hi,

thanks to nokidz I found this thread.

My son Lukas (21) and I, Jutta, will be on this cruise, too. (DH and DD will stay at home this time)
We are living in Germany and it will be my 5th and Lukas´ 4th Disney Cruise.

Before the cruise we´ll be at OKW for 2 nights, afterwards we´ll be at AKV for 7 more nights.

We still have no reservations made for the ports neither for Palo´s.
At St. Maarten I think, we will take the water taxi for some shopping.
I am trying to find a company at St. Thomas for a tour around the island. Several ones I´ve contacted, are already booked. On our last Eastern cruise we did the Mountainviews and Butterflies tour with Disney and were very disappointed. So no more tour with them at St. Thomas.

We are on the 2nd seating, our room# is 6090.

We have never participated in any cruise meet before.

Greetings from over the big pond,

Jutta and Lukas

Welcome Jutta and Lukas!

I wanted to mention I got our cruise luggage tags in the mail today via Fed Ex. That put a tiny small on my face...

This cruise is going to be nice but I am not as excited as I have had a death in my family this weekend which I am taking very, very hard.

However, that package made me remember there is more to come.

It says to put the tags on when we fly in but if I am staying a night before I should just put them on before I catch Magical Express from the Hyatt correct?

Also, do I fill out everything in the book AND print off our documents from DCL website?

Hi,

thanks to nokidz I found this thread.

My son Lukas (21) and I, Jutta, will be on this cruise, too. (DH and DD will stay at home this time)
We are living in Germany and it will be my 5th and Lukas´ 4th Disney Cruise.

Before the cruise we´ll be at OKW for 2 nights, afterwards we´ll be at AKV for 7 more nights.

We still have no reservations made for the ports neither for Palo´s.
At St. Maarten I think, we will take the water taxi for some shopping.
I am trying to find a company at St. Thomas for a tour around the island. Several ones I´ve contacted, are already booked. On our last Eastern cruise we did the Mountainviews and Butterflies tour with Disney and were very disappointed. So no more tour with them at St. Thomas.

We are on the 2nd seating, our room# is 6090.

We have never participated in any cruise meet before.

Greetings from over the big pond,

Jutta and Lukas

WELCOME, Jutta & Lukas !! :rockband:

So glad you are joining our FUN

group

Sounds like a wonderful vacation w/ the week after the cruise at AKL. We are also DVC members. And also 2nd seating. Have you tried Sunny Liston Tours in St Thomas ? There are 5 of us ( 4 adults + 14y boy ) that have res at 9am that Wed. You're welcome to join us.

Don't forget our DIS MEET at 3pm on Embarkation Day in the Promenade Lounge. I'll have name tags for everyone that I've made.

Welcome Jutta and Lukas!

I wanted to mention I got our cruise luggage tags in the mail today via Fed Ex. That put a tiny small on my face...

This cruise is going to be nice but I am not as excited as I have had a death in my family this weekend which I am taking very, very hard.

However, that package made me remember there is more to come.

It says to put the tags on when we fly in but if I am staying a night before I should just put them on before I catch Magical Express from the Hyatt correct?

Also, do I fill out everything in the book AND print off our documents from DCL website?

Seashell... I was sorry to hear about the saddness in your family.But I was happy for you that you got your luggage tags ! ( now where's mine :sad2:) ?

We are also staying at the Hyatt. I plan to put mine on the evening before we cruise. They will pick up the luggage from our rooms around 8 am. The next time you'll see your bags will be when they're delivered to your cabin on the ship. They provided this service when we cruised w/ DCL in the Med. It is so nice not to have to bother with carrying them around. Of course, keep valuables & paperwork & meds in your carry-on bag with you .:thumbsup2

We are doing Bernard's Tours in St. M. I did research on CruiseCritic and it is a small group tour but it sounds so great. Be sure to look into it. I also looked into some private tours and they are super expensive.
first of all sorry for your loss . our thoughts are with you. just to let you know
we are also doing bernards tours maybe well be on the same bus.we are the 9 am . that would be great if we were!!

Does anyone want to share a Bernard's private tour? We are a group of three, they can take up to six for $350 total. Two adults and an 8 year old in our group. If there's another family of three out there, would be nice to share! We'd want to direct the driver to a few hours on Orient Beach, probably a stop at Mako Beach and then some taste of both sides of the island. A little shopping but more an opportunity to explore a couple areas on foot. Let me know if you're interested and we'll talk!

Thank you so much Scrappy and BigTurkey. I appreciate your kindness so much right now.

first of all sorry for your loss . our thoughts are with you. just to let you know
we are also doing bernards tours maybe well be on the same bus.we are the 9 am . that would be great if we were!!

Yes! We will be on the same tour. The van leaves at 9 am so it will be nice to "know" some people coming along!

I think the tour ends around 4 pm but since we don't leave port until 6:30 I asked Bernard if we wanted to do a bit more shopping if we could be dropped off in that area near port. (I think it is a 10 min walk back to ship.) He said that was fine so we may do that depending on how we feel!

I can't wait to see the whole island! (The market area sounds fun and of course the gorgeous beaches!

Does anyone want to share a Bernard's private tour? We are a group of three, they can take up to six for $350 total. Two adults and an 8 year old in our group. If there's another family of three out there, would be nice to share! We'd want to direct the driver to a few hours on Orient Beach, probably a stop at Mako Beach and then some taste of both sides of the island. A little shopping but more an opportunity to explore a couple areas on foot. Let me know if you're interested and we'll talk!

Hi Talray. Have you looked at Bernard's website? His tours on the van cover the things you want to see although I believe it is Maho Beach. The one where the planes come in? It is much cheaper to do the van tour $35 pp I think plus it includes free beverages alcoholic and non alcoholic.

If you still want to do a private tour I would email to see if he is even available for a private tour because he is quite popular. We booked with him back in the fall.

Thanks a lot for the welcome!

@ seashell724: I am very sorry for your loss!

@scrapycruiser: Thanks a lot for offering to join you at Sunny Liston Tours in St Thomas. Guess what ...... I´ve contacted them last night (before I read your response) and we are also booked with them, but our pick-up time is 10am. My son isn´t much into shopping so we choose the "middle" time for that.

Greetings from Germany,

Jutta

Update--

We have had a change of plans in our family. My daughter made the school play and the week of the cruise is tech rehearsal. If she misses that week she can't be in the play. So, she has chosen to stay home. I am now going to be traveling with a friend. Scrapycruiser, if you want to change the official roll call you can take off Olivia and add Lori (adult). I was planning on doing the FE for Olivia so I think I will cancel out of it this time UNLESS people are already done with their gifts....I don't want to mess up the plans so let me know either way! THANKS! :goodvibes

Thanks a lot for the welcome!

@ seashell724: I am very sorry for your loss!

@scrapycruiser: Thanks a lot for offering to join you at Sunny Liston Tours in St Thomas. Guess what ...... I´ve contacted them last night (before I read your response) and we are also booked with them, but our pick-up time is 10am. My son isn´t much into shopping so we choose the "middle" time for that.

Greetings from Germany,

Jutta

So glad you could book with Sunny. Sounds like alot of fun, from what I've read ! Hope to see you and Lukas at the DisMeet !:grouphug:

Update--

We have had a change of plans in our family. My daughter made the school play and the week of the cruise is tech rehearsal. If she misses that week she can't be in the play. So, she has chosen to stay home. I am now going to be traveling with a friend. Scrapycruiser, if you want to change the official roll call you can take off Olivia and add Lori (adult). I was planning on doing the FE for Olivia so I think I will cancel out of it this time UNLESS people are already done with their gifts....I don't want to mess up the plans so let me know either way! THANKS! :goodvibes

Tell Olivia we will miss her ! No problem about the FE ...I'll just take you off the FE List :thumbsup2

Tell Lori I'll have a name tag for her, so hope to see you both at the DisMeet !

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE ( PASSING OUT FE'S )

Sam Kat Fam.........2 A ,2 C ( 2 girls, 6 & 8) / 2131
Big Turkey12..........1 A , 1 C (boy 14) / 2021.....SUNDAY
Feiste....................2 A 2 C (girls 12+9) / 5020
SeaShell 724........... 2 A / 2513
Pumpkin Princess..... 2 A , 2 C (boys 8+6) / 2129
ErieCruiser08...........2 A / 1050
Cowgirl0524.............4 A / 1052
Scrapycruiser...........2 A / 6140......Saturday, 27 Feb
Cindy......................1 A / 6142......Saturday , 27 Feb

TalRay.....................2 A ,C (boy 8) / 8012...........SUNDAY
Savin4WDW..............2A , 2C ( girls 7 & 4 ) 5520

, 22 adults , 10 children ( 4 boys + 6 girls )

PLEASE let me know if this info is incorrect !

Also let me know if you'd like to be added to the FE Exchange list !

Deadline to sign up Feb 7.........this gives everyone time to purchase or make their gifts.

MASTER ROLL CALL

MICKEY'S MAGICAL CASTAWAYS
February 27, 2010

Hockey Mom KQ stateroom :
Party of 6 ,Mom,Dad,DS9,DS10,Mom's parents
Canada

Skats stateroom :
Party of 5
Canada

NoKidz stateroom :
Chris & Lori
Ontario,Canada
WDW precruise

Austin77 stateroom :
Andy& Ashley

Sam Kat Fam stateroom : 2131 FE
Andy & Becca & Samantha 8 & Katie 6
Northern California
WDW at AKL precruise
1st Cruise !
15th Anniversary

BigTurkey :stateroom 2021 : FE
Joanne & Josh 14
New Brunswick ,Canada
WDW at Pop Century precruise
1st Cruise !
2nd Seating

pjfreeman21 stateroom :
party of 6

Feiste stateroom : FE (Jennifer,Robert,Audrey,Grace)
party of 6
Jennifer,Robert,Audrey(12),Grace(9) , parents : Mary & Lee
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Orlando precruise

SeaShell 724 stateroom : 2513 FE
Reynold & Nikki
Manitoba,Canada
Hyatt MCO precruise
1st Cruise !

Spooner 11 stateroom
Family of 4
Karen,Justin,Hailey3,Ryan1 yr
Happy Birthday, Karen !
Congrats on finishing Grad School !
1st Seating Dining
Tues Dinner PALO
Rhode Island

Pumpkin Princess stateroom : 2129 FE
Trevor, Leyah, Andrew 8, Ryan 6
Northern California

rahrah stateroom :
Rand & Michele
Massachusetts
Day 3 Palo Brunch
St Maarten : 8:45am Under 2 Flags Tour
St Thomas : 8am Coral World & Scenic Drive
WDW at Pop Century post cruise
4th Disney Cruise !
Celebrating passing bar exam !

peanutgirl stateroom :
Mom,Dad, DD12
New Brunswick,Canada
Hyatt MCO precruise

ErieCruiser08 stateroom: 1050 FE
Chris & Amy
Erie, PA
2nd Seating

Scrapycruiser stateroom : 6140 FE
Bruce & Gina
Newport News,VA
Hyatt MCO precruise
6 Disney Cruises !
2nd Seating

CINDY stateroom 6142 FE
Newport News,VA
Hyatt MCO precruise
3 Disney Cruises
2nd Seating

Cowgirl0524 /SuperNervous Erie stateroom: 1052 FE
4 adults
Larry,Debbie,Greg,Bethany
Erie,PA
WDW at Pop Century
2nd Seating

lornak stateroom: 6067
Lorna & Lori
northern Minnesota
Early seating

Silv01 stateroom:
Norma & Brian, Sabrina7 & Julia5
MCO Hyatt- pre cruise
WDW - post cruise
Early Dining

ele2girls

Duck Tape 2 : 6540
Mom,DS8, DS5

TALRAY FE , Stateroom : 8012
Talena ,Kurt, Ethan 8
Bend, OR
PreCruise : 5 Days WDW

ELA KID
Richard & Laura
Guillermo "Memo" (19)
Sebastian "Sebi" (9)
From AZ by way of CA & Mexico

IndyDisneyFan : 8092, upgrade !
Laura& DH
*16th Anniversary*
PreCruise-POFQ at WDW
PostCruise-BCV at WDW

Nette : Cat 6 Guar
Mom-Dad-DD7

ccdunn :
Chris & Char
Colorado
1st Disney Cruise
10 th Anniversary !!

sitchu2 : 6019
Robert, Felicia, DD Caitlyn (14)
central NJ shore
10th Disney cruise
prior : WDW, BLT Villas

Savin4WDW : 5520 FE
Stacey, Evan, Jessica (7 ), Samantha (4 )

BACI
Erland, Anne, Isabella 7

Party of 3
DW, DH, Allie 9 ( Birthday!)

IRISH COWBOY

[junoluca : 6090
Jutta & son, Lukas (21)
2nd Seating
5th Disney Cruise
Pre Cruise ....OKW
Post Cruise....AKV...week at WDW

[/COLOR]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter